oneBoro Forum

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ouch 🤣

When you see something like that it makes you think about stuff and I think its an appropriate time to also say how positive this forum is for myself and my mental health and mood.  It’s a great place

The problem with the gesture itself (in my opinion) is that there are no concrete goals. 'End racism' is a noble idea, but how do we know when that's been achieved? Can it be achieved? I wonder i

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I have us playing Portugal...on the virtue that Portugal have scored more than Germany, despite the same GD.

But Germany won v Portugal ... That counts first, right?

Just now, sanddancer said:

After watching today we need to be something really special to go any further. Now where on earth that special is coming from I have no idea…. 

I’d say the opposite if anything after watching today. Germany haven’t been very good and Portugal have scored two penalties

Just now, sanddancer said:

After watching today we need to be something really special to go any further. Now where on earth that special is coming from I have no idea…. 

I have a hunch we've slightly held back a little.

I also strongly believe our tactical set-up is going to be better suited to playing "better" opposition. Germany will press high (judging them on their past games) which will play into our hands.

2 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Were you watching a different match?

Germany have been ***.

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Me too, Germany have been pretty poor this tournament.

Portugal have scored one third of Germanys goals 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Germany have been ***?

Not watched the German game but they scored twice in one game, equal to England in three games. They score goals, we struggle. Anyway it won’t mean a lot going forth. 

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

Not watched the German game but they scored twice in one game, equal to England in three games. They score goals, we struggle. Anyway it won’t mean a lot going forth. 

If you were watching the France - Portugal match, you saw 3 penalties.

Why would we need something special to overcome that?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Germany have been ***.

But they've also found a way to get results when they've been below par. Not that different to England.

Historically they've also been our nemesis in knockout games...

There's a reason pundits always say, "Never write off the Germans..."