• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When? Saturday 10th April, 15:00 Where? Oakwell, somewhere in South Yorkshire So. Barnsley. Flat caps, whippets, ecky thump, eeh by gum tha's gonna be a reet tricky game.  Mai

Warnock is a manger/coach who won't admit that he's got it wrong bringing Bettinelli in, we al know the keepers wrong for us and nobodies convincing me the coaching staff don't know that either, stubb

It shouldn't read like it's coming from the MFC website though.  This is something I copied from there as well: 'The game wasn’t one for the purists. Barnsley’s assault on the play-off places has

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, HolgateBoy said:

Ben Amos and John Ruddy both available on a free this summer. Would either of those two be worth a look?

Ben Amos has never convinced at this level as a no.1 and I would be looking at someone better than him.

John Ruddy is one of several keepers that should be on our list. My only concern is he has played next to little football in 3 yrs and given he is 35 in Oct I am not sure how much that level of inactivity will have impacted on him. That said he should definitely be on our list of possible GK targets.

25 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

John Ruddy is one of several keepers that should be on our list. My only concern is he has played next to little football in 3 yrs and given he is 35 in Oct I am not sure how much that level of inactivity will have impacted on him. That said he should definitely be on our list of possible GK targets.

Agree with all that, we should be looking at him, but I to also have concerns about the lack of gametime. Pretty sure in the Wolves promotion season he looked fairly solid, I know he was behind a very good defence, but I don't recall him costing Wolves any points due to errors.

There is a big part of me that thinks we should give Stojanovic a crack at being No.1, then if he's not upto it, we have someone in the ilk of Ruddy waiting to step in. It would seem a waste of wages/transfer fee if we just bomb Stojanovic out without much of a chance, especially considering how well the other Woodgate era signings have panned out (Dijksteel, Bola and to a lesser extent Browne).

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

If you have a look at “Bettenelli” on Twitter and then click on the videos, you’ll see that crosses have always been a weak point for him. Again, you have to question the scouting team on bringing him in. For a team that sets up to deal with crosses into the box, how has someone not raised the question if he is the right fit for us based on watching his highlights? 

That then raises a further question, IF we were aware of his short comings in coming to claim crosses, what the hell have we been doing in training to make him better at this? He literally has made no progress since being with us. I don’t think he is a good goal keeper, but I am certain that on some level the coaching and scouting team aren’t doing their jobs properly or well. 

Did Warnock really say that Bettenelli was his number one keeper? Or is it the only keeper we could agree to come to us? See similar for Akpom. 

We sign players who don’t even suit how we play and it’s another season wasted. 

am I being too critical or is it just me who is seeing Groundhog Day over and over and over again. 

Nope - quite a few of us (me included) have been wondering about our recruitment policy for a while. Both in terms of players AND coaches.

I've been asking for quite a while just what the hell the coaching staff actually do with our squad in training, because god knows they never seem to show any improvement. They only seem to get worse, if anything.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I seem to recall the YouTube video's of Stojanovic when we signed him showed a big strong Keeper coming out for crosses and punching them well clear, taking out defenders and attackers around him in the process or do I just have selective recall?

If this highlights reel is anything to go by, you're not far wrong...

He was also pretty handy for St Gallen as well a few seasons back...

His timing, positioning and general reading of the game are light years ahead of Bettinelli's. Then factor in his shot stopping and distribution...

True he does have a tendency to parry a lot of shots, which can still get defences in trouble. But I'd still take him in a heartbeat over MB.

What on Earth was Warnock smoking when he decided to ditch this guy for Bettinelli?

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

If this highlights reel is anything to go by, you're not far wrong...

He was also pretty handy for St Gallen as well a few seasons back...

His timing, positioning and general reading of the game are light years ahead of Bettinelli's. Then factor in his shot stopping and distribution...

True he does have a tendency to parry a lot of shots, which can still get defences in trouble. But I'd still take him in a heartbeat over MB.

What on Earth was Warnock smoking when he decided to ditch this guy for Bettinelli?

Warnock is a manger/coach who won't admit that he's got it wrong bringing Bettinelli in, we al know the keepers wrong for us and nobodies convincing me the coaching staff don't know that either, stubborn pig headedness that's cost us points and goals, its  simply poor management. 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

He was also rollicking his defenders in that clip so the fact that he seemingly can communicate as well as save shots and come out for crosses in a packed box leaves me stunned at who thought Bettinelli was an upgrade. I would be more than happy with him between the sticks next season.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Changing Times 🙌

Stop that Anthony. You have already had a go at me on this thread. Love Dom 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Nice assassination piece by the Gazette there (with Gibbo's blessing, no doubt.)

Still expect Bettinelli to start against QPR though, as Warnock will never, ever admit he's got it wrong.

I fully expect him to keep playing pretty much the same team until the end of the season, unless injuries or formation changes dictate otherwise. ☹️