• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When? Saturday 10th April, 15:00 Where? Oakwell, somewhere in South Yorkshire So. Barnsley. Flat caps, whippets, ecky thump, eeh by gum tha's gonna be a reet tricky game.  Mai

Warnock is a manger/coach who won't admit that he's got it wrong bringing Bettinelli in, we al know the keepers wrong for us and nobodies convincing me the coaching staff don't know that either, stubb

It shouldn't read like it's coming from the MFC website though.  This is something I copied from there as well: 'The game wasn’t one for the purists. Barnsley’s assault on the play-off places has

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

How will we shape up?

4-2-3-1? Or do we think Watmore will be playing alongside Akpom?

Either way, I hope we don't go back to Watmore out wide. Kebano left, Spence right, Watmore working around Akpom. Best I can see that team playing out.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Either way, I hope we don't go back to Watmore out wide. Kebano left, Spence right, Watmore working around Akpom. Best I can see that team playing out.

I'm hoping for the later of my two. From what I have seen of Watmore, I think he plays best off or with a striker. I think him having space to drift wide helps our overall attacking play as he drags players with him. When he starts off out wide and cuts in I don't think he's as effective. 

59 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

Going to miss the game today for the first time all season. I’ve accepted our season is over and don’t want to pay £10 to watch another tepid performance. Hopefully a big Boro win and I will be rueing my decision! 

I've only paid for two games this season and both were absolutely dreadful games for us, so I'm sticking to the radio today!

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

With those players that’s the only way I can see it. Or at least how it should be. But Spence as a winger when you have Bolasie on the bench🙄 let alone Spence as a winger to start with. I expect it to be some sort of weird defensive hoofball system with no real plan. 

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

With those players that’s the only way I can see it. Or at least how it should be. But Spence as a winger when you have Bolasie on the bench🙄 let alone Spence as a winger to start with. I expect it to be some sort of weird defensive hoofball system with no real plan. 

Spence is at least gonna be here next season, though. Bolasie, perhaps not.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I think with Spence he's using these last few games to see if he can be effective as a winger and someone he wants here next season

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mj south said:

I think with Spence he's using these last few games to see if he can be effective as a winger and someone he wants here next season

He won’t ever be effective as a winger in my opinion. He can’t shoot, can’t pass, awful decision making, can’t control the ball. What is he genuinely good at? What has he shown this season? He has pace but never even uses his pace to beat a man. He prefers to attempt a ball roll and fall over.

• Like 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to Barnsley v Boro 2-0