oneBoro Forum

Boro V QPR 1-2 (Bolasie)

The thing is though the way we played that first 30.mins was we chased worked hard to win the ball back then kicked it long for them to pass around us. We won it back tried a quick break by kicking it long down the channels lose it again. Spend another 3 mins trying to win it back to only kick it long again. We have got to learn how to keep the ball better 

• Like 4
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just because Norwich have got promoted again under the same manager doesn't change that sacking Karanka was the right call that, if anything, was made too late. The atmosphere Farke has had throughout

All-seater stadium? Bloody luxury! When I were a lad we had to sit on cold concrete steps and be grateful! 30k crowds for Premier League fixtures? I remember when Boro played in front of two blok

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Norwich and Delia showing Gibson how to smash the league through keeping faith in the process and manager. She didn't sack Farke we shouldn't of sacked Karanka. If we didn't sack Aitor I believe he'd still be here and we'd be top half premiership side. But Gibson is too short term minded 

Just because Norwich have got promoted again under the same manager doesn't change that sacking Karanka was the right call that, if anything, was made too late. The atmosphere Farke has had throughout the past couple of years hasn't been negative from what I've seen, even in facing relegation. Karanka had lost the plot though, there's nothing about how those final few months had gone that would have in any way lead me to believe we were going to come straight back up under his tenure.

Gibson rightly took the job from him, he wasn't the right man for it any more. It's a shame he still hasn't found the right man for it since he sacked him, though. Agnew, Monk, Pulis, Woodgate, Warnock. The only appointment you can say is a good one is Warnock because he kept us up last season, his continued employment at this stage still shows us on a general downward trend, though.

• Like 6

There were some positives today.  We nearly didn't lose, Howson got another 90 mins under his belt, and Assombalonga got some much needed game time 👍 

Oh yeah and Warnock apparently now knows the players who he needs to get rid of, obviously he was unclear about this before today.  You know what the funny thing is though? The players who have the most game time recently, while we haven't been playing well, are the players who will almost certainly be here next season, and the players we have on loan.  It's not the players who are leaving or those we might want to see leave at all, who have barely played really.  

Its a real shame about Aitor. I think he has a great footballing brain and judging from his time with us, he's also a half-decent coach. What lets him down is he just doesn't have the man management skills to keep a disparate bunch of personalities functioning as a harmonious group. He had to go when he did. Farke on the other hand seems to be able to juggle the competing interests / demands of his squad very well.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Changing Times said:

There were some positives today.  We nearly didn't lose, Howson got another 90 mins under his belt, and Assombalonga got some much needed game time 👍 

Oh yeah and Warnock apparently now knows the players who he needs to get rid of, obviously he was unclear about this before today.  You know what the funny thing is though? The players who have the most game time recently, while we haven't been playing well, are the players who will almost certainly be here next season, and the players we have on loan.  It's not the players who are leaving or those we might want to see leave at all, who have barely played really.  

He certainly hasn't minced his words after today. I'd go so far as to say in his press conference, he's making a point to call out people who don't want to be here.

I really have to ask who he means though. He's mentioned quite a lot of people by name in a relatively positive manner. He's very happy with Hall, McNair, Howson and Watmore, says they'll enjoy next season when he's got the squad he wants. Archer he's said has been working hard and from as much as 10 days ago, he'd promised him he'd be in for this one and for a couple of games. Spence, he's dragged through the mud today for the 2nd goal so that's probably one that he's talking about. Then he's also said Kebano and Bolasie have done alright, as much as Bolasie should have got a couple more. Lastly he mentions Fisher because of his injury but that's it.

So who's left, besides Spence (and maybe Fisher), who he's talking about? He mentions cliques too, said there's 3 or 4 who will think he's the problem but won't look at themselves in the mirror. Out of the players that played today, all that's left is Saville, Bola, Johnson, Coulson and Britt.

I mean, for a start, if Britt doesn't want to be here then why are we playing him? He's out of contract, we don't need to help him on his way if he's actually a problem, he'll be gone in a couple of months and we can move on.

Johnson is what he is, he was one of his favourites when he came in last year and couldn't wait to get him tied down to a new deal but I believe he's also out of contract again? So if he's a problem, why play him?

Bola is one of his favourites this season, he's been our most consistent performer I'd say and he's come leaps and bounds. He's also signed a new deal this year under Warnock so if he's a problem, God knows what we're playing at. I doubt it though.

Coulson, well he came on and didn't do a great deal but he did finally try playing him at #10. But playing him #10 when you're 2-0 down and chasing the game, when the opposition is down to 10 men, it's a different proposition. Sometimes he speaks about him like he's still just a young lad who needs time, sometimes he speaks about him like he should be doing more, I've no idea where he actually lands on him.

The only one left then is Saville. I mean, sure. I'm not gonna cry my heart out if we want to shift him out. The one-time Boro captain in the making, according to Pulis, overall has not been worth the money we spent on him. But the question is then for me what do we replace him with?

Edited by wilsoncgp
  • Like 4

@wilsoncgp great post that.

I’ve just watched his press conference and feel like he’s playing Britt on purpose. If we had anything to play for he wouldn’t get a look in, but I think he’s playing him almost to ruin his prospects for next season. Britt just looks disinterested and garbage when he comes on. There’s not much chance he’s getting a similar wage to what he’s on now, and maybe not even at as good a club. It’s like he’s asking Britt to prove that he’s as good as he thinks he is, which he clearly doesn’t seem to be.

I think he rates Spence but wants more from him and I think in the long run he’ll come good. I know he’s got a lot of haters here but I do think there’s a player in there.

