oneBoro Forum

Boro V Watford 1-1 (Bolasie)

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think it's pretty clear that if we'd just appointed a different manager we'd have been promoted by now and we would have beaten Watford 5-0 yesterday without really even trying.

Could be true.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lion v Moose, Monday 5th April 2021 Kick Off: 12.30 Location: Stadia by the Tees "The next game of this season, Incase anyone is still interested..." Well, where to start... probab

Live footage of Robin Johnson.

Perhaps it's because I'm pretty depressed at the moment, but I feel quite numb after that game. We won't miss out on promotion because of today's non-performance, but today neatly encapsulated so many

Posted Images

We have 11 NW players in the squad. The overall performance of the team over a prolonged period has been dreadfully poor. No shape, energy, consistency, there is just no DNA that shows a team bonding. I have watched a team that is error ridding, panicked on the ball, no movement and lacks confidence. 
I can’t understand NW game plan, I don’t understand his substitutions or his reluctance to act when things are clearly unbalanced. What I do see is a manager that does not want to loose but doesn’t have the will or bottle to want to win. I see a manager who bigs up other teams players and talks consistently of how good other teams are. I see a dinosaur who is years behind the modern game trying to nullify opponents. 

I believe we had and have the players to do better they just didn’t know how and that’s down to NW. I believe his remit was middle, upper table as was evident in some of his interviews when he stated if we were there about the playoffs, basically admitting it was not his target. I do believe under a different manager we could and would have done better, but looking at it from a SG point of view the risk was to great especially given his historical data of past managers. SG decided to stick then twist. What I don’t understand is why he choose to keep NW for another season because effectively he has just lost thousands in season tickets. 

• Like 2
  • Angry 1
21 hours ago, Kelloe said:

Is there any need to do it in such an arrogant and condescending way?

I suppose he could have just put an angry or confused emoji instead.  On all of their posts.  Over and over again.

• Confused 4
1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

We have 11 NW players in the squad. The overall performance of the team over a prolonged period has been dreadfully poor. No shape, energy, consistency, there is just no DNA that shows a team bonding. I have watched a team that is error ridding, panicked on the ball, no movement and lacks confidence. 
I can’t understand NW game plan, I don’t understand his substitutions or his reluctance to act when things are clearly unbalanced. What I do see is a manager that does not want to loose but doesn’t have the will or bottle to want to win. I see a manager who bigs up other teams players and talks consistently of how good other teams are. I see a dinosaur who is years behind the modern game trying to nullify opponents. 

I believe we had and have the players to do better they just didn’t know how and that’s down to NW. I believe his remit was middle, upper table as was evident in some of his interviews when he stated if we were there about the playoffs, basically admitting it was not his target. I do believe under a different manager we could and would have done better, but looking at it from a SG point of view the risk was to great especially given his historical data of past managers. SG decided to stick then twist. What I don’t understand is why he choose to keep NW for another season because effectively he has just lost thousands in season tickets. 

Kelloe, do share your views dear, why are you angry? 

2 hours ago, sanddancer said:

11 players Warnock signed? 

I can only count 8 players that have had game time plus Archer .. 

Come again, Sherlock

1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

11 players Warnock signed? 

I can only count 8 players that have had game time plus Archer .. 

Come again, Sherlock

Akpom, Archer, Bettinelli, Bolasie, Fisher, Hall, Kebano, Mendex-Laing, Morsy, Watmore.  That's 10 I count but I suppose you could also add Johnson as we gave him a new contract last summer?  Maybe that's the 11?

Just now, Changing Times said:

Akpom, Archer, Bettinelli, Bolasie, Fisher, Hall, Kebano, Mendex-Laing, Morsy, Watmore.  That's 10 I count but I suppose you could also add Johnson as we gave him a new contract last summer?  Maybe that's the 11?

Hall wasn't a NW signing and ofc we dont count Johnson as one.. He was a Monk signing 😛

6 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Hall wasn't a NW signing and ofc we dont count Johnson as one.. He was a Monk signing 😛

But Johnson was out of contract and was given another one so he kinda is a Warnock signing.  We didn't have to keep him.  I don't really see how Hall wasn't a Warnock signing as we signed him at the end of July and Warnock became our manager over a month earlier?  

58 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

If he wanted someone other than Johnson he would have let him go on a free and used his wages elsewhere. He decided to sign him when he was free to go, so he's a Warnock signing. 

Roberts to add to the list, so we've made 12 signings in his time here. 

Archer haven't played and Johnson has been here since forever .... Roberts clearly wasn't liked by NW 

8 NW signings have played regurlarly .. 

Only ones with more than 15 games played as starter or sup: Betts, Chuba. Morsy and Watmore.

The argument was that this is mainly NW's team ..