• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just because Norwich have got promoted again under the same manager doesn't change that sacking Karanka was the right call that, if anything, was made too late. The atmosphere Farke has had throughout

All-seater stadium? Bloody luxury! When I were a lad we had to sit on cold concrete steps and be grateful! 30k crowds for Premier League fixtures? I remember when Boro played in front of two blok

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Assombalonga is a *** Donkey.

He may as well have been deliberately running down the clock.

You can't really blame him for not caring.

I'd be more angry at the donkey on the touchline who decided to bring him on.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dan1234 said:

I'd add our young keeper too. Why the hell we playing one of the worst journeyman around instead of giving some minutes to a highly rated youngster.

I'm not so fussed about the keeper, I think we've still got things to learn about him in a real-game environment and he's done alright with the things he's actually had to do today. He's still under our contract and we need 2 keepers next season as things stand so if he can stay and fill one of those gaps for us, gives us less to do this summer.

But we've just thrown on a nothing player, somebody we know for sure is leaving this summer, vs. giving a young lad who tactically seems to make more sense than any of the other options we have. Or even Akpom, at least he's here next season and has a point to prove. But no, Britt gets a game instead for absolutely no good bloody reason at all. Infuriating. Senseless. The man's completely lost the plot in that moment.

• Like 4

My question is:

Should a manager who is on the verge of retirement and who, despite being backed in the transfer market, has led us to an anonymous league finish, be backed for a promotion charge? 

I’m veering towards no.

It’s hardly a stunning revelation but Warnock being here is a symptom of the deeper issues at the club: lack of long term vision/complete inability to adapt to football’s changing landscape etc etc 

Edited by RealSlimSladeyy
  • Like 5
7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I know people hate when I compare this season to last, but this will be our 17th loss this season with 4 games to go. We lost 19 in total last year. 

This whole season feels like its been a struggle.

But since they secured Championship status for next season, it feels like they've just completely given up.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

You can't really blame him for not caring.

I'd be more angry at the donkey on the touchline who decided to bring him on.

Of course I can blame him.

His bad attitude is a large part of the reason he's been on the bench for half the season.

Being out of contract is not an excuse.

• Like 1

Very disappointing result. We should have got at least a draw from the amount of chances we had. 

We need to stop starting games so poorly and only starting to play when we go one or two down. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

My question is:

Should a manager who is on the verge of retirement and who, despite being backed in the transfer market, has led us to an anonymous league finish, be backed for a promotion charge? 

I’m veering towards no.

As I said at the time and as others have said, Warnock being here is a symptom of the broader issues at the club: lack of long term vision/complete inability to adapt to football’s changing landscape etc etc 

Well I've said it before and I'll say it again.

My thinking is that Gibson simply sees Warnock as a reasonably safe pair of hands, to keep us mid-table in the Championship, until such time as he can find a new manager who he's prepared to back for a promotion push.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for next season...I reckon it'll just be a repeat of this one.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well I've said it before and I'll say it again.

My thinking is that Gibson simply sees Warnock as a reasonably safe pair of hands, to keep us mid-table in the Championship, until such time as he can find a new manager who he's prepared to back for a promotion push.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for next season...I reckon it'll just be a repeat of this one.

And yet the noise coming from the club suggests we’re targeting promotion next year. Is that just a misleading ploy from the club to increase season ticket sales? I’m not convinced it is. I genuinely believe Warnock is here to try and get us up - I don’t think he’d have come all the way up here to take us to midtable obscurity.

An unprofessional start and an unprofessional finish from Warnock. Bringing on Assombalonga made no sense whatsoever. Akpom will be here next season and is no worse than Assombalonga and is probably a better fit for the team, that's aside from the fact that it would have been interesting to have seen Coburn given a chance. Bolasie's miss was very poor and looked a case of personal ego coming before the team. We had absolutely no idea how to break the QPR defence down.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Does anybody want him to stay on?

I genuinely think it is sensible to keep him at the moment due to current circumstances, not for footballing reasons.  My top priority for the club at the moment is to still have a football club when we emerge from the global and economic mess we are in at the moment.  Warnock has good connections and there are players willing to sign for him who probably wouldn't sign for us with a less known manager.  We are limited in terms of attracting big name mangers who play the attacking football people are wanting and I don't think this summer is a good time to gamble on an inexperienced manager.  I have confidence in Warnock being able to keep us in the championship next season even if he has a very limited budget for signings.  Once the world has settled down again then we can look for someone to build for the future.  At the moment keeping the club in existence and avoiding relegation are more important.  I genuinely suspect that not all clubs will survive. 

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Of course I can blame him.

His bad attitude is a large part of the reason he's been on the bench for half the season.

Being out of contract is not an excuse.

My point is:

We've known about Britt's lack of professional integrity for some time now. It's been painfully evident in the performances he's turned in. Unless Warnock is deaf and blind he must have noticed it too.

With that in mind, what competent manager would even put him on the bench, let alone use him as a sub?

In that scenario you have to question the manager's competence over the player's attitude IMO.

• Like 3

Those in defence of Warnock believe that he'll be backed this summer, and if he is, he'll take us up. I believe he should have put this team in the play-offs this season but then I know generally those that continue to back him now aren't of the same mind, they think he's done the best he can and that mid-table was best we could hope for.

But he's now saying the job in the summer is even bigger than he first mentioned, spreading our resources even thinner across the board. After the last few years, who on here is convinced that Warnock gets the entire squad he wants this summer? If he does, does he take us up like he should do? If not, what's he still here for? Why even start trying to build towards the squad he wants next year if he's gonna leave us with a squad nobody else knows what to do with?

As maddening as it all is, to think of the positives, I'm glad we know where we stand for next season right now. At least fans who haven't signed up for this next season know in some way what they're signing up for and have a good idea whether they should spend their money to come and see it. I don't mind, I want to be back at the Riverside personally regardless of who's in charge but for those it matters to, at least you know pretty much what's in store and don't have to sit and wait around to find out. Gibson may well have made that decision for you and you can enjoy your weekends not having to worry about this lot. 😄

For those coming back to the stadium next year, we've just got to have our fingers crossed things improve because in terms of our trajectory as a club in this division, we're still on a downward trend and we need Warnock to turn that around, or else waste another year of our time following this club. He's got to prove to me that it's not just Gibson doing the rounds with his mates, giving his old classics the job so he can work with them for a couple of years.

• Like 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro V QPR 1-2 (Bolasie)