• Like 2
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ouch 🤣

When you see something like that it makes you think about stuff and I think its an appropriate time to also say how positive this forum is for myself and my mental health and mood.  It’s a great place

The problem with the gesture itself (in my opinion) is that there are no concrete goals. 'End racism' is a noble idea, but how do we know when that's been achieved? Can it be achieved? I wonder i

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

If you were watching the France - Portugal match, you saw 3 penalties.

Why would we need something special to overcome that?

Because we have struggled to put away vastly inferior sides?

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Getting penalties and scoring goals perhaps? 

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Because we have struggled to put away vastly inferior sides?

As have France and Germany?

The teams we apparently need something special to beat.

7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Because England have managed 2 goals in 3 games...against Croatia and Czech Rep. We also failed to score against Scotland.

Beating either France or Portugal would require something pretty special compared to what we've managed thus far.

As it stands we're going to need a performance a couple of levels above what we've reached to beat Germany.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Uwe said:

Never feel confident against the Germans 🙁

To be honest, I'm not confident about whoever we could have played in the knockouts. We haven't shown enough at the right end of the pitch and we've got lucky at the wrong end on occasion already. The chances that have fallen to the likes of Che Adams or Tomas Soucek might not be missed by Serge Gnabry or Toni Kroos.

But I think one thing is for sure, I don't think people will be as worried if we can beat Germany. They have the favourable results, especially in competitive games. Overcoming that would at the very least send a positive message to the fans, whether we tear them to pieces or nick it by a goal, I don't think it matters.

• Like 2

Just not seeing it.

I'm in no doubt that Tuesday will be a very difficult match, but they were awful against France, Portugal were awful against them and they scraped a draw against Hungary.

If you're going to go off goals, Germany have conceded 5 in 3 games, we've conceded 0.

Portugal have conceded 6 in 3 games.

• Like 1

So what lineups would everyone go for vs Germany? 

Consider Mount and Chilwell are isolating until the Monday. 

I'm hanging my hat and saying I'm very quietly confident about our chances on Tuesday. Undoubtedly a tough game (probably our "semi-final") but think we'll edge it. 

If we get past Germany - big if - the winner of Sweden vs Ukraine awaits. Not easy, but not frightening. Then the Dutch will be a harder challenge, and then the best team from the other half of the draw will be a remarkable final - if we get that far. It's a  tough route, but it could have been worse.I

Having said all that, I suspect the Germans will beat us. How typically England would that be?

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Also, our run to the final involves us playing perhaps our 'easiest' game away from Wembley and any tough games at Wembley. It could make a big difference.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

As have France and Germany?

The teams we apparently need something special to beat.

They struggled to put away one team that would arguably be inferior.  We’ve struggled against all three of our opponents.  France, Germany and Portugal have all played better than we have at some point in the tournament.  We looked likely to concede against the Jocks as well as last night.  I don’t think either of those teams are even close to the other three.  We’ll need to improve to get through but that’s certainly possible as we haven’t got close to our potential best yet.

• Like 1