oneBoro Forum

Boro V QPR 1-2 (Bolasie)

3 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

And yet the noise coming from the club suggests we’re targeting promotion next year. Is that just a misleading ploy from the club to increase season ticket sales? I’m not convinced it is. I genuinely believe Warnock is here to try and get us up - I don’t think he’d have come all the way up here to take us to midtable obscurity.

But based on what we've seen this season...and assuming we're not suddenly able to assemble a Championship All-Star squad, do you think we have a cat in hell's chance of even making the play-offs?

There's been plenty of misleading noise from the club in the past. This is something I'll have to see before I believe it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just because Norwich have got promoted again under the same manager doesn't change that sacking Karanka was the right call that, if anything, was made too late. The atmosphere Farke has had throughout

All-seater stadium? Bloody luxury! When I were a lad we had to sit on cold concrete steps and be grateful! 30k crowds for Premier League fixtures? I remember when Boro played in front of two blok

Posted Images

Oh and to take a moment to be a little positive about today, we did create enough chances to win the game despite the general crap game that it was. Bolasie should score from Watmore's pull-back, Lumley made two incredible saves from Saville and what looked like a nick off Barbet and I'm not overly sure about the law but I think it's daft that Bolasie isn't given his goal from when their keeper got sent off. There's surely still an advantage whilst there's an open goal to put the ball into.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Those in defence of Warnock believe that he'll be backed this summer, and if he is, he'll take us up. I believe he should have put this team in the play-offs this season but then I know generally those that continue to back him now aren't of the same mind, they think he's done the best he can and that mid-table was best we could hope for.

But he's now saying the job in the summer is even bigger than he first mentioned, spreading our resources even thinner across the board. After the last few years, who on here is convinced that Warnock gets the entire squad he wants this summer? If he does, does he take us up like he should do? If not, what's he still here for? Why even start trying to build towards the squad he wants next year if he's gonna leave us with a squad nobody else knows what to do with?

I just can't see how its going to happen myself...the promotion push, that is.

This season has shown just how far short we are of doing a Norwich, or a Watford...or even a Bournemouth.

Warnock is literally going to need an entire squad's worth of signings, both to give us the quality we need and strength in depth to cope with injuries etc.

Unless Gibson has a secret £15-20m stashed away somewhere, he hasn't told anyone about, I really struggle to see how we're supposed to build a promotion-winning squad.

On top of that, even in the unlikely event of Gibson letting Neil go on a spending spree, it usually takes time for squads to gel, especially when there's been a big influx of players.

I don't doubt Warnock would love to end his career on a high, guiding us to promotion. I simply don't see how its going to happen.

Which does beg the question why did he sign on for another year? Just to top up his pension pot...or does he know something we don't?

• Like 1

Thought we played at three o’clock. Oh well can’t say that I really care. Warnock has sucked the joy out of everything like Pulis did. Another year of his disaster football to go through. This is probably the lowest I’ve felt about boro ever. When Pulis was here there was always the thought that it would get better when he left. It didn’t and we’re just getting worse and worse by every week. Atrocious club management from everyone that has a say at the club. 

• Like 1

Just back from the park, and read the entire thread to see how we got on today. God, it's depressing.

The biggest concern I have about Warnock is his ongoing inability to motivate the players. They chucked it weeks ago, and he seems either unable or unwilling to inspire them beyond mediocrity. There's enough of his signings in the squad to negate the excuse of having to work with anyone else's players, so what's going to be different next season?

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

On top of that, even in the unlikely event of Gibson letting Neil go on a spending spree, it usually takes time for squads to gel, especially when there's been a big influx of players.

I really hope that he doesn’t as I would hate to be stuck with a squad full of Warnock type players when he leaves. 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Which does beg the question why did he sign on for another year? Just to top up his pension pot...or does he know something we don't?

I think it's a lot simpler than that.

He doesn't need money and I really get the feeling he's not been thinking about the salary at all whilst he's been here.

I think he likes managing more than perhaps he let himself believe back when he first decided he was going to retire. I think he likes working with Gibson, someone he always has and continues to respect as an owner and as a person. And I think he genuinely believes he can take us up and is trying to do that. I don't think he'd still be in the game if he didn't think he could offer us anything.

The question is whether he can do that, not whether he believes he can, for me.

Edited by wilsoncgp
  • Like 2

What a sad state of play this season has ended, a team that gave us a glimmer of hope regressing into a disjointed and un organised bunch of individuals whose only fortee is to pass backwards or hoof in hope.

This would have been relegation form and sorry NW must take a huge slice of blame.

Massive clear out needed and I acknowledge that we have our best players unavailable but this lot is a sorry shower representing MFC.

Goodness knows what another season of NW will bring

• Like 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro V QPR 1-2 (Bolasie)
28 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Oh and to take a moment to be a little positive about today, we did create enough chances to win the game despite the general crap game that it was. Bolasie should score from Watmore's pull-back, Lumley made two incredible saves from Saville and what looked like a nick off Barbet and I'm not overly sure about the law but I think it's daft that Bolasie isn't given his goal from when their keeper got sent off. There's surely still an advantage whilst there's an open goal to put the ball into.

Agree in principle Wilson however proof in the pudding and all that. A draw would have been fair but you have to want to win it instead of being cautious and playing to Archer all the time

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Congratulations Norwich... 

Norwich and Delia showing Gibson how to smash the league through keeping faith in the process and manager. She didn't sack Farke we shouldn't of sacked Karanka. If we didn't sack Aitor I believe he'd still be here and we'd be top half premiership side. But Gibson is too short term minded 

• Like 1