oneBoro Forum

Boro V QPR 1-2 (Bolasie)

3 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Given our recognised strikers haven't exactly set the scoring charts alight, is it really that big a deal?

Anyway, depressed at how correct I was about the starting XI. Barring Archer its exactly the same as usual. Only other surprise is seeing Spence starting as a winger / wide forward.

Everything looks set for an utter snore-fest.

Yeah, it would be shocking to go 22 games without a striker scoring.

Why is it a surprise that Spence is starting as a forward? He's played virtually every game as one under Warnock.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just because Norwich have got promoted again under the same manager doesn't change that sacking Karanka was the right call that, if anything, was made too late. The atmosphere Farke has had throughout

All-seater stadium? Bloody luxury! When I were a lad we had to sit on cold concrete steps and be grateful! 30k crowds for Premier League fixtures? I remember when Boro played in front of two blok

Posted Images

Just now, Blanco said:

Expecting a win today. Hopefully Archer will do well. Would like to see Coburn getting a run out in the second half 

Warnock said he'd like to give him half an hour, lets hope he's a man of his word!

Just now, HolgateBoy said:

Warnock said he'd like to give him half an hour, lets hope he's a man of his word!

Agreed. Here’s hoping 

5 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Glad to see Bettinelli dropped - hopefully forever - but Archer has a poor rep as well. Would have much preferred to see Brynn being given some first team experience, but at least it's (very) belated acknowledgement of our goalkeeping failures in recent months.

I think Brynn is a known quantity in terms of he has great potential but Archer is perhaps viewed as a Mejias type back up to a No.1 Keeper. Happy to sit on the bench, but is he good enough to be trusted so I'm guessing Warnock is thinking give him a chance to earn a contract.

I'd be happy to start next season with Stojanovic as No.1, Brynn out on loan and a cheap but experienced back up which Archer could be. Having said that his previous reputation doesn't fill me with great hope but lets face it Archer couldn't possibly be worse than Bettinelli. Dimi wasn't exactly a confidence building choice but he took his chance and nailed it, let's hope Archer can put his past behind him and be a late bloomer.

55 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

No surprise that he was dropped, hope Archer doesn't do an Archer today.

Nice to see that Bettinelli can be dropped and archer given a chance....surely it cant be any worse than Bettinelli performances, disappointed with no kids starting mind and the defensive formation.......i mean just why 5 at the back when theres nothing at stake. 

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Not a great start, they look dangerous and more up for it

Warnock went defensive, they've made an attacking line up. What exactly did we expect? 

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro V QPR 1-2 (Bolasie)