oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wycombe  

33 members have voted

1. 1. WWWTLGOTS? (Will we win the last game of the season?)

• Yes
    • No
    • No, we will lose 17-1 and Wycombe will avoid relegation

7 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I think its going to be very difficult to improve much next season, both in terms of squad quality and league position. With that in mind, I have a feeling NW may well jump before he's pushed, ushering in the era of Blackwell and Jepson.

Warnock has to hit the ground running next season and his summer signings have to inspire. If the fans are back in and they are watching hoofball without wins then the level of scepticism will grow very quickly and the Riverside will become toxic. Judging by his after match comments the lack of atmosphere at games has seemingly created a false sense of security as well as reality.

• Like 1
  • Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like, even taking this as a single game and taking it as a nothing game, this was embarrassing. I can't quite state how bad today was. The amount of times they got in behind us as a result of shamboli

I was busy this afternoon, so I decided to avoid the results and wait for the highlights on Quest. After watching teams with far less talented players (and far less experienced managers) giving their

More utter *** in the press conference - Warnock said: ““I’m not going to knock them today. We were poor today, but overall, to finish tenth after where we were when we came in, I think it’s been

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Despite the stuff I often post here, I am (like most fans, I suspect) the eternal optimist...hoping against all expectations that things will be better next season.

Given our manager and financial situation, there isn't much cause to be hopeful, but until our transfer business is concluded, we can't really slate Warnock for what he hasn't done yet.

I'd like to think he can find players that will respond to his methods better than our current lot...but I'm not holding my breath.

I think its going to be very difficult to improve much next season, both in terms of squad quality and league position. With that in mind, I have a feeling NW may well jump before he's pushed, ushering in the era of Blackwell and Jepson... 😱

...or if we're lucky they'll decide to go as well and we can start with a clean slate. Maybe Gibson could give a certain Brazilian former No.10 a call and see if he fancies being our next saviour?

image.thumb.png.1524c7b242b6205ccf30def1631b4290.png

Now that’s an appointment that would make everyone happy 😃 

well except those who just won’t allow themselves to be happy 😊 

• Like 1

Out of the 18 named in today's matchday squad, Bolasie, Archer, Johnson and Bettinelli are unlikely to be here next season. Coulson, Akpom and Spence are seemingly being nudged towards the exit door. Saville has been told he's not worth the money and McNair wasn't mentioned in his "core" speech this week. Five are kids sat on the bench leaving just four players, Howson, Hall, Bola and Watmore seemingly knowingly included in Warnock's plans for next season. Howson to me looks like his legs have gone which doesn't leave much to work with even allowing for the return of Fry, Tav Fisher and Dijskteel.

It's little wonder we witnessed the shocker that we did today but it's also alarming as to how the club has sunk to this low point.

2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Out of the 18 named in today's matchday squad, Bolasie, Archer, Johnson and Bettinelli are unlikely to be here next season. Coulson, Akpom and Spence are seemingly being nudged towards the exit door. Saville has been told he's not worth the money and McNair wasn't mentioned in his "core" speech this week. Five are kids sat on the bench leaving just four players, Howson, Hall, Bola and Watmore seemingly knowingly included in Warnock's plans for next season. Howson to me looks like his legs have gone which doesn't leave much to work with even allowing for the return of Fry, Tav Fisher and Dijskteel.

It's little wonder we witnessed the shocker that we did today but it's also alarming as to how the club has sunk to this low point.

There were suggestions this last week that Archer was likely to get another contract as back up keeper.

1 minute ago, thatoldchestnut said:

There were suggestions this last week that Archer was likely to get another contract as back up keeper.

That was then, this is now. Having said that someone obviously thought Bettinelli was better than Stojanovic so what do I know?

1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

That was then, this is now. Having said that someone obviously thought Bettinelli was better than Stojanovic so what do I know?

Have you heard that minds have changed about Archer?

Okay i did not care about the result today so that I watched the Rotherham game instead and then later stages of derby vs shef wed game. I thought when i saw we lost 3-0 okay we probably put kids out and Wycombe sent their massive giants out and bullied us from start to finish but I looked at the team sheet and thought eh we put out our main players, so my question is were they on holiday today and not putting in any effort or were we really that bad to get beat 3-0?  

Today looked like one of those games where an organised team were playing 11 strangers dragged in from the car park half an hour before kick off..  no-one was terrible but nobody seemed to know how to up their game. Might just be me, but does anyone else think we haven't had a leader on the pitch very often this season, just to chew people out a bit when they need it

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Old Codger said:

Today looked like one of those games where an organised team were playing 11 strangers dragged in from the car park half an hour before kick off..  no-one was terrible but nobody seemed to know how to up their game. Might just be me, but does anyone else think we haven't had a leader on the pitch very often this season, just to chew people out a bit when they need it

We have had someone that could be a leader in Morsy but hasn't had the captaincy instead we gave it to Britt for most of it.....who should have really been stripped of it after a few games with his attitude but continued on all the way to late march if memory serves me well. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

We definitely haven't. I remember when the players had started coming back and we were waiting to hear who replaced George, Howson himself wasn't all too convinced about the idea of being captain. He's not a leader but I imagine a proper professional who leads by example in training and whatnot. Britt was a very odd choice considering he didn't even want him on the pitch half the time but given the lack of options, I'm not all too sure it would have made a difference who in our current squad got the armband.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

We definitely haven't. I remember when the players had started coming back and we were waiting to hear who replaced George, Howson himself wasn't all too convinced about the idea of being captain. He's not a leader but I imagine a proper professional who leads by example in training and whatnot. Britt was a very odd choice considering he didn't even want him on the pitch half the time but given the lack of options, I'm not all too sure it would have made a difference who in our current squad got the armband.

I think making Britt captain was one of the key moments in ruining the season.