oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Sheffield Wednesday 3-1 (Bolasie, Coburn, Watmore)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wish the crowd had been there for him! Would have been even more special then.

With these youngsters ... And if we can keep Bolasie and Kebab ... Plus add a few extra players ... I am looking forward to next season ... I know a lot of you are not, but that's not gonna spoil my o

Just for a minute imagine being in Josh Coburn's head at the moment. You are 18 years old, your gaffer has the belief in you to put you into the first team and you score with your speciality a header,

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Blanco said:

Game Day. Second win in a row incoming. @RiseAgainstto break all records by taking us into next season with the match day threads. Come on BORO

Feeling smug 😃 I knew @RiseAgainstwould sort it out for us. Good job my good man 💪

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Really happy for Josh coburn to score on his home debut. Put in a good performance in his short cameo too.

Just wish the crowd had been there for him! Would have been even more special then.

• Like 6
Just now, GrimsbyBoro said:

Warnock has previously described Coburn as John Stead like and you can see why from that goal and performance.

really pleased for the lad. 

It'd be great to have a Jon Stead-type player, but what we really need is a John Wick-type player. That'd make matchdays worth watching again...

• Haha 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Sheffield Wednesday 3-1 (Bolasie, Coburn, Watmore)
1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

Bolasies best gane for us so far? What do we reckon

He is definitely getting better with every game IMO

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

He is definitely getting better with every game IMO

I definitely think we've seen somewhat of an upward trend with his match fitness levels. If he's willing to take the big paycut I'd almost certainly have him back as it stands. Remains to be seen whether we will have the resources and pull to snap him up whilst also funding other important transfers though. He seems happy but he generally seems like quite a positive person anyway.

• Like 2

Very busy collating end of year accounts so not watched any football today but did look at the stats. 
I believe in our youth and we have seen many a superstar get a break around 17 / 18 years old so why are we holding back? Why is NW so hesitant putting energetic young players on when we have had some good games when they have been given the chance. NW just brought in a squad of underperforming players and a keeper that that’s cost us around 9 points this season so I just don’t trust him to guide our youth in modern football. 

15 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Very busy collating end of year accounts so not watched any football today but did look at the stats. 
I believe in our youth and we have seen many a superstar get a break around 17 / 18 years old so why are we holding back? Why is NW so hesitant putting energetic young players on when we have had some good games when they have been given the chance. NW just brought in a squad of underperforming players and a keeper that that’s cost us around 9 points this season so I just don’t trust him to guide our youth in modern football. 

That just isn't true.

Our expectations for youth players are often warped by the rise of the occasional teenage wunderkind.

The reality is that the vast majority of players don't see proper 1st team action until their early 20s. 

Plenty of world class players were absolutely nowhere in their teenage years.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

It'd be great to have a Jon Stead-type player, but what we really need is a John Wick-type player. That'd make matchdays worth watching again...

While clinically slaughtering the entire opposition team might guarantee more wins, I think the FA might take issue with it...

john wick lionsgate GIF by John Wick: Chapter 2

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Smogzilla said:

That just isn't true.

Our expectations for youth players are often warped by the rise of the occasional teenage wunderkind.

The reality is that the vast majority of players don't see proper 1st team action until their early 20s. 

Plenty of world class players were absolutely nowhere in their teenage years.

My mistake I assumed many a super star would indicate the few not the many as not everyone can be outstandingly successful. I understand and appreciate what you imply as there is a great physical difference between 18 and late 20 year olds and there is a fine line between being ready and nearly ready. I do love the energy, the speed they bring to the game. 
NW coaching today’s footballers is akin to Sterling Moss and Hamilton, both great but in different decades. 

Edited by sanddancer

Been out all weekend and way too lazy to read through the whole thread.

Would anyone be a saint and summarise the game for me? How we played, who impressed, who didn't?

Cheers in advance!