• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When? Saturday 10th April, 15:00 Where? Oakwell, somewhere in South Yorkshire So. Barnsley. Flat caps, whippets, ecky thump, eeh by gum tha's gonna be a reet tricky game.  Mai

Warnock is a manger/coach who won't admit that he's got it wrong bringing Bettinelli in, we al know the keepers wrong for us and nobodies convincing me the coaching staff don't know that either, stubb

It shouldn't read like it's coming from the MFC website though.  This is something I copied from there as well: 'The game wasn’t one for the purists. Barnsley’s assault on the play-off places has

Posted Images

@wilsoncgp @MMC why are you both acting immature because people disagree with your opinion on a player? People are allowed opinions you know. Never blamed Spence for anything in my post, actually said I want him to do well. My opinion of him is that I don’t see any attributes or natural ability in his game. 

Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

Spence isn't that bad, I said last game he's not exactly at the top of the list in terms of poor stats, but equally he's not at the top of the list of good stats.

He's 20 years old so obviously has room to grow and improve. We have a good knack on here of writing young players off. Fry was written off a few seasons back and I'm sure a few on here had written of Bola and Dijksteel before this season too.

I've not seen a worse Boro player for a while compared to Bola last season. I always recall the Sheff Wed game at home, he was bullied non-stop. Look at him now, last season I'd have never thought for a second Coulson could have lost his place in the side unless he did something real bad. Now I can't really see a way back for Coulson, Bola's had a good season in a team where individuals have been largely hit and miss.

Fry and Dijksteel were similar last year, Dijksteel obviously missed a lot of it through injury in the end but when he was in the side he looked lacking in confidence and a liability on the ball. Fry when he was playing on the left-side of the defence constantly putting the ball out from playing it behind Coulson or Johnson at wing-back comes to mind. This year, Fry has been great for most the season and Dijksteel had a very good start, hit and miss since but still very much improved from last year.

9 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Exactly, we’ve got ten other players on the pitch who are just as sh*t, why single out Spence?

Who’s singled him out? My post never blamed him for anything. 

Are we not allowed to talk about players?

2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I hadn’t even noticed that you were talking about him, sorry, no offence meant. 

No need to apologise mate. I just haven’t seen anyone singling him out in this thread, and was using my post as an example 

• Downsouth changed the title to Barnsley v Boro 2-0