oneBoro Forum

Boro V QPR 1-2 (Bolasie)

3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Since January, we've been more mid-table than relegation form. Whether you take that as being from the start or end of January, we're either in 12th or 15th, 5-8 points from the relegation zones , 9-10 points from the play-offs. We've definitely got worse since that time but it's not nearly as significant as relegation form, relative to the rest of the teams in the division.

We've had 17 points from 14 games since January. 3rd bottom is exactly on 1 point per game. So we're really not far off.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just because Norwich have got promoted again under the same manager doesn't change that sacking Karanka was the right call that, if anything, was made too late. The atmosphere Farke has had throughout

All-seater stadium? Bloody luxury! When I were a lad we had to sit on cold concrete steps and be grateful! 30k crowds for Premier League fixtures? I remember when Boro played in front of two blok

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

We've had 17 points from 14 games since January. 3rd bottom is exactly on 1 point per game. So we're really not far off.

But there'd still be at least 6 teams between us and relegation even if you take it from the end of January and really not a hugely significant difference between the gap to 6th vs. the gap to 21st. It's midtable form.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

But there'd still be at least 6 teams between us and relegation even if you take it from the end of January and really not a hugely significant difference between the gap to 6th vs. the gap to 21st. It's midtable form.

We'd be one loss for us and one win for the 22nd placed team away from being on the same points as them. That's a relegation battle.

• Haha 1

Nothing game I only hope he gives the kids a shot too see what they can do maybe go for something like this......

.....................Brynn.........................

Spence....Fry....Hall............Coulson

..........................Morsy..........................

Folarin............Kebano.............Johnson

..............Coburn......Watmore..................

Just have a go, this is defiantly not the game to hold back in, if it ends up 4-4 or something like that so be it. Give the fans the entertainment value that's really been missing recently. 

18 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

We'd be one loss for us and one win for the 22nd placed team away from being on the same points as them. That's a relegation battle.

And that completely ignores the existence of the other 6 teams between us and them. If any of the other 6 teams lose, they'd still be below us. You're talking about a relegation battle beginning after 18 or so games essentially including the entire bottom half of the league and deciding we're in the thick of it.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

And that completely ignores the existence of the other 6 teams between us and them. If any of the other 6 teams lose, they'd still be below us. You're talking about a relegation battle beginning after 18 or so games essentially including the entire bottom half of the league and deciding we're in the thick of it.

We would be mate. If we're within 3 points of the relegation zone were in a relegation battle. In 10 or 15 more games we might not be. But at that point we are.

• Haha 1

Massive 6 pointer to see who gets to finish in the coveted top of mid table spot!

Hate games like this where the season has fizzled out early. If we play really well, I'll be annoyed we didn't play like that when we had a chance, and if we play poorly, I'll be annoyed that we played poorly...

Id certainly like to see some of the young lads given a chance. Brynn in goal and Coulson in no 10 if Warnock thinks he might work there. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Massive 6 pointer to see who gets to finish in the coveted top of mid table spot!

Hate games like this where the season has fizzled out early. If we play really well, I'll be annoyed we didn't play like that when we had a chance, and if we play poorly, I'll be annoyed that we played poorly...

Id certainly like to see some of the young lads given a chance. Brynn in goal and Coulson in no 10 if Warnock thinks he might work there. 

Have to agree with you BU now the pressure is off from really trying to push on we can now relax in the knowledge that nothing really matters so I expect a good Boro win today.

Battle for top ten position come end of season is now on!

If we were not still weak in defence I would be tempted to use Bola in a strikers role or as far forward as possible

• Like 1

Does anyone think we'd be a more appealing proposition to a prospective signing if we finished 8th rather than 12th? I know it's a low priority compared to wages, contract length, etc, but I do wonder if missing out on the playoffs by a smaller amount infers a greater prospect of getting into them next season.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Does anyone think we'd be a more appealing proposition to a prospective signing if we finished 8th rather than 12th? I know it's a low priority compared to wages, contract length, etc, but I do wonder if missing out on the playoffs by a smaller amount infers a greater prospect of getting into them next season.

As a fan I want to finish as high up the table as possible would have preferred 7th spot so to be the best of the rest so to speak but that needs progression and not regression as 2021 has shown so far!

In answer to your questions the "players" who Warnock will sign before start of season will not be bothered whatsoever because we will only get what we will get!

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Appreciate the OP, but really....who cares about this game, or any of the remaining games this season?

I haven't missed a game this season so far, but I was questioning watching the rest of them. I might if some of the young lads were involved to see what they are like. But I don't know if i want to watch the same old gutless, rubbish players for the remaining games. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro V QPR 1-2 (Bolasie)