oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wycombe  

33 members have voted

1. 1. WWWTLGOTS? (Will we win the last game of the season?)

• Yes
    • No
    • No, we will lose 17-1 and Wycombe will avoid relegation

In terms of improvement in medical and medicine science can someone please come up with a forget about the Boro pill, would help so much becuase all of us through no fault of our own will accept whatever happens moving ahead

• Like 1
  • Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like, even taking this as a single game and taking it as a nothing game, this was embarrassing. I can't quite state how bad today was. The amount of times they got in behind us as a result of shamboli

I was busy this afternoon, so I decided to avoid the results and wait for the highlights on Quest. After watching teams with far less talented players (and far less experienced managers) giving their

More utter *** in the press conference - Warnock said: ““I’m not going to knock them today. We were poor today, but overall, to finish tenth after where we were when we came in, I think it’s been

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Woof Woof said:

Boro, beaten 0-3 by a side fighting relegation and I'm not at all surprised.

That just about sums my feelings up really. I have no expectation or even hope that things can improve under this ownership.

Am I wrong?

Well I don't see them improving under the current manager, thats for sure.

But I agree it doesn't help us that the chairman seems incapable of understanding the need for longer term planning...or simply doesn't want to hand over control of footballing matters, to people who better understand them.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, marvin said:

This pretty much sums up what I’m expecting to happen. I don’t see Warnock being here at Christmas. I do think that what he’ll leave in terms of the squad, won’t be as bad as most people think. I think we’ll have a much better balance to the squad than when Pulis left. I just hope he doesn’t leave under a cloud.

Oh goody so we can look forward to Roy Hodgson being the next manager.

Is there anywhere in Europe where there are up and coming managers we should be considering?

What about Denmark @Borodane and @SmogDane any thoughts?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

In terms of improvement in medical and medicine science can someone please come up with a forget about the Boro pill, would help so much becuase all of us through no fault of our own will accept whatever happens moving ahead

I thought we were through this before Alan. Answer below 😂

image.thumb.jpeg.7cdd2097885dc96ea01c5fa58a437e22.jpeg

• Haha 1
44 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

I reckon Warnock is under-estimating how sour fan sentiment has been towards the second half of this season, judging by his interviews and reactions to today.

If he doesn't have us up for games from the start next season - if we play ANYTHING close to how uninterested we've been for the last couple of months - he's in for a rude awakening. Our fans would have crucified them today if they'd been in the Riverside.

After the Pulis garbage and then the farcical nonsense of Woodgate and the Golden Thread, these last few months would have had the fans screaming for Gibson's head let alone Warnock. It was getting very close to that towards the end of the Pulis era. If Warnock does stay and he starts next season the same way this one has petered out the leaves won't have dropped from the trees before Gibson feels the heat let alone Warnock.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I thought we were through this before Alan. Answer below 😂

image.thumb.jpeg.7cdd2097885dc96ea01c5fa58a437e22.jpeg

Not all of us like Guinness Joe and it takes a few bottles of Cabernet Sauvignon to take it's toll. Bloody lock down has taken away the squiffy side of fine red wine, but good for the blood so they say🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Warnock is a tit. That's pretty much all I have to say right now.

I'm still fuming about Derby staying up.

That's a pity DZ was relying on some insane babble from you to keep the post count going😉

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

After the Pulis garbage and then the farcical nonsense of Woodgate and the Golden Thread, these last few months would have had the fans screaming for Gibson's head let alone Warnock. It was getting very close to that towards the end of the Pulis era. If Warnock does stay and he starts next season the same way this one has petered out the leaves won't have dropped from the trees before Gibson feels the heat let alone Warnock.

It stinks of Gibson not having any idea of an alternative. It will be a mad scramble to find a manager during season time when anybody decent is employed.

• Like 2
On 5/7/2021 at 8:55 AM, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

What is all this anti Derby vitriol?

I’d rather we had as many big teams in the Championship, it makes the matches far more appealing. As @SmogDane said in an earlier post, wouldn’t it be great to have a go at Sunderland twice a season. For me, a match against Derby, holds far more appeal than one against Rotherham or Wycombe. 

My dear chap. Please do understand. I just don't like Derby. Never have.

5 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

Huh! I don't like Cardiff after today either!

8 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

That's a pity DZ was relying on some insane babble from you to keep the post count going😉

What? DZ and insane babble in the same sentence? Never .........

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
32 minutes ago, marvin said:

This pretty much sums up what I’m expecting to happen. I don’t see Warnock being here at Christmas. I do think that what he’ll leave in terms of the squad, won’t be as bad as most people think. I think we’ll have a much better balance to the squad than when Pulis left. I just hope he doesn’t leave under a cloud.

(...just re read what I’ve posted and decided I’d better look for my tin hat)

Despite the stuff I often post here, I am (like most fans, I suspect) the eternal optimist...hoping against all expectations that things will be better next season.

Given our manager and financial situation, there isn't much cause to be hopeful, but until our transfer business is concluded, we can't really slate Warnock for what he hasn't done yet.

I'd like to think he can find players that will respond to his methods better than our current lot...but I'm not holding my breath.

I think its going to be very difficult to improve much next season, both in terms of squad quality and league position. With that in mind, I have a feeling NW may well jump before he's pushed, ushering in the era of Blackwell and Jepson... 😱

...or if we're lucky they'll decide to go as well and we can start with a clean slate. Maybe Gibson could give a certain Brazilian former No.10 a call and see if he fancies being our next saviour?

image.thumb.png.1524c7b242b6205ccf30def1631b4290.png

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

It’s odd how we have teams that we feel that way about. I really don’t like Bristol City, Exeter City or Wolverhampton Wanderers.