• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When? Saturday 10th April, 15:00 Where? Oakwell, somewhere in South Yorkshire So. Barnsley. Flat caps, whippets, ecky thump, eeh by gum tha's gonna be a reet tricky game.  Mai

Warnock is a manger/coach who won't admit that he's got it wrong bringing Bettinelli in, we al know the keepers wrong for us and nobodies convincing me the coaching staff don't know that either, stubb

It shouldn't read like it's coming from the MFC website though.  This is something I copied from there as well: 'The game wasn’t one for the purists. Barnsley’s assault on the play-off places has

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I am well aware.

That's not my argument, my argument is that Barnsley are not playing more "football" than us.

They're an even more direct side than us, and fair play to them.

Well the match stats do say they have been more accurate in their passing and more active in attacking play. Long ball stats are pretty similar.

Just based on what I saw I'd say we're not too different.

I haven't noticed Mowatt do much today, again. Still not entirely sure what makes people want him, what would he offer our team that's different to what we've got?

Difficult to tell what any of these players are good for today to be fair, the ball has spent so much time in the sky.

• Like 1

I'm not watching or listening to the game, but it's obvious we're not winning purely because of Spence. If his dad had worn a condom 21 years ago, we'd be winning by three clear goals, or something. And that's a fact.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Does Akpom ever move for these balls fizzed across the box?

That was a great chance from Watmore.

To be fair I thought Watmore was caught in two minds and didn’t quite play the pass the way he could have. I wasn’t sure if it was just a shot that wasn’t so well hit with his weaker foot?

Just now, thomas said:

Hi Guys, how's it gone so far? just tuned in as went for a long run and just got back?

Spence is the root of all that ails us. He's so bad, someone needs to write a symphonic metal song about him. Otherwise, nothing to report.

1 minute ago, thomas said:

Hi Guys, how's it gone so far? just tuned in as went for a long run and just got back?

It’s been a terrible game of football but we started the second half with a bit more oomph at least. 

2 minutes ago, thomas said:

Scrappy game, ball is spending most of the match in the air, we're the better team and fairly comfortable, but our half chances haven't been utilised.

Neither keeper has really had to work.

• Downsouth changed the title to Barnsley v Boro 2-0