oneBoro Forum

Euro 2020 Prediction League

Hi everyone, 

I recently started taking over the main predictions league and updating rounds etc.  Few small mistakes on the way but starting to get in the swing of things.  

I would like to run a Euro 2020 league based around predicting scores.  I have a few ideas about how it would work but they would really depend on numbers of participants.  

I will create a spreadsheet that calculates everything automatically which will be much easier when starting the league off myself.  In order to work out the exact format and to give me time to code it properly I would like people to commit to predicting the league by Saturday 1st May. 

Hopefully this is ok with everyone?  Any problems give me as shout.

• Like 2

I’m in. 
also thank you for the excellent work you are doing in keeping this predictions league going buddy 👏👏👏

@DanFromDownSouth@Blanco@Maccarone@smogsterking the Inspirati@Uwe@Motor Mouth@Smogzilla@boro-unger@AnglianRed

Definitely enough people to go ahead with Euro2020 predictions. Still time for others to join but as first takers I thought I'd suggest the 4 options I have thought of.  Ideally if people can List the options in preference order then we can go with format that suits most people.

Option A - Player v Player predictions League Format (9 rounds of correct results - play each other once predicting between 4 and 8 matches a round)

Option B - Player v Player predictions League Format- (18 rounds of correct result with bonus goal for correct score - play each other twice predicting between 2 and 4 matches a round) 

Option C - Player v Player predictions League and Knockout Format - (Group Stages 9 rounds of Player v Player.  Top players in league advance to 4 round knockout format during the knockout stages)

Option D - Giant League - League Format (No player v player fixtures.  Every player predicts every result.  Complex sweepstake format based on Points scored for correct results, scores, predicting group winners etc.  knockout stages see increased multiplier in points.  Table Updated Daily.

Hope that all makes sense..... If people could list Preferences eg/

Preference 1 - A

Preference 2 - B

Preference 3 - C

Preference 4 - D

Will see which is most popular across everyone....

Love a knockout (providing i dont get knocked out early 😄 ). So:

Preference 1 - C

Preference 2 - D

Preference 3 - B

Preference 4 - A

Whichever is easiest for you to run though bud!

17 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Love a knockout (providing i dont get knocked out early 😄 ). So:

Preference 1 - C

Preference 2 - D

Preference 3 - B

Preference 4 - A

Whichever is easiest for you to run though bud!

Agree with this including the “whichever is easiest for you “ bit

• Like 1