• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When? Saturday 10th April, 15:00 Where? Oakwell, somewhere in South Yorkshire So. Barnsley. Flat caps, whippets, ecky thump, eeh by gum tha's gonna be a reet tricky game.  Mai

Warnock is a manger/coach who won't admit that he's got it wrong bringing Bettinelli in, we al know the keepers wrong for us and nobodies convincing me the coaching staff don't know that either, stubb

It shouldn't read like it's coming from the MFC website though.  This is something I copied from there as well: 'The game wasn’t one for the purists. Barnsley’s assault on the play-off places has

Posted Images

Just now, DurhamRed said:

Is this really any better than Pulis 

I think there are significant differences between this and Pulis' teams. We still play the ball long but it was literally one player up top chasing everything under Pulis whilst 9 players plodded out from the edge of our box. I still remember that one where Hugill pulled that cross back and there wasn't a player within 20-30 yards of the box. You wouldn't have had the Watmore type player picking up the second balls or anything in a Pulis team, when the ball went up we had nobody close enough to win the second balls. Struggled to get one man in the box for crosses.

We're not playing central players out wide any more, even if we do sometimes play full-backs there. Dael Fry used to play right-back for us, George Saville used to play left wing. Have we ever done anything similar under Warnock yet? I can't remember, we've gone the opposite way once or twice with Bola fitting in at centre-back.

I still don't think we play attractive football by any sense of the imagination but Pulis was next-level shithousery.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Good game.  We certainly deserved at least a point from it.  Warnock is rightly annoyed at the referee who ruined the game for us.

Just thought I'd get that in before the usual lunatics post the same thing.

You forgot to say "we played some good stuff" 

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Seriously though how does Bettinelli keep getting selected?

This. It’s beyond belief at this stage

• Like 1

Well we got exactly what we deserved from this.

Toothless first half, followed by a comedy of errors 2nd half.

1 great save from Bettinelli, sandwiched between two howlers. For every good thing he does, he seems to make 2 or 3 glaring errors. Not acceptable at this level...he has to go.

Today our defence has to shoulder some of the blame as well. After looking comfortable for the first hour, our back line decided to go walkabout...which is the last thing you want with a dodgy keeper.

Again very lightweight going forward. Managed a grand total of 2 shots on target all game. Also unacceptable.

Would have been easier to swallow if Warnock had fielded an experimental / less experienced team...but this was a full strength starting XI.

Thats 90 minutes of my life I won't get back. We'd better have better showings than this in our remaining games.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think there are significant differences between this and Pulis' teams. We still play the ball long but it was literally one player up top chasing everything under Pulis whilst 9 players plodded out from the edge of our box. I still remember that one where Hugill pulled that cross back and there wasn't a player within 20-30 yards of the box. You wouldn't have had the Watmore type player picking up the second balls or anything in a Pulis team, when the ball went up we had nobody close enough to win the second balls. Struggled to get one man in the box for crosses.

We're not playing central players out wide any more, even if we do sometimes play full-backs there. Dael Fry used to play right-back for us, George Saville used to play left wing. Have we ever done anything similar under Warnock yet? I can't remember, we've gone the opposite way once or twice with Bola fitting in at centre-back.

I still don't think we play attractive football by any sense of the imagination but Pulis was next-level shithousery.

We were also better under Pulis.

• Like 1

Well on the plus side I only watched 30 mins of that.....on a serious note its completely gone now for promotion even past the most delusional fans dream Warnock send Britt away on holiday, Betenelli back to Fulham and put some kids on the bench give them their chance. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I will be touching upon this on Monday nights BorofanTV show and it's coming from someone who has supported Warnock even recent times, but this squad is HIS SQUAD! 

Where can you find this mate?

Right, so the positives today for me are that Sunderland lost and Hull and Peterborough won.

Automatic promotion is out of their hands, just need Hull and Peterborough to hold their nerves.

I have been a supporter of Warnock but that pantomime can't even be described as a performance. Tactically it was an absolute shambles which was more at home at Wimbledon and I mean the strawberries and cream variety not the Crazy Gang. A series of directionless hoofs and volleys underpinned by the only Keeper I have ever seen at a professional level who is terrified of catching a ball.  

There was no semblance of anything that I could identify as a base upon which to build. It isn't as bad as Pulis but it is equally ineffective and just as difficult to endure. I have literally no idea what is going through Warnock's mind, it isn't going with the lads who will be here next season and it isn't putting in place tactical foundations from which to build. If that is the future then it's time to go.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Barnsley v Boro 2-0