oneBoro Forum

Rotherham vs Boro 1-2 (Saville, Akpom)

We still don't pass to each other with enough pace. Especially when we start at the back. 

It really bugs me to see the ball trickling across, allowing the opposition to close us down. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm desperate for us to win this, but yeah, a Rotherham win would put them a point behind Derby with 2 games in hand, they could do it. Derby and Sheffield Wednesday both going down would be a be

Genuine guy is Marv. Stand out player in 1st half of the season. Very unlucky to not have been involved more. Loves it at Boro.

Malley has very nice feet. Looks hard to deal with in possession  

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

We still don't pass to each other with enough pace. Especially when we start at the back. 

It really bugs me to see the ball trickling across, allowing the opposition to close us down. 

Actually one good thing I liked about Malley, wasn't afraid to zip the ball from side to side and forward.

• Like 2

So that it's clear, the above comment wasn't meant to be taken seriously.  I'm not sure how it is that all of a sudden all of my posts must be taken literally by a number of people but clearly this is the case.  If I was to do the same then I'd have to assume that Blanco thinks I'd buy a football shirt because the person whose shirt it is, did a Nazi salute once or something.  Maybe he really does mean it or maybe he's joking.  I choose to think he's joking rather than looking to be offended by it but then I've always though that's part of being a mature adult - having a level of understanding of things.  Apologies to anyone who was offended by the use of the word doyle though.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Changing Times said:

So that it's clear, the above comment wasn't meant to be taken seriously.  I'm not sure how it is that all of a sudden all of my posts must be taken literally by a number of people but clearly this is the case.  If I was to do the same then I'd have to assume that Blanco thinks I'd buy a football shirt because the person whose shirt it is, did a Nazi salute once or something.  Maybe he really does mean it or maybe he's joking.  I choose to think he's joking rather than looking to be offended by it but then I've always though that's part of being a mature adult - having a level of understanding of things.  Apologies to anyone who was offended by the use of the word doyle though.

If a person expresses themselves without prejudice then it should be encouraged not denounced. 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Definitely joking 🙃 

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, Woof Woof said:

I was much happier with Boro's performance but the defence looked brittle to non existent against a struggling side.

I didn't watch the game, but from reading the match report and comments on here, it seems like we once again got off to a sluggish start and conceded the first goal, before we started playing.

I guess it helped we were facing relegation strugglers, who were a man short for most of the game, otherwise we might not have got the 3 points.

I do kinda wish I'd watched now, if only to see how young Malley got on. Sounds like a promising prospect.

Edited by AnglianRed
7 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Tsk. Have you been going and upsetting people again? 😁

For what its worth I agree entirely. Some humour takes a certain level of intelligence and maturity / worldly wisdom / exposure to different ideas & viewpoints to appreciate.

I've always maintained that as long as you're not actually using slurs / insults against individuals or groups, you're in the clear. Even on an internet forum it should usually be possible to tell the difference between edgy humour and an intentional insult.

As someone who has had to deal with racism in real life, I'd like to think I've become pretty good at differentiating between intentional insults and abuse and humour that simply pokes fun at certain characteristics.

But thats just me. I also appreciate humour, like art is subjective. Although I also have to say some of what I consider "hypersensitivity" (when people cry "racism" when there clearly was no such intent) does make me 🤦‍♂️

I think people just need to be able to laugh at themselves more and its sad that comedy now has to be censored, so as not to offend these snowflakes.

For the record I'm perfectly okay with the word "doyle" - its a fine upstanding Irish name, after all.

Would love to know how it came to be used as an insult mind. 🤔

• Like 2