oneBoro Forum

Just now, DevKWat said:

I said exactly the same. 6 points off with 10 to go and ALL the talk from him was next season. Shocking attitude which i personally think leaked into the players. Although the players must take equal if not more blame.

I think if you expect the team as a whole to keep up motivation for challenging for play-offs right now, then most or all of the blame has to lie at the shoulders of the manager. Especially given the comments he's made.

But I don't think he's alone in that thinking, I agree with him to an extent, we should be looking at next season now. I think there's a great deal of value in using this time to prepare for next season too, we're not going down, we're not making the play-offs, use this time to learn as much about this group as you can and see how willing they are to play for their place in the squad next year.

Now whether he's actually doing that with his selection and his changes today, I'm not so convinced. All this talk about Coulson and what he wants to try out with him and he's come on when the game's over and in a position he doesn't think he can play anyway. The talk about out-of-contract players, yet they're the ones who came on first, including Britt who seems to have all but shut down for the season. I guess we'll see in the final 5 games how much he sticks to the things he speaks of.

• Like 2
  • Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When? Saturday 10th April, 15:00 Where? Oakwell, somewhere in South Yorkshire So. Barnsley. Flat caps, whippets, ecky thump, eeh by gum tha's gonna be a reet tricky game.  Mai

Warnock is a manger/coach who won't admit that he's got it wrong bringing Bettinelli in, we al know the keepers wrong for us and nobodies convincing me the coaching staff don't know that either, stubb

It shouldn't read like it's coming from the MFC website though.  This is something I copied from there as well: 'The game wasn’t one for the purists. Barnsley’s assault on the play-off places has

Posted Images

Whoever is in-line to do the next match day thread, please feel free to use the template below 

882030D0-24A6-49AF-9282-7555F1F3BBA6.jpeg

• Haha 4
4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think if you expect the team as a whole to keep up motivation for challenging for play-offs right now, then most or all of the blame has to lie at the shoulders of the manager. Especially given the comments he's made.

But I don't think he's alone in that thinking, I agree with him to an extent, we should be looking at next season now. I think there's a great deal of value in using this time to prepare for next season too, we're not going down, we're not making the play-offs, use this time to learn as much about this group as you can and see how willing they are to play for their place in the squad next year.

Now whether he's actually doing that with his selection and his changes today, I'm not so convinced. All this talk about Coulson and what he wants to try out with him and he's come on when the game's over and in a position he doesn't think he can play anyway. The talk about out-of-contract players, yet they're the ones who came on first, including Britt who seems to have all but shut down for the season. I guess we'll see in the final 5 games how much he sticks to the things he speaks of.

He's talking the talk but not walking the walk, so far.

Its like he's trying to make some kind of perverse point by persisting in picking the same players, game after game, regardless of whether they perform or not.

• Like 1

I will be touching upon this on Monday nights BorofanTV show and it's coming from someone who has supported Warnock even recent times, but this squad is HIS SQUAD! 

We have been absolutely shocking in terms of performance, results and tactical decisions since January and he can't have excuses as he got the players he said he required to push us on.

Personally, I think he's had too many options to know what to do with and that's really poor imo.

I really worry about who we end up with in the summer and apart from Tav, Fry, Mcnair, Bola and Fisher I don't see any consistent performers who give us solid performances every week.

I think we're all just hoping that the occasion of fans being back allowed in the ground and giving Warnock the send off he deserves with his retirement pushes us onto the play offs but personally I now think there is going to be a a lot of disappointed fans next season when we fail to deliver again.

I like what he's done to the club at stabilizing us again after Woodgate season and giving something to get excited for a while over the course of the season within touching distance of the play offs but I am deeply concerned about next season.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

Is this really any better than Pulis 

Feels like the end of the Pulis reign now, since Blackburn fans are sick of Mowbray now can we swap for next season? He had a worse squad than this when with us last and less money than Warnock but achieved the same. 

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I will be touching upon this on Monday nights BorofanTV show and it's coming from someone who has supported Warnock even recent times, but this squad is HIS SQUAD! 

We have been absolutely shocking in terms of performance, results and tactical decisions since January and he can't have excuses as he got the players he said he required to push us on.

Personally, I think he's had too many options to know what to do with and that's really poor imo.

I really worry about who we end up with in the summer and apart from Tav, Fry, Mcnair, Bola and Fisher I don't see any consistent performers who give us solid performances every week.

I think we're all just hoping that the occasion of fans being back allowed in the ground and giving Warnock the send off he deserves with his retirement pushes us onto the play offs but personally I now think there is going to be a a lot of disappointed fans next season when we fail to deliver again.

I like what he's done to the club at stabilizing us again after Woodgate season and giving something to get excited for a while over the course of the season within touching distance of the play offs but I am deeply concerned about next season.

Seriously though how does Bettinelli keep getting selected?

• Like 1

Good game.  We certainly deserved at least a point from it.  Warnock is rightly annoyed at the referee who ruined the game for us.

Just thought I'd get that in before the usual lunatics post the same thing.

• Haha 4
  • Downsouth changed the title to Barnsley v Boro 2-0