oneBoro Forum

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We were also better under Pulis.

If I was Woodgate, I'd say the table was lyin' in 17/18 and 18/19.

You're right, though. As it stands, regardless of whether we're better or worse for 'entertainment value' or however you want to put it, he got us in the play-offs and finished just outside them on another occasion with quite a similar squad to what Warnock has right now. I still see this season as a failure from Warnock and probably shouldn't be in charge for next but there you go.

• Like 2
  • Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When? Saturday 10th April, 15:00 Where? Oakwell, somewhere in South Yorkshire So. Barnsley. Flat caps, whippets, ecky thump, eeh by gum tha's gonna be a reet tricky game.  Mai

Warnock is a manger/coach who won't admit that he's got it wrong bringing Bettinelli in, we al know the keepers wrong for us and nobodies convincing me the coaching staff don't know that either, stubb

It shouldn't read like it's coming from the MFC website though.  This is something I copied from there as well: 'The game wasn’t one for the purists. Barnsley’s assault on the play-off places has

Posted Images

In true Yorkshire terms "what a load of old tripe that was"

We are regressing before our own eyes and to have loanee players and out of contract players tring to save our blushes says it all.

Britt and Fletch hardly a touch between them and Betenelli having another mare and Warnock seemingly clueless about what to do does not bode well.

Ok I know we are missing players but really is this what we have to expect from professional players?

Rant over

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Barnsley v Boro 2-0

Think the players have wrapped. Nothing to play for. Many of them know they’re off in a few weeks. 
gonna be a painful plod to the end of the season. 

Didnt watch today's game as a trial run for next season when I will not be spending a penny on Boro till Warnock is gone. It only comes to about 250 quid a year but hopefully I won't be the only one so it gets noticed. Had a lovely afternoon though, very stress free!

40 minutes ago, Blanco said:

This. It’s beyond belief at this stage

Can only think Archer cant kick or catch a ball (sounds familiar) or CT is correct in that he is contracted to play every game one wonders f he got injured

Ive been a big fan of Warnock since he arrived but these last few displays have been unacceptable.Wonder whats the excuses today- Match officials? Opposition Strikers were better than ours? Grass too long? Grass too short? Wind blowing in the wrong direction? Changing Rooms not up to standard? Gets tiresome.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I know not everyone loves stats as much as me but a 41% passing accuracy is appalling over 90 mins.

Well to be fair not a bad stat for balls that were in the air and mainly headed

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Didnt watch today's game as a trial run for next season when I will not be spending a penny on Boro till Warnock is gone. It only comes to about 250 quid a year but hopefully I won't be the only one so it gets noticed. Had a lovely afternoon though, very stress free!

Lol but knowing the result soon spoilt that!

51 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I like what he's done to the club at stabilizing us again after Woodgate season and giving something to get excited for a while over the course of the season within touching distance of the play offs but I am deeply concerned about next season.

Just like Pulis next season is one too many. He should be commended for somewhat stabilizing us but he should leave now. Next season is going to further ruin his reputation amongst boro fans as it’s not going to change much on the pitch. For the record I think he’s been very bad for us after saving us. The squad hasn’t improved and we’re again a very negative and poor side playing 1980s style football in 2021. Just get out. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Ive been a big fan of Warnock since he arrived but these last few displays have been unacceptable.Wonder whats the excuses today- Match officials? Opposition Strikers were better than ours? Grass too long? Grass too short? Wind blowing in the wrong direction? Changing Rooms not up to standard? Gets tiresome.

There's a ready made excuse today though.

Terrible goalkeeping and defending gifted them two goals, we were better than them before that needless corner and embarrassing keeping.

Doesn't change the fact we may as well not have came out in the second half though.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I know not everyone loves stats as much as me but a 41% passing accuracy is appalling over 90 mins.

I wouldn’t really be surprised if that’s about the average of teams throughout Warnocks managerial career.