oneBoro Forum

There are two things a competent goalkeeper does not permit one is goals at his near post and the other is direct from corners.  Our current "favourite" goal keeper has committed the first cardinal sin on several occasions and now the second.

I'd like to say not catching the ball is the third but I don't think any goalkeeper would pass that test

Would Archer be any better ?

....or Brynn ?

• Like 1
  • Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When? Saturday 10th April, 15:00 Where? Oakwell, somewhere in South Yorkshire So. Barnsley. Flat caps, whippets, ecky thump, eeh by gum tha's gonna be a reet tricky game.  Mai

Warnock is a manger/coach who won't admit that he's got it wrong bringing Bettinelli in, we al know the keepers wrong for us and nobodies convincing me the coaching staff don't know that either, stubb

It shouldn't read like it's coming from the MFC website though.  This is something I copied from there as well: 'The game wasn’t one for the purists. Barnsley’s assault on the play-off places has

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I wonder if there is more to the reasons that Danny Coyne left as goalkeeping coach. Was he pointing out the obvious and looking for a change of goalkeeper?

I'm guessing that either he is carrying the can for us having a Goalkeeper totally unfit for purpose or for pointing out the obvious and expressed an unpopular but honest opinion along the lines of "what on earth am I supposed to do with that"?

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Rishworthian said:

Would Archer be any better ?

Archer's reputation prior to joining us would say not (which questions why we brought him in) but I honestly can't believe that he could possibly be any worse than Bettinelli. With the few remaining games I would give Brynn a run for the experience and who knows he may even excel. Absolutely nothing to lose and the old "sprained back in training" can be used to mask any embarrassment to explain why.

• Like 3

Agree with whats been said. In last 5 games just give those you are unsure of a chance. Albeit NW has said he pretty much made his mind up as to who he wants and does not want.

However that said just play Brynn, Coulson, NML and Chuba etc for next 5 games. Start them every game and that way no can whinge they not been given a fair crack of whip. If you dont impress against our 5 opponents chances are you wont impress at all

• Like 4

If you have a look at “Bettenelli” on Twitter and then click on the videos, you’ll see that crosses have always been a weak point for him. Again, you have to question the scouting team on bringing him in. For a team that sets up to deal with crosses into the box, how has someone not raised the question if he is the right fit for us based on watching his highlights? 

That then raises a further question, IF we were aware of his short comings in coming to claim crosses, what the hell have we been doing in training to make him better at this? He literally has made no progress since being with us. I don’t think he is a good goal keeper, but I am certain that on some level the coaching and scouting team aren’t doing their jobs properly or well. 

Did Warnock really say that Bettenelli was his number one keeper? Or is it the only keeper we could agree to come to us? See similar for Akpom. 

We sign players who don’t even suit how we play and it’s another season wasted. 

am I being too critical or is it just me who is seeing Groundhog Day over and over and over again. 

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Downsouth said:

What has really annoyed me over the last few games is that the post count has come down by a fair degree because of the way or lack of how we play

I think the apathy has set in from top to bottom. If we play this badly next season the post count will return but will be more directed towards Warnock. He has been throwing the strikers under the bus, then claims the whole squad needs strengthening. Certainly has an air of scrambling around for a solution.

Some more of the youths have been added to first team training and expensive players are now out of contract, giving us some wiggle in wages. We must enter the season with the team how he wants it or just sack him and give it to another project as he has no longevity and we dont want his squad as the base for the next manager unless we have prem millions.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

If you have a look at “Bettenelli” on Twitter and then click on the videos, you’ll see that crosses have always been a weak point for him. Again, you have to question the scouting team on bringing him in. For a team that sets up to deal with crosses into the box, how has someone not raised the question if he is the right fit for us based on watching his highlights? 

That then raises a further question, IF we were aware of his short comings in coming to claim crosses, what the hell have we been doing in training to make him better at this? He literally has made no progress since being with us. I don’t think he is a good goal keeper, but I am certain that on some level the coaching and scouting team aren’t doing their jobs properly or well. 

Did Warnock really say that Bettenelli was his number one keeper? Or is it the only keeper we could agree to come to us? See similar for Akpom. 

We sign players who don’t even suit how we play and it’s another season wasted. 

am I being too critical or is it just me who is seeing Groundhog Day over and over and over again. 

When we played Birmingham he said he did look at Etheridge of Cardiff but he would cost a couple of million. He has a shocker v us but think he been very good for Birmingham of late. His biggest compliment for Bettinelli was that he was a “talker”.

Probs unlikely but i would love to see if Tom Heaton available at Villa. Think his ability, leadership and experience would be great and he got next to no chance of game time at Villa ahead of Martinez.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Blanco said:

But that doesn’t suit the agenda of the boo boys @TeaCider24

Boo boys, probably the most childish comment ever coined by man to depict a person that does not align to ones own opinions despite historical and analytic data proving otherwise. Much like other titles designed to discredit a reputation of those that challenges or debates a sensitive subjects .  

• Like 1

I seem to recall the YouTube video's of Stojanovic when we signed him showed a big strong Keeper coming out for crosses and punching them well clear, taking out defenders and attackers around him in the process or do I just have selective recall?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Boo boys, probably the most childish comment ever coined by man to depict a person that does not align to ones own opinions despite historical and analytic data proving otherwise. Much like other titles designed to discredit a reputation of those that challenges or debates a sensitive subjects .  

That’s a fair point @sanddancerand I will take it on board. From now on I will be more specific about which negative, anti Boro, never anything good to say type of fan that I am referring to 👍

• Thanks 1

Stojanovic had similar issues to Bettinelli with parrying everything in to dangerous areas.

But I don't think you can discount the fact he's still on our books and a ready made replacement for Bettinelli, unless we can convince St. Pauli to buy him.

He can't have a worse season than Bettinelli has though.