oneBoro Forum

Posted (edited)

Now some players are maybe holding back from getting injured but it’s pretty clear to me there is not much quality in the B team to support an average A team. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ouch 🤣

When you see something like that it makes you think about stuff and I think its an appropriate time to also say how positive this forum is for myself and my mental health and mood.  It’s a great place

The problem with the gesture itself (in my opinion) is that there are no concrete goals. 'End racism' is a noble idea, but how do we know when that's been achieved? Can it be achieved? I wonder i

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Now some players are maybe holding back from getting injured but it’s pretty clear to me there is not much quality in the B team to support an average A team. 

Are you ever positive about anything? An average A team? Player for player England arguably have one of the strongest teams at the Euros this year, skill wise.

You can question management decisions and playstyles, but calling them an average A team is just plain wrong.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Are you ever positive about anything? An average A team? Player for player England arguably have one of the strongest teams at the Euros this year, skill wise.

You can question management decisions and playstyles, but calling them an average A team is just plain wrong.

I am when it’s earned.
The riverside is a very good stadium and looks really well on telly. 

The weather has been so enjoyable, I hope it lasts through out the summer. 

Had a great day out with the Grandchildren today, Loch park was surprisingly lovely. 

The wife just cooked a fantastic pork roast. Unexpectedly may I add.

Oh I’ll take your word for it and look forward to seeing the trophy. 

Not much to take from those 2 games in all honesty. Good to see Henderson get some minutes, although he shouldn't be on penalty duty at all.

Looking forwards to the first game now (with slight apprehension), think we will see a back 5 for that game, then as the tournament progress (and Maguire is fit enough) a back 4 is a real viable option. Grealish (and to a lesser extent Bellingham) once again the standout(s). It must be getting harder and hard in Southgate's mind to leave Foden, Mount and Grealish out. Those 3 are our most in form players of the group of attackers at the moment. 

Also think Lingard gets the 26th spot. Can see the sense in taking JWP, but think there are 4 midfielders ahead of him. That's before considering Mount and Foden for those spots too.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Not much to take from those 2 games in all honesty. Good to see Henderson get some minutes, although he shouldn't be on penalty duty at all.

Looking forwards to the first game now (with slight apprehension), think we will see a back 5 for that game, then as the tournament progress (and Maguire is fit enough) a back 4 is a real viable option. Grealish (and to a lesser extent Bellingham) once again the standout(s). It must be getting harder and hard in Southgate's mind to leave Foden, Mount and Grealish out. Those 3 are our most in form players of the group of attackers at the moment. 

Also think Lingard gets the 26th spot. Can see the sense in taking JWP, but think there are 4 midfielders ahead of him. That's before considering Mount and Foden for those spots too.

Foden, Mount and Grealish all have made there mark but Starling and Rashford are wanting. GS has a affection for the latter two and will play them regardless. I see a good chance for both Foden and Mount but Grealish may not figure in GS starting line up. Grealish work rate is good off the ball and I would like to see him used, a game changer. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Finally got the Romanian curse off our backs we haven't beaten them since 1970. Every little helps.

To be fair that's the biggest scalp of the summer! 😂

6 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

@sanddancerGrealish coming off the bench could be a real handful against "tired" defences. Or just to help get us up the pitch if we are being overrun.

Personally I think it would be mental to not start him. Grealish, foden and mount behind kane for me, with rice and Henderson as the midfield 2. Back 4. Too much attacking talent in that squad to play 5 at the back imo. 

I did the Euro predictor yesterday and if England are to win the tournament I predict we'll need to beat the following;

Portugal (Last 16)

Spain (Quarters)

Holland (Semis)

France (Final).

I suppose if we did manage that we could put to bed all the remarks about not playing anyone significant! 😂

1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I did the Euro predictor yesterday and if England are to win the tournament I predict we'll need to beat the following;

Portugal (Last 16)

Spain (Quarters)

Holland (Semis)

France (Final).

I suppose if we did manage that we could put to bed all the remarks about not playing anyone significant! 😂

Haha pretty much the opposite to the route yous got at the world cup!

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Personally I think it would be mental to not start him. Grealish, foden and mount behind kane for me, with rice and Henderson as the midfield 2. Back 4. Too much attacking talent in that squad to play 5 at the back imo. 

If I was manager I'd try my hardest to cram them in!

But think Southgate sees things differently and with Maguire injured I'm not sure the centre halves we have are that solid in a 4 at international level at the moment. If Maguire is fit I think we'll see a back 4 with those 3 attackers behind Kane (at least I hope).