oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wycombe  

33 members have voted

1. 1. WWWTLGOTS? (Will we win the last game of the season?)

• Yes
    • No
    • No, we will lose 17-1 and Wycombe will avoid relegation

Like, even taking this as a single game and taking it as a nothing game, this was embarrassing. I can't quite state how bad today was. The amount of times they got in behind us as a result of shambolic defensive shape and marking was abysmal. McNair, Bola, Saville, Howson, all of them were dreadful. Hall wasn't much better generally but he at least managed to make some massive tackles when it mattered, the double challenge he made in the second half after they got behind us again was great to see.

At 2-0 down, Malley comes on and is surrounded by players who look like they're perpetually running through thick mud, what's he supposed to do with that? There was nothing on for him or anyone. What did Warnock even say at half time? What has he said after the game? The only notable thing he seemed to do during the game was get himself booked for mouthing off at the ref who had close to zero effect on the game. We were outplayed.

What's the point of bringing Robinson and Hackney on with 2 minutes or so left too? Some people said they don't want us to put kids in for the sake of it by starting them but at least then they get to have an effect on the game. I'm sure Robinson is proud to make a first team appearance but what was the point of it other than to put 2 minutes of first team football on his CV? How is that going to in any way develop those players?

If we were gonna lose this game today, I'd rather we lost with a team with 11 youngsters who wanted to try and play against a professional side rather than a team full of players who get their game every week and are just there to see their season out. We always say our players need to go out and learn the game but once again we have a manager who is unwilling to give them the opportunity when it comes calling.

• Like 10
  • Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like, even taking this as a single game and taking it as a nothing game, this was embarrassing. I can't quite state how bad today was. The amount of times they got in behind us as a result of shamboli

I was busy this afternoon, so I decided to avoid the results and wait for the highlights on Quest. After watching teams with far less talented players (and far less experienced managers) giving their

More utter *** in the press conference - Warnock said: ““I’m not going to knock them today. We were poor today, but overall, to finish tenth after where we were when we came in, I think it’s been

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I've thought of a positive!  You don't get the next match day thread 🙌  

Hmm, but as it's the end of the season then you wouldn't anyway so I guess that cancels it out 🤦‍♂️

I will keep trying mate 👍

And I will keep trying to get you to author a match day thread as well CT🤖

Just now, Downsouth said:

And I will keep trying to get you to author a match day thread as well CT🤖

Half the site wouldn't read it mate so I don't think that would be a good idea.

Well just when you think that you can't feel any more down, along come Boro to give you a good kick in the bits. I really would not be upset if none of today's team were here next season. There are too many gutless players, and they are quite welcome to pack their bags and go elsewhere asap. He won't go, but I wouldn't be upset if the manager also left. Yes we have improved on last season, but the performances have been dreadful and if the fans had been allowed in the stadium, then the players would have been left in no doubt of what was thought of them.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Well just when you think that you can't feel any more down, along come Boro to give you a good kick in the bits. I really would not be upset if none of today's team were here next season. There are too many gutless players, and they are quite welcome to pack their bags and go elsewhere asap. He won't go, but I wouldn't be upset if the manager also left. Yes we have improved on last season, but the performances have been dreadful and if the fans had been allowed in the stadium, then the players would have been left in no doubt of what was thought of them.

Ah but the post count average for this seasons games has gone up, so a big positive for me....hoorah!

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Half the site wouldn't read it mate so I don't think that would be a good idea.

Would be brilliant mate your wit and charm captures all and gosh just think how many likes you would defo get from doing so, would ensure Wilson never catches you up!😄

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Ah but the post count average for this seasons games has gone up, so a big positive for me....hoorah!

Keep it going @Downsouth. You are nearly there 😃

7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Like, even taking this as a single game and taking it as a nothing game, this was embarrassing. I can't quite state how bad today was. The amount of times they got in behind us as a result of shambolic defensive shape and marking was abysmal. McNair, Bola, Saville, Howson, all of them were dreadful. Hall wasn't much better generally but he at least managed to make some massive tackles when it mattered, the double challenge he made in the second half after they got behind us again was great to see.

At 2-0 down, Malley comes on and is surrounded by players who look like they're perpetually running through thick mud, what's he supposed to do with that? There was nothing on for him or anyone. What did Warnock even say at half time? What has he said after the game? The only notable thing he seemed to do during the game was get himself booked for mouthing off at the ref who had close to zero effect on the game. We were outplayed.

What's the point of bringing Robinson and Hackney on with 2 minutes or so left too? Some people said they don't want us to put kids in for the sake of it by starting them but at least then they get to have an effect on the game. I'm sure Robinson is proud to make a first team appearance but what was the point of it other than to put 2 minutes of first team football on his CV? How is that going to in any way develop those players?

If we were gonna lose this game today, I'd rather we lost with a team with 11 youngsters who wanted to try and play against a professional side rather than a team full of players who get their game every week and are just there to see their season out. We always say our players need to go out and learn the game but once again we have a manager who is unwilling to give them the opportunity when it comes calling.

Malley definitely should have been on from the start and the other youngsters introduced a lot earlier.

Just now, Downsouth said:

Would be brillaint mate your wit and charm captures all and gosh just think how many likes you would defo get from doing so, would ensure Wilson never catches you up!😄

Am I winning like?  I would have thought with all the angry and confused faces that Kelloe gives me that I'd be somewhere near the bottom by now.  As Wilson is lovely then he deserves to be the most liked person on oneBoro and we should all work to get him there 👍

I wonder if the players have got their top 10 finish bonus yet.Thoroughly deserved especially after todays wonderful performance.Massive job ahead.A few strikers wont fix this.

4 minutes ago, Blanco said:

5 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Thanks Joe, hopefully whatever comments NW says will annoy enough members to voice their anger!thus increasing my chances

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Leesider said:

I wonder if the players have got their top 10 finish bonus yet.Thoroughly deserved especially after todays wonderful performance.Massive job ahead.A few strikers wont fix this.

I think there were a few of them on strike today hahahahahaha hahahahaa hahahahah

hahahaha

ha

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Thanks Joe, hopefully whatever comments NW says will annoy enough members to voice their anger!thus increasing my chances

I would try and help but every time I try and get the post count up people get annoyed for some reason 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Leesider said:

Agree, it is massive changes in midfield that we need especially attack minded individuals, who can pass, beat their man and score!

25 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Believe he will want to say a few things about what we witnessed, ok passing the buck and not looking at himself as he is beyond reproach as we all know but simply to offer some sort of explanation for a team that today was not a team, nor in spirit!

He'll probably point to having to bring Robinson and Hackney on and say something like, "We're so short of players, I had to bring the kids on. Obviously we can't expect to win in that situation".