oneBoro Forum

There were a few who thought NW extension was premature but give him longer then most other managers out of respect for keeping us up. Even buying into his excuses and defending his record blaming a lack of signings. But after 12 to 15 games in, some of us read more into it and started questioning his tactics and ability which very unfortunately have transpired to be utterly abysmal. 
I had stated a mid table finish, higher if he got his signings but my Lord I never ever expected to see such poor football by professional paid players. 

WHO! Do I blame, SG first, NW last. No one else is to blame but a manager, end of. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When? Saturday 10th April, 15:00 Where? Oakwell, somewhere in South Yorkshire So. Barnsley. Flat caps, whippets, ecky thump, eeh by gum tha's gonna be a reet tricky game.  Mai

Warnock is a manger/coach who won't admit that he's got it wrong bringing Bettinelli in, we al know the keepers wrong for us and nobodies convincing me the coaching staff don't know that either, stubb

It shouldn't read like it's coming from the MFC website though.  This is something I copied from there as well: 'The game wasn’t one for the purists. Barnsley’s assault on the play-off places has

Posted Images

3 hours ago, boro-unger said:

We need to start winning some games soon just to keep morale up and give the fans a bit of belief that we can do something next season. 

Hopefully Betinelli is gone by then and we can get another randolphesque signing who will win us a few points a season, rather than lose us them

From what we've been seeing lately there is no morale to keep up.

The players that know, or believe they're on their way out, won't care about results and the ones staying are either too depressed at the thought of another season under Warnock, or are just going through the motions waiting to see how the Summer pans out.

Team spirit and unity of purpose is built on a work ethic and style of play that everyone buys into. The players have to be invested in what the club & manager want to achieve and be prepared to work for the "long term" (even if that is only 2-3 seasons) to make that vision a reality.

Right now Boro have half a first team squad that will likely be gone in a month or two, with the rest wondering if its worth hanging on until NW goes and seeing if we bring a better manager in. From the outside at least, there is no obvious plan or vision for them to believe in and they may be being told to play in ways that don't suit their abilities.

So like most unhappy / demotivated workers, they're just clocking in, doing the bare minimum and cashing their paycheques.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

Just want to say. If you ever think 10 against 11 players is sure defeat, take a look at Leeds today. 

Thats the difference team spirit can make.

You get your players to really believe in what you're trying to do and develop a style of play they can all work to...and you can achieve great things.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Just want to say. If you ever think 10 against 11 players is sure defeat, take a look at Leeds today. 

We've been down to 10 men (wrongly) twice under Warnock, and won both games?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
7 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Thats the difference team spirit can make.

You get your players to really believe in what you're trying to do and develop a style of play they can all work to...and you can achieve great things.

Bielsa demands synergy from his players while Warnock seems to wallow in sympathy, the resultant effects are becoming very obvious over time. 

• Like 2

Could the first goal be classed as an own goal as it seemed Bet pushed or parried the ball into the corner of the net?

As far as the second is concerned his stopping ability and retaining the ball has cost us quite a few times, very poor aspect of his play.

2 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Who's worse Guzan or Bettinelli?

Neither of them should ever have been allowed to join us. You could argue the relative demerits of both until you sank into a stupor of depression, but ultimately, they're both emblematic of MFC's abysmal recruitment policy in recent years. And that extends to managers, too.

I was supportive of Warnock's appointment as a way of avoiding the wastelands of League One, and I hoped with time he could build team spirit and make our squad greater than the modest sum of its parts. Instead, the opposite has happened. Team spirit has evaporated and the team is woefully underperforming. What's the point even bothering about the last five games? The entire club is on the beach already.

I can't see Warnock leaving, and even if he did, I suspect we'd replace him with Bruce or one of the other merry-go-round of managerial dinosaurs who think dour pragmatism is the only way to not fail. I won't call it success. That appears to be the height of our ambition these days - not being relegated from the Championship.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Could the first goal be classed as an own goal as it seemed Bet pushed or parried the ball into the corner of the net?

As far as the second is concerned his stopping ability and retaining the ball has cost us quite a few times, very poor aspect of his play.

I don't think it really matters either way about the first goal.

The replays I saw were side on, from a bit of a distance and not focused enough for me to tell if he got a hand to the ball. But trying to push / jump over the players in front of him, who were already jostling each other, was just idiotic.

As I say quite often, I'm no football expert, but it seemed obvious even to me that he should have just let them get on with it and keep a bit of distance. Hang near the back post to give himself an extra half second or so to see the ball if it got over them.

The second goal, his handling was feeble in the extreme, not being able to pick up the ball as it trickled towards him. Led to Barnsley setting up the next attack which led to the second goal.

I'd say Marcus is partly to blame for spilling the initial effort, but our defence must share the blame for leaving Mowatt completely unmarked for his free header. It was a good 'un and I don't think Bettinelli had much chance of stopping it.

37 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Neither of them should ever have been allowed to join us. You could argue the relative demerits of both until you sank into a stupor of depression, but ultimately, they're both emblematic of MFC's abysmal recruitment policy in recent years. And that extends to managers, too.

I was supportive of Warnock's appointment as a way of avoiding the wastelands of League One, and I hoped with time he could build team spirit and make our squad greater than the modest sum of its parts. Instead, the opposite has happened. Team spirit has evaporated and the team is woefully underperforming. What's the point even bothering about the last five games? The entire club is on the beach already.

I can't see Warnock leaving, and even if he did, I suspect we'd replace him with Bruce or one of the other merry-go-round of managerial dinosaurs who think dour pragmatism is the only way to not fail. I won't call it success. That appears to be the height of our ambition these days - not being relegated from the Championship.

Well with football in its current state, thats not a bad thing to aim for.

While I'm certainly not thrilled at the prospect of another season with Warnock at the helm, I can understand Gibson's thinking. He's a relatively safe pair of hands who'll deliver mid-table security until the club is in a position to start being more ambitious.

Though I'll be happy if next season is his last.

I wonder if there is more to the reasons that Danny Coyne left as goalkeeping coach. Was he pointing out the obvious and looking for a change of goalkeeper?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1