oneBoro Forum

Boro V QPR 1-2 (Bolasie)

20 minutes ago, Rishworthian said:

I was about to start and point out how lucky and pampered you lot have been for a long long time

Most have you won't know what a third division stadium looks like nor what it s like to sit on the steps in the Holgate at half time 'cause there's no one much about and the first half was garbage

.........  and we're losing again

Then I thought I can't be bothered

All-seater stadium? Bloody luxury! When I were a lad we had to sit on cold concrete steps and be grateful!

30k crowds for Premier League fixtures? I remember when Boro played in front of two blokes and a dog! And one of 'em were the bloody groundsman!

Youngsters today don't know they're born...

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 5
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just because Norwich have got promoted again under the same manager doesn't change that sacking Karanka was the right call that, if anything, was made too late. The atmosphere Farke has had throughout

All-seater stadium? Bloody luxury! When I were a lad we had to sit on cold concrete steps and be grateful! 30k crowds for Premier League fixtures? I remember when Boro played in front of two blok

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

All-seater stadium? Bloody luxury! When I were a lad we had to sit on cold concrete steps and be grateful!

30k crowds for Premier League fixtures? I remember when Boro played in front of two blokes and a dog! And one of 'em were the bloody groundsman!

Youngsters today don't know they're born...

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Concrete step!?!? We used to watch the game from a paper bag in a septic tank

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, HoyteForLeftBack said:

Concrete step!?!? We used to watch the game from a paper bag in a septic tank

Luxury!

Some of us have been crammed in the Holgate end during a cup tie literally unable to move with blokes *** down the back of a barrier splashing all over the nearest dozen fans who were then belatedly left wondering what that warm sensation was whilst inhaling second hand nicotine.

• Wow 1
29 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Luxury!

Some of us have been crammed in the Holgate end during a cup tie literally unable to move with blokes *** down the back of a barrier splashing all over the nearest dozen fans who were then belatedly left wondering what that warm sensation was whilst inhaling second hand nicotine.

Ah, the good old days, eh? 😂

14 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

We have the Four Norsemen of the Apocalypse....  if they ever agree whether the Danes were Norse or not..  as Richard III once said "My Kingdom for a ...."

Well if I remember my history correctly, "Norse" literally means North, although I think that term was usually applied to the Norwegian Vikings. Denmark is pretty much level with us. 

I think we remember the Danes more because they actually ruled England for a while (Sven Forkbeard?) and made us pay tribute to them. Heck, we even have a museum dedicated to them.

Clever folks the Danes...they even had that bloke who invented wireless gadgetry...Harald Bluetooth. 🤪

Yeah, Wilson, that's what I was getting at, mate.  The players who have been playing recently are mostly those we'd expect to be here next season, so who is he learning anything about?  His comments after yesterday suggested disappointment with a number of players but the team was Archer, Fisher, Hall, McNair, Bola, Howson, Saville, Spence Kebano, Bolasie, Watmore.  Fisher, Hall, McNair, Bola, Howson, Saville, Watmore will all be here next season, or it will be our intention to have them here at least.  Kebano and Bolasie are on loan but he keeps picking them so I assume he would like them back.  That leaves Spence, who in most teams would be no more than a young right back with potential and should be the same here.  So he picks the same players, we're not playing well, he's disappointed, but those same players will be the core of the squad next season anyway, it's bloody daft.

We know Assombalonga is leaving, we've known it for months, so why is he putting him on for 9 mins or whatever it was yesterday?  I think it's to give him someone to shift the blame onto in all honesty as I can't think of a single other reason why he got on the field yesterday.  I don't rate Johnson all that much as my comments on the forum have shown, but he's just been pushed to the side, presumably because of his contract situation.  But he was out of contract last summer as well and that wasn't an issue then.  More to the point, I would never criticise Johnson for a lack of effort when he plays, so what's he done wrong exactly?  I complained about Coulson not getting a fair crack at proving his worth, why wasn't he in the side yesterday from the start instead of Bola?  We know what Bola can do, we are presumably happy with him for next season, so what purpose does it serve for him to start again rather than giving Coulson a run to see what he can do for example?  Or if you don't see him as a left back, then play him in one of the more attacking roles for a handful of games.  Same goes for the younger the lads yesterday.  I mean, would Coburn for 20 mins really have been an issue?  Would one of the youngsters playing instead of Jonny Teflon have been an issue.  He's *** off with the team but it's the team he wants to be able to pick, minus a couple of injured players and a beanpole striker of course.  

• Like 4

I avoided reading warnocks post match interview over the weekend as I really couldn't be bothered, but just caught up today. This quote sums the man up in its entirety -

“I am sure if you spoke to two or three they will say I was the problem. Because they blame everyone else don’t they? That’s natural for footballers. I am not the problem. I have to solve the problem.”

He has lost 21 league games since becoming manager 50 games ago and not once has it ever been his fault. Not once has he raised his hands up to say he made the mistakes. It's always other people's faults and he's not even doing it subtly anymore. How anyone can like this man I will never know, he's essentially the Boris Johnson of football. 

Also can't blame this "clique" he goes on about either. It's probably the group of players who are sick of playing percentage, luck based football instead of being able to show what they can actually do. 

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I avoided reading warnocks post match interview over the weekend as I really couldn't be bothered, but just caught up today. This quote sums the man up in its entirety -

“I am sure if you spoke to two or three they will say I was the problem. Because they blame everyone else don’t they? That’s natural for footballers. I am not the problem. I have to solve the problem.”

He has lost 21 league games since becoming manager 50 games ago and not once has it ever been his fault. Not once has he raised his hands up to say he made the mistakes. It's always other people's faults and he's not even doing it subtly anymore. How anyone can like this man I will never know, he's essentially the Boris Johnson of football. 

Also can't blame this "clique" he goes on about either. It's probably the group of players who are sick of playing percentage, luck based football instead of being able to show what they can actually do. 

It’s the clique’s fault, it’s always the clique’s fault.

What happened to the great man manager and motivator who can get a group of players playing together as a team?

What happened to the amazing team spirit we had last December? 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

It’s the clique’s fault, it’s always the clique’s fault.

What happened to the great man manager and motivator who can get a group of players playing together as a team?

What happened to the amazing team spirit we had last December? 

Now that is what I would call a clique!