oneBoro Forum

Before the tounrnament started UEFA inserted a special rule allowing for a 48 hour delay in case of a COVID outbreak in a squad. So it’s certainly possible to delay a game in certain circumstances. Just not when a player dies on the pitch in front of his teammates who are stood besides him while he is revived🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ouch 🤣

When you see something like that it makes you think about stuff and I think its an appropriate time to also say how positive this forum is for myself and my mental health and mood.  It’s a great place

The problem with the gesture itself (in my opinion) is that there are no concrete goals. 'End racism' is a noble idea, but how do we know when that's been achieved? Can it be achieved? I wonder i

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Awful defending by Poland though and Szczesny probably feels he should be doing better there!

Yeah, he did head it in 😄

28 minutes ago, Brunners said:

The ickiest thing for me is UEFA spinning it as "we're restarting at the request of both sets of players". That's the grossest

I know it's not really feasible because it sets a precedent that you can't necessarily use later in the tournament (not that I expect this to happen again of course!) but for me the best result would have been just count the game as finished with the 0-0 and that be that.

It's technically true though, isn't it?  If Denmark didn't want to play then they could have forfeited the game, and got themselves ready to play the following two fixtures, if they felt able to continue in the tournament of course.  There was an option for them not to play if they really didn't want to.  UEFA were never going to call the game as the score was at that time, and rightly so, otherwise you have to do the same for other suspensions in play, and that could lead to all sorts happening.  I hate to sound callous but they prioritised the football as soon as they ruled out the forfeit.

15 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Before the tounrnament started UEFA inserted a special rule allowing for a 48 hour delay in case of a COVID outbreak in a squad. So it’s certainly possible to delay a game in certain circumstances. Just not when a player dies on the pitch in front of his teammates who are stood besides him while he is revived🤷‍♂️

The game wouldn't have started though, mate.  The circumstances are different.

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It's technically true though, isn't it?  If Denmark didn't want to play then they could have forfeited the game, and got themselves ready to play the following two fixtures, if they felt able to continue in the tournament of course.  There was an option for them not to play if they really didn't want to.  UEFA were never going to call the game as the score was at that time, and rightly so, otherwise you have to do the same for other suspensions in play, and that could lead to all sorts happening.  I hate to sound callous but they prioritised the football as soon as they ruled out the forfeit.

That doesn't stop it being slimy as *** the way they worded it.

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

Can't see Scotland getting out of the group now. They won't beat England (even allowing for the derby factor, which motivates both sides, of course), and I think Croatia will have a point to prove in their remaining games after being so flaccid yesterday.

Oh well, there's always the World Cup for the Scots to look forward to. In 2042, judging by how infrequently they qualify for major tournaments.

I'll be due to retire around then, roll on 2042 

• Like 1
Just now, Brunners said:

That doesn't stop it being slimy as *** the way they worded it.

How else should they have worded it though?  I mean, I guess UEFA could have said something like, 'We spoke to both teams, and informed them of their options at this time.  The options were to finish the game this evening, to return tomorrow to finish the game, or for Denmark to forfeit the game as per the tournament rules if they felt that they couldn't continue in this match.'  Something like that would have rounded it out more but it would have amounted to the same thing.  The way this tournament is set up, they could have forfeited the game, and still qualified with their remaining two games.  UEFA gave them three options, and they chose one of them.   Denmark chose to finish the game that evening, and they lost it.  I have some sympathy for Denmark, but frankly I'm more concerned about Eriksen than the result of a football match that didn't need to be continued.

37 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

The game wouldn't have started though, mate.  The circumstances are different.

Does that really matter? They have a special rule that a game can be postponed 48 hours but now say that it wasn’t possible to postpone the game. Why is it possible to postpone a game in one special circumstance and not another. This instance was so special that it could have allowed a postponement. Could even be after the group stages had finished. If uefa really wanted to they could have made it happen. In the end it was much easier to say finish the game or lose. Kjær had to substitute himself as he could play on after he tried. Do you honestly think that the players were able to make a sane decision at the time?

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Very good point. In that respect, yeah, bit of a disgrace.

The option to play the next day wasn't really an option .. It would be 4 in the morning before crisis help and stuff would end .. Then try to sleep, after what happened, to get up at 8 to go warm up at 10 and play at 12  .. 

So Denmark were kinda forced to play same day, or lose 3-0 ... 

If it was next day at 1700 hours, it would make more sense.