The keeper situation is an odd one. Archer wouldn’t have been given a chance if we were in with a shot of going up. He didn’t do much wrong today but didn’t really have a lot to do. I hope Sol Brynn gets a few games before the end of the season to see what he’s like. We’ll definitely have a different keeper situation next season 🤞.

I though Saville did alright today but yeah, if he leaves then so what. 

Maddo said in commentary that our best midfielder was one of the kids on the bench. Can’t remember who he said it was but why not give him and the others a go for the last few games? I’ve got a sneaky feeling that it might actually happen and we won’t see the “clique” Warnock mentioned playing much more, which might indicate who they all are.

• Like 1

I certainly wouldn’t mind the kids playing to gain some experience. I’m quite baffled that we didn’t start doing that when the play offs are out of reach. 

I think the mentality of a young player who wants to prove themselves is far better than a seasoned player like Britt who doesn’t care. I also think that us as fans would be far more forgiving if they had minutes til the end of the season. 

Mistakes and nervousness from a player I can accept, but I know that they won’t lack for effort and desire, which seems like the players who have clocked out already are lacking.

• Like 2

When Johnson was playing pre Christmas he delivered to the best of his ability which was more effective than that which we have seen since January from his replacements. At the end of last season when his contract was up and others jumped ship he stayed and fought so I doubt Johnson is in a clique but if he is, it is only that which Warnock has created through his own actions. 

Sadly for Warnock those cliques he has talked about within the Club are now manifesting within the fanbase in terms of attitudes and confidence in him. There were those who were totally against him from the off and those totally supportive of him with a few undecided which is often the case in any newly appointed Manager. Now we have those who were against him having the ammunition to say "told you so", the undecided now joining them as the mess just keeps getting bigger week by week and those in the supportive camp now wavering or indeed fully shifting to wanting him gone in the summer. Groups of like minded individuals are not uncommon, its when they become destructive or disruptive at least in the minds of one party that they usually get labelled as "cliques".

Footballers are flesh and blood like fans and they will inevitably have their doubts and their belief tested when things are going wrong so it is little surprise to hear that cliques exist, we had it when Karanka was winning promotion and far worse followed in the Premiership. That said, how on earth does an experienced Manager and Coaching staff allow a clique mentality to evolve in the first instance assuming there wasn't one already?

There again how can an experienced Manager be so damning in his assessment of the playing staff and then pick several Players who have regularly underperformed and let the side down repeatedly? Putting Britt on yesterday is right up there with the most bizarre of Pulis decisions. It's hardly surprising that a clique (or as I suspect several) has evolved.

• Like 3

I absolutely knew that was coming yesterday when I saw he played the same players line up aside from the keeper. From the parts of the game I could stomach to watch and highlights after, the keeper seemed to do a solid job so he should defiantly get another game too see if he does the same again as actually he might be a okay backup keeper (as long as first one is Betenelli) for next season. 

Question, can anyone justify or understand why he played Britt? surely he of played someone who would be here next season and ideally as the game didn't matter someone like Fletcher who needs to get his confidence back or Coburn you tell him to relax, go out their show me what you can do and see if you can get a goal to get us back in this. That way your evaluating your options for next season as well as giving yourself a chance as Britts not likely to be motivated to play for you. 

Tell you what annoyed me most about that game however, why start out with 5 at the back? qpr don't usually do this but they set out to with an attacking formation because the game didn't matter we set out to what keep them out and try grab a goal?! Warnock seriously why would you do that you may as well of attacked and given the fans an spectacle how good would have it been if the rest of the games this season we had given youth a chance and had a high scoring end to the season even if we conceded a lot as well. In my opinion you could have got a lot of fans back on side by doing that as they'd of been a good feeling around the club, instead of alienating fans like me who supported what he was doing in a large part this season and last season. Warnock in my opinion next 4 games you must reverse this decision if you setout too keep the position out in the next 4 and grind out an 1-0, not playing youth you are as bad as Pulis.      

• Like 3

I feel sorry for Johnson, was playing really well before Christmas, creating and scoring. Loan players come in, he doesn’t get a look in and we are worse for it. Spence and Coulson often get called out, alongside the strikers. 
 I wouldn’t be surprised if Brit, Johnson, Akpom, Coulson and Fletcher are all pretty peed off and want away. 
I’m still supportive of Warnock but he needs to take some responsibility. The loan signings seem to have disrupted the team spirit. Too many all at once? Too many straight into the team? He clearly doesn’t rate any of our strikers and Fletcher annoyed him getting injured again when he said he was fit and not signing a new contract. 

Such a disappointing end to the season 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

There again how can an experienced Manager be so damning in his assessment of the playing staff and then pick several Players who have regularly underperformed and let the side down repeatedly? Putting Britt on yesterday is right up there with the most bizarre of Pulis decisions. It's hardly surprising that a clique (or as I suspect several) has evolved.

Utterly baffling and the whole clique situation also smacks of poor player management...something Warnock was supposed to be good at.

Like a few others here I decided not to bother watching when I saw the starting lineup. His decision to bring Britt on almost seems like taking the mickey.

Considering our season is over, as far as achieving anything is concerned, why on Earth not blood a few youngsters, or give more fringe players game time, just to see if there are any capable of stepping up and filling the gaps?

I mean he's got nothing more to learn about the players that started yesterday (Archer apart). If there are indeed cliques in the squad, surely the best way to nullify them, (in the short term, at least) is to make significant changes? Treat our remaining fixtures the way PL teams do early cup ties...

• Like 1

I was about to start and point out how lucky and pampered you lot have been for a long long time

Most have you won't know what a third division stadium looks like nor what it s like to sit on the steps in the Holgate at half time 'cause there's no one much about and the first half was garbage

.........  and we're losing again

Then I thought I can't be bothered

• Like 1
  • Haha 1