oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wycombe  

33 members have voted

1. 1. WWWTLGOTS? (Will we win the last game of the season?)

• Yes
    • No
    • No, we will lose 17-1 and Wycombe will avoid relegation

1 minute ago, Smokedsalmon said:

I reckon Warnock is under-estimating how sour fan sentiment has been towards the second half of this season, judging by his interviews and reactions to today.

If he doesn't have us up for games from the start next season - if we play ANYTHING close to how uninterested we've been for the last couple of months - he's in for a rude awakening. Our fans would have crucified them today if they'd been in the Riverside.

He has been very lucky without having the fans, booing I do not like but watching the crowd size dwindle game by game is a way of showing contempt for the way he has addressed things

• Like 3
  • Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like, even taking this as a single game and taking it as a nothing game, this was embarrassing. I can't quite state how bad today was. The amount of times they got in behind us as a result of shamboli

I was busy this afternoon, so I decided to avoid the results and wait for the highlights on Quest. After watching teams with far less talented players (and far less experienced managers) giving their

More utter *** in the press conference - Warnock said: ““I’m not going to knock them today. We were poor today, but overall, to finish tenth after where we were when we came in, I think it’s been

Posted Images

All season NW has blamed something or someone for his inept management and has already started with excuses for next. SG needs his head looking at keeping this muppet in charge for next season and I can’t imagine how season tickets will fair, but I think it’s going to be appalling. SG is doing his best and succeeding to commit business suicide.  
NW does his utmost and succeeds in taking serious concerns of supporters and responds with mockery. I’m sick and tired of his pitch side antics, excuses and jovial upbeat response to serious failures.  
Wake up SG you hired more clowns then Billy Smarts circus and just about lost the club, respect of the town. 

The striker comment is so frustrating. I get that they aren’t his type of strikers and that’s fine.

I appreciate he was probably frustrated to twice not move Britt on but having started the season with Britt and Akpom he should have adjusted the team to suit them and not blame them for not being what he wants (I am completely ignoring the fact that he bought Akpom).

It frustrating sticking to something that didn’t get the best out of decent championship players.
I suspect the club are secretly pleased Britt and Fletcher didn’t set the championship alight this season.

• Like 2
Just now, Smokedsalmon said:

I reckon Warnock is under-estimating how sour fan sentiment has been towards the second half of this season, judging by his interviews and reactions to today.

If he doesn't have us up for games from the start next season - if we play ANYTHING close to how uninterested we've been for the last couple of months - he's in for a rude awakening. Our fans would have crucified them today if they'd been in the Riverside.

Aye, I wonder how different his response would have been to today if the lads had left the pitch at half time and full time to boos. I don't think Pulis would have been any different regardless but I suspect Warnock would at least have felt and acknowledged the fans' feelings.

The more I think about the fact he hasn't played the young lads today properly from the start, the more it annoys me. This was a free hit in terms of atmosphere too. These young lads could have gone on with no pressure from the stands, they could have played their game with relative freedom compared to the norm, just good old competitive football from the off. I think this is gonna annoy me for the rest of the day if I keep thinking about it. 😅

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Aye, I wonder how different his response would have been to today if the lads had left the pitch at half time and full time to boos. I don't think Pulis would have been any different regardless but I suspect Warnock would at least have felt and acknowledged the fans' feelings.

The more I think about the fact he hasn't played the young lads today properly from the start, the more it annoys me. This was a free hit in terms of atmosphere too. These young lads could have gone on with no pressure from the stands, they could have played their game with relative freedom compared to the norm, just good old competitive football from the off. I think this is gonna annoy me for the rest of the day if I keep thinking about it. 😅

It's just weird that he seems to think we're all genuinely glad to be finishing 10th? He said "the fans won't be too unhappy" which just goes to show how wildly disconnected he is without us in the stadium. Does he know Boro fans? We're never bloody happy. Today's showing would have had fan dissent on par with when we all tried to get Brad Guzan sent off against Southampton at home.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Yeah, the vibes spread pretty quickly around all of our teams this weekend hahah

Well they say a team reflects the personality of its manager. If thats the case, no wonder our first team are acting like they're ready for their pipes, slippers and Werthers Originals.

Now I'm having visions of Warnock giving "motivational" speeches to the U23 and youth teams via big screens at the training grounds.

I can see how the malaise would spread rapidly! 😁

• Like 1

I think Warnocks really showing a huge lack of awareness of the situation. He's ended this season so poorly that everything he does in the summer, every signing, every sale is going to be under immense scrutiny. If things don't click immediately it's all going to go downhill very quickly 

I'm hoping that we see a repeat of his last season with Cardiff. Realise he can't do anything more with the team, walk in November, let someone else come on and take us to the play offs by the end of the year. 

• Like 2

Boro, beaten 0-3 by a side fighting relegation and I'm not at all surprised.

That just about sums my feelings up really. I have no expectation or even hope that things can improve under this ownership.

Am I wrong?

• Like 2
Just now, Neverbefore said:

I think Warnocks really showing a huge lack of awareness of the situation. He's ended this season so poorly that everything he does in the summer, every signing, every sale is going to be under immense scrutiny. If things don't click immediately it's all going to go downhill very quickly 

I'm hoping that we see a repeat of his last season with Cardiff. Realise he can't do anything more with the team, walk in November, let someone else come on and take us to the play offs by the end of the year. 

My worry is the biggest long-term damage is already done by the time he's left.

That shambles today had no fight or belief, at best it was piffling disinterest. Warnock's sides are renowned for their fighting spirit yet there was none of that on show in fact there was very little on show. Credit to Kebano for having the honesty and integrity to admit he was going home early, there were a few out there today who had mentally done the same but had the temerity to claim they were in attendance.

From being behind Warnock at the start and giving him a chance I think there is so little of a squad left now it makes no sense to continue with the status quo. Since the turn of the year his recruitment has failed to deliver and with that in mind I have little confidence in him recruiting anything better in the summer and like as not he will leave us in 12 months time with a squad full of ageing and unfit rejects failing to deliver. That scenario leaves very little wriggle room for a new Manager stuck with Easter Island statues with another two years on their contracts.

Warnock's own booking today perfectly summed up the pitiful and pathetic nature of the state we are in.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

This pretty much sums up what I’m expecting to happen. I don’t see Warnock being here at Christmas. I do think that what he’ll leave in terms of the squad, won’t be as bad as most people think. I think we’ll have a much better balance to the squad than when Pulis left. I just hope he doesn’t leave under a cloud.

(...just re read what I’ve posted and decided I’d better look for my tin hat)

• Haha 2