oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wycombe  

33 members have voted

1. 1. WWWTLGOTS? (Will we win the last game of the season?)

• Yes
    • No
    • No, we will lose 17-1 and Wycombe will avoid relegation

9 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Don't want anyone smelling a rat here despite the fact that of the 493 posts so far I have accounted for 485 of them lol!

Darn..  that means an automatic 300 post deduction and SD singing "Sister Josephine" in Danish every night in your dreams...

• Haha 3
  • Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like, even taking this as a single game and taking it as a nothing game, this was embarrassing. I can't quite state how bad today was. The amount of times they got in behind us as a result of shamboli

I was busy this afternoon, so I decided to avoid the results and wait for the highlights on Quest. After watching teams with far less talented players (and far less experienced managers) giving their

More utter *** in the press conference - Warnock said: ““I’m not going to knock them today. We were poor today, but overall, to finish tenth after where we were when we came in, I think it’s been

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Can't see anything else less than a 12 point deduction for Derby, oh but to wait for a year is so so hard to do!!!

A long slow dripping punishment may actually be more painful and damaging for the Rams. I know if it was Boro I would rather have got it over with and out of the way rather than waste a futile season in the way the Owls just have (accepting that they very nearly survived).

I would reckon that with such an axe dangling over the club any prospective new owner would be a tad hesitant in splashing any cash in Mel's direction. If they do start next season with a huge points deduction then that will be a tough ask in attracting any new Manager or Player. Off the pitch, financially the impact will be damaging on the club and could send them into a tailspin with little else to sell or sponsor!

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Apart from our Wycombe result that late Cardiff leveller intensified my disappointment with Derby surviving but I awoke to this glimmer of schadenfreude:

https://the72.co.uk/234649/alan-nixon-derby-county-face-massive-points-deduction-as-finer-details-emerge-following-season-finale/

Ahahahahahahahahahaha, brilliant if true!

Whilst we await the outcome of Derby's fate maybe we should just temper things with regards to our own club in that their fate could also have been ours had SG been foolish or desperate enough to follow the same path as Mel. 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Given that Howe would cost the equivalent of six Championship players, then his team would like double that, so we would be faced with a choice of a decent management team that would have no cash for players or the possibility of a decent foundation for whoever comes in when money starts to flow again. As the priority is likely to be ensuring survival, then we have the choice of gritting our teeth and supporting our team or turning our backs and walking away. Being beyond hope, I can't do the latter, so like every other time, I will wait it out because things can only get better..    hopefully 🙂  

Thats the problem right there.

Better managers also tend to join clubs that can support their visions and bring in the type of players they like. Can't imagine many would be happy to join a cash-strapped club and try to work miracles. That sort of thing only happens in movies.

I'm gritting my teeth for another underwhelming season and just hoping things improve once we do get a new manager.

39 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Can't see anything else less than a 12 point deduction for Derby, oh but to wait for a year is so so hard to do!!!

Although if Wednesday got their deduction halved you can bet Derby will appeal and get the same treatment. 🙄

6 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Thats the problem right there.

Better managers also tend to join clubs that can support their visions and bring in the type of players they like. Can't imagine many would be happy to join a cash-strapped club and try to work miracles. That sort of thing only happens in movies.

I'm gritting my teeth for another underwhelming season and just hoping things improve once we do get a new manager.

You know at some point Stuart Downing will be offered the job, rinse, recycle and repeat

• Sad 1
18 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Anyone else think that it was very beneficial that the Derby/Wednesday game overun for so long after the Cardiff/Rotherham result was in?

Hear what you say but don't think that this can fall into a conspiracy theory.

Yes Derby knew a draw would be enough but it was up to SW to score again to send them both down.

The result was a fair result and just highlighted how bad SW have been all this season

12 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

You know at some point Stuart Downing will be offered the job, rinse, recycle and repeat

10 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

With Stampy as his assistant! 🤣

Guys - seriously! Are you trying to give me nightmares!!! 😱😭

Its bad enough thinking about Blackwell & Jepson taking over.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Haha 1