oneBoro Forum

Rotherham vs Boro 1-2 (Saville, Akpom)

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm desperate for us to win this, but yeah, a Rotherham win would put them a point behind Derby with 2 games in hand, they could do it. Derby and Sheffield Wednesday both going down would be a be

Genuine guy is Marv. Stand out player in 1st half of the season. Very unlucky to not have been involved more. Loves it at Boro.

Malley has very nice feet. Looks hard to deal with in possession  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

In fairness he does see them all week at Rockliffe and a few nutmegs on Bolasie, skinning Kebano and unleashing a twenty yard screamer a few times I'm sure wouldn't have gone unnoticed. Regardless of where he has played when he got game time he hardly made an impact. I do think he looked better before Warnock arrived but for one reason or another he just hasn't replicated his early promise.

I mean, if you want the reason why he hasn't shown the same as he did last year then these 2 images answer that question. He's not played, when he has played he hasn't played for long and he hasn't played in the right positions in terms of producing the performances he previously gave, the ones that made us give him the contract to begin with.

image.png.02907a1c23149e68cc0edbdc1c0a6e44.png

image.png.20dc8ab12380fd1d4ea9322dea619259.png

So sure, you can tell me he's not shown enough in training but there were very few fans that didn't see something in Coulson last year, certainly early on. I saw it as early as pre-season live on a couple of occasions under Woodgate and then most weeks. I remember in the cup game when we made a lot of changes and finally gave him an appearance this season, he was stuck at right wing-back. Has he even played under Warnock at left-back this season?

Warnock thinks he needed to show something else to get into the team, to come in and play out of position to try and prove something different. And he got what, 30 minutes against QPR in that kind of position, now he might be amongst a few others who are done for under him? It's a bit pathetic, really, if true.

• Downsouth changed the title to Rotherham vs Boro 1-2 (Saville, Akpom)
  • Downsouth locked this topic
  • Downsouth unlocked this topic