oneBoro Forum

The British and Irish Lions

1 hour ago, Rishworthian said:

Ah well it is all opinions - remember the Matt Dawson try for the Lions - that was special.  they are going to have to be that special to win this

Was that the one from the back of the scrum, beats a few players and scores wide?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@HumptyI follow Union pretty closely, especially Northampton Saints. I think the squad will be heavily Welsh, partly due to their Six Nations victory and partly due to Gatland being in charge. I'

@smogsterking the Inspirati Here you go.

I'm surprised to see May miss out of the squad I feel even when not on form he is still capable of producing something.  Sexton is another big omission although that one is more understandable gi

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Not strictly Lions related, but Former Lion (tried to link it) Joe Marler has done a really good documentary on his struggles with mental health.

It's pretty eye opening as he rarely comes across as someone who struggles, but I suppose that's the exact barrier It's trying to break. The barrier being everyone is susceptible.

On 5/29/2021 at 8:33 PM, DanFromDownSouth said:

Not strictly Lions related, but Former Lion (tried to link it) Joe Marler has done a really good documentary on his struggles with mental health.

It's pretty eye opening as he rarely comes across as someone who struggles, but I suppose that's the exact barrier It's trying to break. The barrier being everyone is susceptible.

Where can I access this? 

• 3 weeks later...

First up Japan @ Murrayfield

I don’t think it’s officially been designated a test but it’ll be interesting to see how this Lions team set out.

On 6/26/2021 at 2:35 PM, Humpty said:

First up Japan @ Murrayfield

I don’t think it’s officially been designated a test but it’ll be interesting to see how this Lions team set out.

I missed the game and haven't had a chance to catch up yet. 

Saw AWJ badly dislocated his shoulder. Must admit having Murray as new captain is a weird one in my opinion. Think Biggar would have been the perfect choice, since coming to Saints his game (and leadership) has really elevated.

Farrell all day for me. Not selecting his as captain casts doubt as to whether he’s actually going to start at 12 now. Don’t see him starting at 10. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Josh Adams a massive omission from the opening test. He's been a monster so far on the tour and doesn't seem to be due to an injury. AWJ starts as well my big concern is he will have a big target on him given his lack of match sharpness going into it. 

Think the team is pretty much what I expected if I consider how I think we'll play. Only proper surprises are 15 and 11 for me, thought he may have started Williams and Adams first test, that said Hogg and Duhan aren't exactly poor stand ins. 

AWJ is a surprise given the short turnaround from him getting injured to being fit. As you say he'll (and his shoulder) definitely be targeted by the South African pack. 

That said really looking forward to it and glad to see Saints have 2 starters!