• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When? Saturday 10th April, 15:00 Where? Oakwell, somewhere in South Yorkshire So. Barnsley. Flat caps, whippets, ecky thump, eeh by gum tha's gonna be a reet tricky game.  Mai

Warnock is a manger/coach who won't admit that he's got it wrong bringing Bettinelli in, we al know the keepers wrong for us and nobodies convincing me the coaching staff don't know that either, stubb

It shouldn't read like it's coming from the MFC website though.  This is something I copied from there as well: 'The game wasn’t one for the purists. Barnsley’s assault on the play-off places has

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It shouldn't read like it's coming from the MFC website though.  This is something I copied from there as well:

'The game wasn’t one for the purists. Barnsley’s assault on the play-off places has been built on the most direct style of play in the Championship and they looked to go long at every opportunity with their midfield captain Alex Mowatt hooking forward the scraps.'

We have a more direct style than Barnsley do.  This is a fact.  We play a greater percentage of long passes per game than everyone in the Championship other than Rotherham and Wycombe.  Barnsley have played more short passes than us this season as well.  Again, only Rotherham and Wycombe have played fewer short passes in total than we have this season.  Barnsley even have a slightly higher possession percentage than us this season.  We've played the third lowest total of passes in the Championship this season, again only Rotherham and Wycombe are behind us.  We are one of the three most direct sides in the league.  I can understand the MFC official site trying to spin things but the Gazette should be better than that.  Grow a pair and start asking some relevant questions, try and direct some of them to Gibson as well, because he's the one who should be answering a few.

The Gazette sold its soul long ago. We all know the reasons why they don’t say the truth, even BBC Tees try and sugar coat what we’re being served up. I wonder what they would say about us if we were an opposing team and how the viewpoint would change. Damning statistics but they spout it out assuming people don’t watch the game to question it. 

• Like 1

We're currently on 4 points more than what we finished last season with with 5 games to go. With current form and performances, we could conceivably finished less than 10 points better off than the horrendous woodgate season. It's hardly the great turn around that it's being presented as by the media and club is it, considering out manager has made 12 signings since then. 

• Like 3

I hope this does not come across wrong as I have nerve wished any player to make an error in a boro shirt despite my views on his ability or lack of.

However, given we have lost and it was due to an error I am kind of happy the error is by Bettinelli. The reason being this..

He is not the type of keeper required to make a promotion push. He is far too inconsistent and regularly makes errors which seem to go unnoticed by media but not us. He has in my opinion managed to escape criticism this season when his unconvincing goalkeeping has deserved more of it.

Today his shaky nature is there for all to see and if this error is what brings an end to his stay here then its a blessing.  

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

We're currently on 4 points more than what we finished last season with with 5 games to go. With current form and performances, we could conceivably finished less than 10 points better off than the horrendous woodgate season. It's hardly the great turn around that it's being presented as by the media and club is it, considering out manager has made 12 signings since then. 

To be fair Warnock made the “Woodgate season” look better than it was points wise given he collected 12 out the 53pts we ended up with.

Woodgate left us on 41pts with 8 games left and staring relegation squarely in the face despite his deluded belief to this day he felt he would have saved us. 

I accept your point on NW though. I think season has fizzled out so be better to judge him when we got something to play for.

Just don't be mentioning the Woodgate season. Haha. My stomach still turns at the thought of us being in the 3rd tier. Horrific season. 

3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

There is absolutely no chance the gazette are going to question the club about anything. They are reduced to a mouthpiece of a professional club. 

I was thinking along similar lines but "mouthpiece" wasn't the word I had in mind 🙂

• Haha 1

I haven't been able to lurk as much lately and I haven't read this entire thread so forgive me if I'm wrong and Boro aren't a side going nowhere.

To be honest I didn't even look for the result until a few minutes ago, I was convinced Boro would be beaten so I just enjoyed the matches on Virgin.

Here's hoping next season will be something other than a relegation fight or mid table mediocrity.

24 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

The worrying aspect for me is Warnock brought in a lot of the players - none of whom is an unqualified success. Needs to change next time around - massively 

His premier League and last windows with Cardiff were not good either, and he spent a lot of money. 

Our most successful signing this season has been hall and he was signed under woodgate. 

There's no recent evidence to show that another summer dealings under this regime will improve anything 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

His premier League and last windows with Cardiff were not good either, and he spent a lot of money. 

Our most successful signing this season has been hall and he was signed under woodgate. 

There's no recent evidence to show that another summer dealings under this regime will improve anything 

Not true in my opinion, I think Morsy will prove to be a very good signing he is very much is the Leadbitter mould determined, dodged and not afraid to take one for the team, obviously with fresher legs because of his age compared to Leadbitter and Clayton were when they played that role.

I also think Watmore isnt bad for a free, I mean if we can sell him and make a 2-3 million we cant really complain about that considering we usually lose money when selling players off.  

• Like 1