oneBoro Forum

Euro 2020 Competition Introductory Thread

@AnglianRed@Blanco@boro-unger@DanFromDownSouth@DurhamRed@Maccarone@marvin@Motor Mouth@RiseAgainst@Smogzilla@Snowblind@trekkers@Uwe@Youngy228

EDIT - Welcome to the Euro 2020 Predictions Competition.  

There are 14 human players who have signed up.  To make 16 which is ideal for the format and not wanting to have 'Byes' like we do in main league I will add 2 x AI players (one for each group) which will be PaddyPower.  The AI will predict the fixtures for all group stage matches on 1st June.  The prediction will be based on lowest odds (if more than one a random generator will select).  It's not ideal but hopefully might be a bit quirky and a way that people don't miss rounds.  As some starting information there will be 2 groups drawn (each group consisting of 8 players)  There will then be 7 rounds of predictions with all players in each league entering a ranked knockout phase.  Everyone will predict until the End of Round 16 at very least.

Over the course of the next few weeks, I will use this thread to begin the foundations for the league. 

Today - Introductory video introducing participants

Later this week - Short Video/Thread to explain competition format

Next week - Initial Group Draw

Next week - Fixture List released

By end of May - Fixture Round Threads Posted to predict whenever ready

Good Luck everyone

Edited by Youngy228
  • Like 4
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's draw time.....  

removed

Just finishing the final edit for the Pool Draw Video which will be posted this afternoon. In the meantime the ball numbers to look out for are as follows....   1 @Maccarone  2 @smogste

Posted Images

Great intro Young...man.

I'm bulling my boots up raring to go just waiting for the kick off.

I am wondering do the players still wear boots these days or are they carpet slippers. 🤣

8 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I appear to have been missed off the list 😥

Really sorry mate. Will adapt the league. I was convinced there were 15 human players and then I trawled threads and couldn’t find the missing player. 

You will be back on by tomorrow!

• Like 1

Happy to have made it right at the death. Reminds a bit like when Denmark came into the Euros in 92 at the last minute after Jugoslavia were kicked out. And we all know how that panned out. 

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Happy to have made it right at the death. Reminds a bit like when Denmark came into the Euros in 92 at the last minute after Jugoslavia were kicked out. And we all know how that panned out. 

Really not well..... For Yugoslavia 🇧🇦 🇽🇰 🇷🇸