oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wycombe  

33 members have voted

1. 1. WWWTLGOTS? (Will we win the last game of the season?)

• Yes
    • No
    • No, we will lose 17-1 and Wycombe will avoid relegation

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think there were a few of them on strike today hahahahahaha hahahahaa hahahahah

hahahaha

ha

Talking of which I will state that I hope that this is the last time we see Akpom in a Boro shirt, what a total waste of space he has been

• Like 1
  • Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like, even taking this as a single game and taking it as a nothing game, this was embarrassing. I can't quite state how bad today was. The amount of times they got in behind us as a result of shamboli

I was busy this afternoon, so I decided to avoid the results and wait for the highlights on Quest. After watching teams with far less talented players (and far less experienced managers) giving their

More utter *** in the press conference - Warnock said: ““I’m not going to knock them today. We were poor today, but overall, to finish tenth after where we were when we came in, I think it’s been

Posted Images

More utter *** in the press conference -

Warnock said: ““I’m not going to knock them today. We were poor today, but overall, to finish tenth after where we were when we came in, I think it’s been a fabulous achievement.

After talking all summer about how he wouldn't be here if be didn't think we could get us promoted this year is quite the climb down to claim a great achievement for not even coming close. 

“If that all goes well, we’ll have a very good chance of finishing higher than tenth next season. I don’t think you can promise anything because I don’t think anybody knows what your recruitment will be

Already setting himself up to deflect any of the blame on recruitment. Been talking all week about how he won't sign a player unless he or one of his cronies have seen them play - either you're making the decisions or the recruitment team are, you can't change your mind on a day to day basis.

We’ll need a bit of luck. I don’t think I’m being disrespectful to the lads that have been here, but we’ve finished tenth without really having a striker this season.

You've had 3 centre forwards this season, you've not managed to get a damn thing out of them. But nah, its all their fault. 

With the last 3 months or so, Warnock has overtaken pulis as my most despised manager in our history. He's a complete fraud, and he gets away with it with most of our fans. The fact he's here for another year has me utterly dejected about where this club is going. 

I won't be spending another penny on the club until he's gone. That's only the 150 odd quid I spend on match passed and 120 odd quid I spend on the two kits, but I can't just sit and complain and continue to give the club anything. I'll watch us when were on sky and continue to follow us on here, but that's it.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Thanks Joe, hopefully whatever comments NW says will annoy enough members to voice their anger!thus increasing my chances

Mission accomplished!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Warnock said: ““I’m not going to knock them today. We were poor today, but overall, to finish tenth after where we were when we came in, I think it’s been a fabulous achievement.

After talking all summer about how he wouldn't be here if be didn't think we could get us promoted this year is quite the climb down to claim a great achievement for not even coming close. 

“If that all goes well, we’ll have a very good chance of finishing higher than tenth next season. I don’t think you can promise anything because I don’t think anybody knows what your recruitment will be

Already setting himself up to deflect any of the blame on recruitment. Been talking all week about how he won't sign a player unless he or one of his cronies have seen them play - either you're making the decisions or the recruitment team are, you can't change your mind on a day to day basis.

We’ll need a bit of luck. I don’t think I’m being disrespectful to the lads that have been here, but we’ve finished tenth without really having a striker this season.

You've had 3 centre forwards this season, you've not managed to get a damn thing out of them. But nah, its all their fault. 

With the last 3 months or so, Warnock has overtaken pulis as my most despised manager in our history. He's a complete fraud, and he gets away with it with most of our fans. The fact he's here for another year has me utterly dejected about where this club is going. 

I won't be spending another penny on the club until he's gone. That's only the 150 odd quid I spend on match passed and 120 odd quid I spend on the two kits, but I can't just sit and complain and continue to give the club anything. I'll watch us when were on sky and continue to follow us on here, but that's it.

Those quotes are awful. Getting memories of Pulis' 7th better than 5th and struggling to know which one is worse for post-season crap.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Mission accomplished!

Have to agree with your conclusions Kev in relation to the answers given!

Gosh he really is covering his backside for next season already and without a whiff of a blaze of glory for what will be his last season as a Manager.

Lots to look forward too....................not!

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I would try and help but every time I try and get the post count up people get annoyed for some reason 🤷‍♂️

I don't think it matters...happy, angry, liked, confused...they all count. To DS anyway...

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

They definitely sound like the words of a man who knows he's not gonna be here much longer, doesn't care too much what happens next season, or what kind of mess his successor(s) have to inherit.

Any manager who actually cared about his job and / or the club he was employed by would have been angry and embarrassed...and would have said as much. 

Warnock can't go soon enough for me. He's fast approaching retirement, knows it and doesn't give a toss. He's just treating Boro as one last gig before he rides off into the pundit's chair at Sky.

I know this was the last game of the season and there was nothing riding on it, but to casually pass off that sort of display and not even try to offer any kind of apology (or even any excuses) as to why we were so poor...

...I just don't want him at Boro any longer. I want someone who actually cares about the job, doesn't accept sub-par performances and who won't treat the fans like idiots.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 2

I reckon Warnock is under-estimating how sour fan sentiment has been towards the second half of this season, judging by his interviews and reactions to today.

If he doesn't have us up for games from the start next season - if we play ANYTHING close to how uninterested we've been for the last couple of months - he's in for a rude awakening. Our fans would have crucified them today if they'd been in the Riverside.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I don't think it matters...happy, angry, liked, confused...they all count. To DS anyway...

Gosh only 100 to go and surely the NW comments will attract at least another twenty or so reactions, and we have not heard from DZ yet so potentially the 500 is on!

Only to fail in the 490's 🤥

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Gosh only 100 to go and surely the NW comments will attract at least another twenty or so reactions, and we have not heard from DZ yet so potentially the 500 is on!

Only to fail in the 490's 🤥

Do a Rotherham and fail in the final minutes Alan 😢

• Sad 1