oneBoro Forum

Rotherham vs Boro 1-2 (Saville, Akpom)

🔴 "I can't see us beating anyone at the minute, we don't take any of our chances and keep making stupid mistakes. It's been terrible for the past four months."

The master motivator is at it again. Honestly if woodgate or karanka or pulis came out with half the stuff he does they'd be hounded out of the club by the entire fan base. It's incredible what he keeps getting away with. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm desperate for us to win this, but yeah, a Rotherham win would put them a point behind Derby with 2 games in hand, they could do it. Derby and Sheffield Wednesday both going down would be a be

Genuine guy is Marv. Stand out player in 1st half of the season. Very unlucky to not have been involved more. Loves it at Boro.

Malley has very nice feet. Looks hard to deal with in possession  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

🔴 "I can't see us beating anyone at the minute, we don't take any of our chances and keep making stupid mistakes. It's been terrible for the past four months."

The master motivator is at it again. Honestly if woodgate or karanka or pulis came out with half the stuff he does they'd be hounded out of the club by the entire fan base. It's incredible what he keeps getting away with. 

I was a fan of Warnock. Still am really, but have to admit the recent attitude when there was like 10 games left and all to play for was shocking. It's like he gave up way too early. You fight right to the end, not harp on about playing youth lads to give them a run out. Wound me up a bit that

• Like 1
18 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

1.       Who makes your starting XI?

1a.     Why do some people still write 11 as XI when talking about football teams?

2.       Who was the last Boro signing (including loans and re-signings) that you were excited to see in our starting XI?

3.       Will we get promoted next season if the European Super League means there are IX promotion spots available from the Championship to the PL instead of III?

1. Was it Malley that was highly rated a year or two ago? If it was I'd give him a go alongside Howson. I'd also give Coulson a run a leftback, we know what Bola is all about, and under JW Coulson seemed to be on an upward trajectory. If he puts in 5 good performances maybe we can keep him as cover for Bola and not worry about needing to sign leftback cover in the summer.
Archer
Fisher, Hall, McNair ,Coulson
Howson, Malley
Kebano, Watmore, Bolasie
Akpom

1a. No idea, pesky Romans.

2. Negredo purely because at the time he seemed the perfect striker for Aitor's system (that he used during the promotion season). Valdes is worth a shout just because of his previous experience in the game and what he had won.

3. Who knows, but if we finish lower than 9th next season, that would be pretty bad.

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

And who is responsible for the players' terrible attitude and performances?

Granted the players have to take some personal responsibility, but ultimately the buck stops with the manager.

Funny how he neglects to say anything about that.

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

And who is responsible for the players' terrible attitude and performances?

Granted the players have to take some personal responsibility, but ultimately the buck stops with the manager.

Funny how he neglects to say anything about that.

He hasn't neglected it though, he's outright said the words "it's not my fault, it's theirs". He's a 72 year old child. 

• Wow 1
8 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

He hasn't neglected it though, he's outright said the words "it's not my fault, it's theirs". He's a 72 year old child. 

Looks like NW is happy to take his last job and isnt really interested in making long term relationships with these players. just saying what he likes. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Well thats just abdicating responsibility and extremely poor management.

Its one thing to throw 1 or 2 problem players under the bus, but if he's saying that about the majority of the squad, several of whom have been brought in under his tenure, then he has no business being in football management.

I mean thats worse than Mourinho!

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well thats just abdicating responsibility and extremely poor management.

Its one thing to throw 1 or 2 problem players under the bus, but if he's saying that about the majority of the squad, several of whom have been brought in under his tenure, then he has no business being in football management.

I mean thats worse than Mourinho!

I don't think he was saying it about the majority of the squad, he was going on about the 3 or 4 players who think he's the problem which was possibly related to the 'clique' comments he made. But that's probably because those 3 or 4 aren't on board with him right now, for whatever reason that is. It's not like he's wandering the halls of Rockliffe a lonely man, he still seems to have the majority of the dressing room on his side from his point of view.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think he was saying it about the majority of the squad, he was going on about the 3 or 4 players who think he's the problem which was possibly related to the 'clique' comments he made. But that's probably because those 3 or 4 aren't on board with him right now, for whatever reason that is. It's not like he's wandering the halls of Rockliffe a lonely man, he still seems to have the majority of the dressing room on his side from his point of view.

That was the general impression I had. He's never had a reputation as an overly confrontational manager and from what we've heard to this point it does seem the problems are limited to a few players.

NB4 just being overly dramatic then? 😁

The q

Just now, AnglianRed said:

That was the general impression I had. He's never had a reputation as an overly confrontational manager and from what we've heard to this point it does seem the problems are limited to a few players.

NB4 just being overly dramatic then? 😁

It's a direct quote, and it didn't mention individuals, he said "we". He was talking about the team.

30 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

The q

It's a direct quote, and it didn't mention individuals, he said "we". He was talking about the team.

Maybe he meant certain individuals but didn't want to name them? Thats usually what managers do, unless they want to make a point and name names.

I find it hard to believe he would risk alienating the entire dressing room by calling them all out. Also, by using "we" he's including himself in the criticism.

7 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Maybe he meant certain individuals but didn't want to name them? Thats usually what managers do, unless they want to make a point and name names.

I find it hard to believe he would risk alienating the entire dressing room by calling them all out. Also, by using "we" he's including himself in the criticism.

This was his other quote after the qpr game -

“I am sure if you spoke to two or three they will say I was the problem. Because they blame everyone else don’t they? That’s natural for footballers. I am not the problem. I have to solve the problem.”

He's not including himself at all, he's explicitly denying all blame. As he has all season, it's always been the refs or the strikers or the defenders fault, never his own decisions. 

22 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

This was his other quote after the qpr game -

“I am sure if you spoke to two or three they will say I was the problem. Because they blame everyone else don’t they? That’s natural for footballers. I am not the problem. I have to solve the problem.”

He's not including himself at all, he's explicitly denying all blame. As he has all season, it's always been the refs or the strikers or the defenders fault, never his own decisions. 

That quote is literally not blaming all the players, though. He's explicitly talking about 2 or 3 players. He's absolving himself of blame, of course he is, but he's not pinning it on the entirety of the squad. He's talking about those players. AR is asking if he's talking about the majority of the squad. He's not.

• Downsouth changed the title to Rotherham vs Boro 1-2 (Saville, Akpom)
  • Downsouth locked this topic
  • Downsouth unlocked this topic