Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Thanks for this I do have an interest in Railways and I guess I was a bit of an anorak in my youth🤪
    • as far as I know, it is still "under consideration"..  which usually means nobody wants to invest the money required ..  would certainly help even if only open on match days, but I fear it will go the way of the wind turbine and unless people start to kick up a fuss, the Transporter ..  
    • Sorry my bad meant Middlehaven, so has the old Cargo Fleet Station opened now?
    • 01/12/1900 - 1st fixture between both clubs,  Boro 2 Blackpool 0  Biggest win 9-2 as mentioned below  Hattricks & more in one game v Blackpool  10th December 1938, Wilf Mannion bagged 4 goals at home to Blackpool in the 9-2 thrashing, one more than Micky Fenton Wilf became the 9th different Boro player to score 4 goals in one 1st team game & the 17th in total 7th September 1925 - James McCelland scored all 3 in a 3-2 win at Bloomfield park, in a 2nd division fixture, it was James 1st Boro HT our 5th away HT & 39TH in total James became the 16th different Boro player to score a 1st team HT 10TH December 1938 - Micky Fenton scored 3 when the mighty Boro thrashed Blackpool 9-2 at Ayresome Park in 1st division fixture, it was Micky Fenton’s 5th Boro HT,  our 49th home HT & 65TH in total Micky became the 23rd different Boro player to score a 1st team HT 25th November 1950 - Alex McCrae scored 3 goals in a 4-3 home win,  it was Alex’s 3rd Boro HT our 62nd home HT & 80TH in total Alex became the 29th different Boro player to score a 1st team HT 15th November 1986 - Bernie Slaven was the 1st Boro player to score a HT after coming out of voluntarily liquidation & the 1st FAC HT v Blackpool It was Bernies 1st Boro HT our 85th home HT & 118TH in total Bernie became the 44th different Boro player to score a 1st team HT It was also our 15th FAC hattrick, of which 11 were at home    Record of Boro v Blackpool  Won 22 Drew  7 Lost 5 Goals scored – 74 Goals against -  40   Did you know:-  1973-74 - Blackpool were one of 2 teams we failed to beat in our  2nd division championship & the only team we failed to score past that season  One of the 1986 legends Gary Parkinson, between 1986-1993 played 243 games for the Boro, scoring 7 goals, in 2001 for one season he signed for Blackpool, his last league club, where he played 24 games One of the 4 famous Carr bothers who played for the mighty Boro John, played 449  goals scoring 81 goals signed for Blackpool in 1930, playing 14 games, scoring 2 goals Micky Burns who John Neal signed in 1978 started out for Blackpool but didn’t play a 1st game for them   
    • It's an abandoned proposal from the early 2010s, sadly.