oneBoro Forum

Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

He won’t ever be effective as a winger in my opinion. He can’t shoot, can’t pass, awful decision making, can’t control the ball. What is he genuinely good at? What has he shown this season? He has pace but never even uses his pace to beat a man. He prefers to attempt a ball roll and fall over.

This.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When? Saturday 10th April, 15:00 Where? Oakwell, somewhere in South Yorkshire So. Barnsley. Flat caps, whippets, ecky thump, eeh by gum tha's gonna be a reet tricky game.  Mai

Warnock is a manger/coach who won't admit that he's got it wrong bringing Bettinelli in, we al know the keepers wrong for us and nobodies convincing me the coaching staff don't know that either, stubb

It shouldn't read like it's coming from the MFC website though.  This is something I copied from there as well: 'The game wasn’t one for the purists. Barnsley’s assault on the play-off places has

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, mj south said:

I think with Spence he's using these last few games to see if he can be effective as a winger and someone he wants here next season

Spence is never going to be a winger in a million years. 

I think Spence just needs confidence. He seems to lose his bottle when he gets close to a player, slow down, do a ball roll then try to go past him, ends up in the corner and loses it. I think he needs to just cut out the 'skills', use his pace and agility to just get past players and release the ball quickly. We have seen before he can be quite effective running with the ball and also when pressing high up the pitch.

I don’t want to be harsh on Spence cos he’s only a young lad. I just don’t see what ability he has that could be improved enough to make him a good player. 

For example, when I look at Coulson, I see a player that could improve. He has a nice touch, a nice weight of pass, quick feet and attempts to get past his man 1v1. He’s a bit naive sometimes and very lightweight. Don’t think we or the club know his best position. Thats probably his biggest problem atm.

People really do love making a meal of Spence's capabilities or lack thereof, don't they? Lad is 20 years old, had his first season in pro football last season out of nothing and he's the whipping boy of this team right now. In comparison to others who we're paying significant sums of money for, players who we expect to do the business every matchday, relatively speaking he's not even close to being the worst player in this side.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I think it’s his best position. He has the pace that a lot of our layers lack, he just needs games to improve his confidence. 

Couldn't we just strap him in one of those chairs, stick a plug in the back of his neck and upload the skills into him, like they did with Neo in The Matrix? 😁

7 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I think it’s his best position. He has the pace that a lot of our layers lack, he just needs games to improve his confidence. 

He's had loads of games.

• Downsouth changed the title to Barnsley v Boro 2-0