oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Sheffield Wednesday 3-1 (Bolasie, Coburn, Watmore)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wish the crowd had been there for him! Would have been even more special then.

With these youngsters ... And if we can keep Bolasie and Kebab ... Plus add a few extra players ... I am looking forward to next season ... I know a lot of you are not, but that's not gonna spoil my o

Just for a minute imagine being in Josh Coburn's head at the moment. You are 18 years old, your gaffer has the belief in you to put you into the first team and you score with your speciality a header,

Posted Images

A largely unimpressive and scrappy game that looked to be heading for a draw.

But Boro seemed to wake up in the last 15 minutes or so, found another gear and put together some nice passages of play and in the end ran out deserved 3-1 winners.

Great to see the introduction of some youngsters and chuffed for Coburn at getting on the score sheet.

I really hope this is the start of more fringe players getting some first team experience.

I actually thought we could have been 4-1 down before we scored the 2nd goal. I never saw a replay of Paterson's disallowed goal but it looked like a soft foul on Archer, think he got away with one there personally. Windass scored a great penalty but missed an amazing chance soon after Paterson's disallowed goal. Then there was that ball that floated over our defence that Bola missed but Paterson misjudged it. If he reads it well, he pretty much just needs to hit the target.

We weren't great. But I'm not fussed about that today as I'm just so pleased for young Josh Coburn, had a feeling when he came on he'd grab a goal and what a header it was, perfectly executed into the far corner, in off the post, superb.

• Like 2

Just for a minute imagine being in Josh Coburn's head at the moment. You are 18 years old, your gaffer has the belief in you to put you into the first team and you score with your speciality a header, talk about walking on cloud nine. Well done son may you and Malley go on to have successful careers in this great game

• Like 6

That was a lengthy and seemingly "in depth" chat from Warnock with Bannon at the end of the game. Brilliant start to Coburn's career, the lad made a difference when he came on and gave the Owls defence something to worry about which helped with Bolasie's header down to Watmore for the third as their defence were focussing on Coburn expecting him to be the target. Had Westwood spilled Saville's effort Coburn was hovering on the lone ready to poke home. Definitely has that instinct.

Having said that the first half was dire and overall the second half was better but it was an awful game to watch between two very poor sides.

• Like 1

With these youngsters ... And if we can keep Bolasie and Kebab ... Plus add a few extra players ... I am looking forward to next season ... I know a lot of you are not, but that's not gonna spoil my optimism! 

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

With these youngsters ... And if we can keep Bolasie and Kebab ... Plus add a few extra players ... I am looking forward to next season ... I know a lot of you are not, but that's not gonna spoil my optimism! 

I’m with you my Danish friend. UTB 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Sheffield Wednesday 3-1 (Bolasie, Coburn, Watmore)