oneBoro Forum

12 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Can only think Archer cant kick or catch a ball (sounds familiar) or CT is correct in that he is contracted to play every game one wonders f he got injured

If he is contracted to play every game we should be suing Fulham for 100m for deliberately ruining any chance we had of getting promotion 

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When? Saturday 10th April, 15:00 Where? Oakwell, somewhere in South Yorkshire So. Barnsley. Flat caps, whippets, ecky thump, eeh by gum tha's gonna be a reet tricky game.  Mai

Warnock is a manger/coach who won't admit that he's got it wrong bringing Bettinelli in, we al know the keepers wrong for us and nobodies convincing me the coaching staff don't know that either, stubb

It shouldn't read like it's coming from the MFC website though.  This is something I copied from there as well: 'The game wasn’t one for the purists. Barnsley’s assault on the play-off places has

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I know not everyone loves stats as much as me but a 41% passing accuracy is appalling over 90 mins.

Apparently that was Howson's personal stat today and Warnock has just said he was man of the match. I barely remember him even being on the pitch?

• Haha 1
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Apparently that was Howson's personal stat today and Warnock has just said he was man of the match. I barely remember him even being on the pitch?

Howson was man of the match? 🤣

19 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

What has really annoyed me over the last few games is that the post count has come down by a fair degree because of the way or lack of how we play

True, and sad. But honestly, what is there to say? We're abysmal to watch, there's no fun to be had, and fans are giving up on the team. I chose to clean the toilets this afternoon rather than listen to the game or watch a stream, and in doing so, I saw a lot less s***e.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Why can't we play Archer or was he just been given a wage to do nothing for 6 months give him a chance 

We should be giving Sol Brynn 5 games to impress, could have him as back up next season if he does well.

• Like 1

We need to start winning some games soon just to keep morale up and give the fans a bit of belief that we can do something next season. 

Hopefully Betinelli is gone by then and we can get another randolphesque signing who will win us a few points a season, rather than lose us them

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

We should be giving Sol Brynn 5 games to impress, could have him as back up next season if he does well.

Could give another manager 5 games to impress while we're at it 🙂

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

If we are looking for someone to impress (more than Bettenelli anyways) we should try this guy 

image.gif.0ef2989d14bc46d38f2fcb8b222666a5.gif

2 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

We need to start winning some games soon just to keep morale up and give the fans a bit of belief that we can do something next season. 

Hopefully Betinelli is gone by then and we can get another randolphesque signing who will win us a few points a season, rather than lose us them

I think more than Bettinelli needs to be gone before the start of next season.

Based on our performances since January I think Retirement beckons or at least it should be before it turns ugly with fans hopefully returning to the Riverside (Covid permitting) next season. Warnock can go knowing he kept us up but it is very clear that his tank is now reading empty with even the fumes gone.

I believe Dom Shaw reads this forum or possibly even posts on here?  Just read your match related stuff mate.  We played more long balls than Barnsley did today.  We tend to play more than most of the teams we play against, even other direct sides like Barnsley.  Howson, who you gave a 6 to with the comment that he spent most of the game looking up at the ball floating over midfield, played more long balls than any outfield player on either team.  The only two players who played more were the goalkeepers.  If we can't rely on journalists to provide some accuracy then you are really nothing more than an echo chamber for the club.  Something about knowing which side your bread is buttered I guess.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

If we can't rely on journalists to provide some accuracy then you are really nothing more than an echo chamber for the club.

We've know for a little while they are in the clubs pocket a bit. Think they are towing the line more than anything, especially after the banning of the reporters and the public spat between them and club over Britt's transfer fee.

6 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

We've know for a little while they are in the clubs pocket a bit. Think they are towing the line more than anything, especially after the banning of the reporters and the public spat between them and club over Britt's transfer fee.

It shouldn't read like it's coming from the MFC website though.  This is something I copied from there as well:

'The game wasn’t one for the purists. Barnsley’s assault on the play-off places has been built on the most direct style of play in the Championship and they looked to go long at every opportunity with their midfield captain Alex Mowatt hooking forward the scraps.'

We have a more direct style than Barnsley do.  This is a fact.  We play a greater percentage of long passes per game than everyone in the Championship other than Rotherham and Wycombe.  Barnsley have played more short passes than us this season as well.  Again, only Rotherham and Wycombe have played fewer short passes in total than we have this season.  Barnsley even have a slightly higher possession percentage than us this season.  We've played the third lowest total of passes in the Championship this season, again only Rotherham and Wycombe are behind us.  We are one of the three most direct sides in the league.  I can understand the MFC official site trying to spin things but the Gazette should be better than that.  Grow a pair and start asking some relevant questions, try and direct some of them to Gibson as well, because he's the one who should be answering a few.

• Like 6

SIGH. 

After all we’ve been through post Karanka, how can Gibson watch this type of football of his home town team and think, “yep, this is what I envisage the boro playing like”. The club and Gibson have learnt NOTHING from appointing a past it journey man like Pulis to now still persevering with Warnock. 

The football is horrid and are NW’s tactics that impressive that we HAVE to play that way? Couldn’t we find a different approach which is actually dare I say, entertaining?

Fair enough when he saved us from being relegated. He made us solid and organised which is something we weren’t under Woodgate. But I really have to question now the direction for the next season. IF (which looks likely) we give Warnock a transfer fund for the summer, what do we do to all those players when it doesn’t work and Warnock leaves? Is this style of football going to be liked at boro?

A great point who ever made it earlier about this is his team. He has brought in  from today’s starting 11, Betenelli, Hall, Fisher, Kebano, Watmore, Akpom and Bolasie as a sub. I’m sorry but the wool isn’t being pulled over my eyes Neil. 

I sympathise that you’ve got players who are leaving, but we were hardly pulling up trees before they made their decisions. 

I really want us to just hold our hands up and thank Neil Warnock from saving us from relegation and for having a go this season, but I have absolutely 0 interest in watching any more games with him in charge. Get in a different manager with a clean slate and play some attractive and passing football. I’m willing to wait 3  seasons before judgement, but I am absolutely done with more short sighted and short term pragmatism football, based off has beens who play Dino football and then pretend we play well.

• Like 4