• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When? Saturday 10th April, 15:00 Where? Oakwell, somewhere in South Yorkshire So. Barnsley. Flat caps, whippets, ecky thump, eeh by gum tha's gonna be a reet tricky game.  Mai

Warnock is a manger/coach who won't admit that he's got it wrong bringing Bettinelli in, we al know the keepers wrong for us and nobodies convincing me the coaching staff don't know that either, stubb

It shouldn't read like it's coming from the MFC website though.  This is something I copied from there as well: 'The game wasn’t one for the purists. Barnsley’s assault on the play-off places has

Posted Images

9 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I say all that of course and we know that Coulson might only get 20 minutes in the next 6 games. 😄

Hey - you can do a lot in 20 minutes! 😉

I do feel sorry for the guy though. He's with us "long term" - however long that is, but seemingly doesn't feature in the manager's plans, unless his hand is forced.

Hayden's featured in just 13 games...only made the starting lineup 3 times and has just 7 hours' playing time under his belt. Not really had much chance to show his best. Only Wing, Roberts & Browne have had less time (and NML but he's a recent arrival).

• Like 1

I've spent the morning watching the Full 90 of Cardiff v Middlesbrough as I missed the last hour live, ticking it off so I can say I've watched every minute of every game this season.

It's not particularly entertaining to watch when you know the score, you know it's a draw, and there are no fans.

I should have done it back in October

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Smogzilla said:

Youth watch: Coburn won't be with the 1st team today. Warnock wants him to play with the u18s as they're playing in the late rounds of the youth cup this week.

Also Malley & Hackney are joining in training with the first team next week. Warnock said these last three fixtures were not the right games to throw them in. 

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Game day!

Sounds like Fletcher might start.

I don't see the point as he won't be around. I'd go with Akpom and give him a run of games with players that are likely to be here next season around him, albeit that's not many based on Warnock's earlier comments about the out of contract players all departing.

21 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I don't see the point as he won't be around. I'd go with Akpom and give him a run of games with players that are likely to be here next season around him, albeit that's not many based on Warnock's earlier comments about the out of contract players all departing.

I do agree with your point to an extent, but he didn't say all the out of contract players are definitely departing, just that he thinks they will.

If he thought they were all definitely leaving, they wouldn't be having discussions with Johnson in the summer.

Fletcher would already be on a new long term contract if the club and Warnock had got their way, so it might well be an effort to sway him back towards signing an extension.

• Like 1

Normally I would say this is a game we need to win. But too many of them have slipped past recently with disappointing results for that sentiment to mean much any more. Score draw for me. Hope we see some energy from the start, and personally, I'd love to see Coulson given a few games at #10. It's not as if anyone else could resent being dropped, and if it works, it'd save us splashing the cash on a #10 in the summer.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Of course I know that, and so does Warnock.

Playing someone in a position that doesn't suit them, in the hope that it somehow might suit them, seems barmy to me.  The alternative would be to play him in a position that does suit him, but we do seem to struggle with that concept at this football club.  I suppose we'll have to see what the team looks like for this one.

But the point is he's not gonna get played there because the player in that position is actually playing well? Unless you want us to play 2 left backs to accommodate him?

18 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Normally I would say this is a game we need to win. But too many of them have slipped past recently with disappointing results for that sentiment to mean much any more. Score draw for me. Hope we see some energy from the start, and personally, I'd love to see Coulson given a few games at #10. It's not as if anyone else could resent being dropped, and if it works, it'd save us splashing the cash on a #10 in the summer.

I'm already like many of our players...thinking of Summer holidays, (staycation obviously). I'll be watching these remaining games more out of idle interest, than any real hope or expectation.

I'd like to see Coulson given some games, along with any promising U23s, just to see how we play with some different names in the team.

Obviously (hopefully?) it'd be good for team morale if we won, or got a result of any kind, but I won't be that bothered if we help Barnsley's play-off bid.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Hey - you can do a lot in 20 minutes! 😉

I do feel sorry for the guy though. He's with us "long term" - however long that is, but seemingly doesn't feature in the manager's plans, unless his hand is forced.

Hayden's featured in just 13 games...only made the starting lineup 3 times and has just 7 hours' playing time under his belt. Not really had much chance to show his best. Only Wing, Roberts & Browne have had less time (and NML but he's a recent arrival).

I kind of feel sorry for him too, he's been sold the vision with his contract under Woodgate, sold as part of the future of this club. And I'm a big Hayden Coulson fan, I'd definitely prefer it if he could show what he could do as a left back as I think he'd have a better chance of making it here.

But in a team filled with inconsistent plodders, you don't take out one of your brightest lights to accommodate someone else. Last season the shoe was on the other foot, we weren't gonna drop Coulson for Bola for the sake of it.

If he's gonna play for Warnock, he's got to find a way to make himself useful in a team with Bola in it. James Husband had the exact same issue when he was brought here, he had to find a way to make a name for himself with George Friend in the side, he didn't do that so he had to leave.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Barnsley v Boro 2-0