Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ouch 🤣

When you see something like that it makes you think about stuff and I think its an appropriate time to also say how positive this forum is for myself and my mental health and mood.  It’s a great place

The problem with the gesture itself (in my opinion) is that there are no concrete goals. 'End racism' is a noble idea, but how do we know when that's been achieved? Can it be achieved? I wonder i

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

https://twitter.com/FA/status/1403804301453971456?s=19

Really classy, well thought out and worded statement from the FA. Really eliminates any reason to boo the players apart from the fact that you're a racist. Good job. 

I'm sure anyone booing at this point is channelling their inner Woodgate with his infamous "The table is lying" quote/mentality.

Picture the scene...

FA Statement: "English football is very clear that it does not view this as being aligned to a political organisation or ideology".

England "Fan" that boos: "The statement is lying"..."Boooooooooo!".

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

https://twitter.com/FA/status/1403804301453971456?s=19

Really classy, well thought out and worded statement from the FA. Really eliminates any reason to boo the players apart from the fact that you're a racist. Good job. 

It's coming out from all ends in the camp, even outside as Scotland have said they'll join us in our game doing the same thing just for our game as solidarity with the message we're actually sending.

It's like I said before, the only people left perpetuating this as what people say they're booing it for are the people who will boo.

Notably the only idiotic response I read in the quick glance at the top 5 comments I saw is an anti-vaxxer. These are the people who want the footballers to pander to their idiocy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

On a scale of 1-10 how excited is everyone for the game tomorrow?

I'm probably at a 7 or 8.

I like watching England at tournament footy but I'd prefer watching Boro play at Rotherham so that always kind of knocks 1-2 off, certainly at the group stage.

After today, watching football for joy feels like it knocks another 2 or 3 off. That may go tomorrow if the news remains positive.

EDIT - I forgot to mention, I prefer watching England football at the pub or at least with family/friends. Not being able to do that certainly knocks a couple more off.

So right now about a 3-4

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I like watching England at tournament footy but I'd prefer watching Boro play at Rotherham so that always kind of knocks 1-2 off, certainly at the group stage.

After today, watching football for joy feels like it knocks another 2 or 3 off. That may go tomorrow if the news remains positive.

EDIT - I forgot to mention, I prefer watching England football at the pub or at least with family/friends. Not being able to do that certainly knocks a couple more off.

So right now about a 3-4

Hopefully the news stays positive and that excitement gets bumped up again! Must admit watching the Belgium game wasn't half as enjoyable as it would have been.

Luckily we've managed to book a pub table for me and 5 of my mates, so we'll be in a pub, but it won't quite be the same as the WC.

Edit: Just to clarify WC = World Cup 😂

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Luckily we've managed to book a pub table for me and 5 of my mates, so we'll be in a pub, but it won't quite be the same as the WC.

Do you normally watch football on the toilet like?

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching England at a major tournament has always felt by far and away the best part of football. The atmosphere and feeling is unmatched for me, although since the first tournaments I remember 2004/06 results haven’t been great 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Watching England at a major tournament has always felt by far and away the best part of football. The atmosphere and feeling is unmatched for me, although since the first tournaments I remember 2004/06 results haven’t been great 

The first one I remember properly was 2002. Have the vivid memories of my mum taking me and my sister down the pub on the way to school to watch the first half of games at about 7 in the morning*. 😂

*2002 was in Korea/Japan so the time difference was in full effect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

It's coming out from all ends in the camp, even outside as Scotland have said they'll join us in our game doing the same thing just for our game as solidarity with the message we're actually sending.

It's like I said before, the only people left perpetuating this as what people say they're booing it for are the people who will boo.

Notably the only idiotic response I read in the quick glance at the top 5 comments I saw is an anti-vaxxer. These are the people who want the footballers to pander to their idiocy.

I'm so happy to read considered opinions on the subject, i must admit I've been lazy and only getting my boro chat from the Gazette website comments sections recently which are jam packed with very very dubious posts about politics and Marxism and subverting everything that is english by taking the knee.

 

I'm very interested to see what happens, if an england player scores then takes the knee. The perma outraged booing mob will be conflicted and so I'm sure it's going to happen. 

 

Reading comments here has restored my faith fair play to oneboro, I will not stray again... 

 

living in NZ now so I'm excited about the euros, but not enough to watch at 1am with work in the morning! 

 

in the past I was always excited, then we'd do rubbish, so I lost hope, then just fudge through the group stages and start to look up for it in the knockout phase getting me excited again only to crash out in controversial or underwhelming performance circumstances.

 

now it's fair to say I get more excited as the tournament wears on, always with a shield around my heart in case we get knocked out by a hand of god or uncounted goal that bounced a yard behind the line. we had a bit of luck in '66, but I think we've paid for it ever since.

 

a young squad with a lot of potential and a very intelligent manager, I'm hoping we put on a show for everyone.

 

UTB and come on england!

Edited by HolgateHero
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

The first one I remember properly was 2002. Have the vivid memories of my mum taking me and my sister down the pub on the way to school to watch the first half of games at about 7 in the morning*. 😂

*2002 was in Korea/Japan so the time difference was in full effect.

Wtf are you an amoeba? I was doing my A Levels in 2002 and missed most of the England/Brazil game!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • it's a sobering thought that, if you take away Cloughie's achievements, Bury had as much if not more success, and as much as I dislike Morris, I wouldn't wish their fate on anyone..  so when they reach the National League north and they are having to fight Buxton to be the biggest club in the county after Chesterfield, that will satisfy me 🙂   
    • Anyone chatting to Derby fans right now 😂
    • aah Fischer, id completely fogot about him, unremarkable really,considering that he will go down asone of our most forgettable players in history.it would be nice if you could point to a moment in a game and say ....remember fischer doing this or that.........but you cant, he was totally anonymous. hewill go down in the same list as trevor senior in that respect. or boersma,bent, etc etc etc  its a long list believe me.
    • I do have odd YouTube habits 😂  but I saw this when it was first released and it has burned itself into my Psyche. So if I have to suffer then all you guys have to also 😜 
    • Come on AR, surely everyone already knew about this masterpiece?! It was a big thing when they first did it!

×
×
  • Create New...