oneBoro Forum

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ouch 🤣

When you see something like that it makes you think about stuff and I think its an appropriate time to also say how positive this forum is for myself and my mental health and mood.  It’s a great place

The problem with the gesture itself (in my opinion) is that there are no concrete goals. 'End racism' is a noble idea, but how do we know when that's been achieved? Can it be achieved? I wonder i

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Looks like Trent is going - graeme bailey gets it spectacularly wrong again

Not just him, loads of media types have been made to look like numpties on this one.

I wonder whether it was down to a change in circumstance, perhaps through Greenwood's injury, or he was always part of the plans.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Not just him, loads of media types have been made to look like numpties on this one.

I wonder whether it was down to a change in circumstance, perhaps through Greenwood's injury, or he was always part of the plans.

Can't see how greenwood pullin out would affect the RB position. I'd say one person heard something and everyone else latched on. 

Only reason I pointed out bailey is cause I'm so used to him also getting it spectacularly wrong about Boro on a regular basis!

41 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Can't see how greenwood pullin out would affect the RB position. I'd say one person heard something and everyone else latched on. 

Only reason I pointed out bailey is cause I'm so used to him also getting it spectacularly wrong about Boro on a regular basis!

He mentioned Alexander-Arnold playing further up the pitch in his press conference, I don't think he'll play as a right back if he does come on.

They might have him in the midfield or on the right.

Four right-backs, though. That's where they've played for their clubs. Trippier looked *** to me at left-back. James and Walker can both play centre-back but I wouldn't put both of them in there and I wouldn't put either of them in a 2.

As for Trent being available for midfield, how often has he actually played there? I've often heard he can play there but I don't know where the evidence of that really is.

Does anybody really see Trent getting a game at right back or wing-back in this 26-man squad? We would have to commit to playing wing-backs to force that to be the case, with Walker and James alternating at RCB and Trent & Trippier at RWB.

So at a push, maybe, but it seems more likely his chance would have to be in midfield and that begs the question why Ward-Prowse isn't there instead of him, as someone who has played there all season and has had a great season himself. It's an even bigger question when our midfield options feel so limited compared to the other areas of the pitch. It almost feels like Trent has to make himself available to play there because of the imbalance there.

I'm re-reading the wonderful Fifty Years of Hurt by Henry Winter at the moment. Time and again, he rails against taking injured or unfit veterans to major tournaments ahead of fit young players who've just had a great season. I can't help feeling the likes of Bamford and Ward-Prowse deserve to be in the squad more than people carrying injuries, like Henderson.

Anyway, moaning aside, how good are our attacking options? We should be able to score against anyone, even if we lack a solid defensive partnership and the GK position remains suspect compared to the very best teams.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I can't help feeling the likes of Bamford and Ward-Prowse deserve to be in the squad more than people carrying injuries, like Henderson.

I understand the sentiment, but Henderson is crucial to the way England (and Liverpool) play. He had to get in the squad, unless he was proper crook.