oneBoro Forum

10 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

To be honest, I'm not confident about whoever we could have played in the knockouts. We haven't shown enough at the right end of the pitch and we've got lucky at the wrong end on occasion already. The chances that have fallen to the likes of Che Adams or Tomas Soucek might not be missed by Serge Gnabry or Toni Kroos.

But I think one thing is for sure, I don't think people will be as worried if we can beat Germany. They have the favourable results, especially in competitive games. Overcoming that would at the very least send a positive message to the fans, whether we tear them to pieces or nick it by a goal, I don't think it matters.

While Germany have scored 3 times as many goals as England, they've also conceded nearly as many. Suppose that could be a reason for optimism.

I'm still far from confident, but also not fearing a thrashing either. Think it will go the way of the group games...tense and settled by the odd goal.

Of course...if it goes to penalties, we're doomed...

World Cup Wc GIF by Three Lions

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ouch 🤣

When you see something like that it makes you think about stuff and I think its an appropriate time to also say how positive this forum is for myself and my mental health and mood.  It’s a great place

The problem with the gesture itself (in my opinion) is that there are no concrete goals. 'End racism' is a noble idea, but how do we know when that's been achieved? Can it be achieved? I wonder i

Posted Images

Just now, AnglianRed said:

Of course...if it goes to penalties, we're doomed...

But if a war breaks out, we've got a pretty good chance going by our form...

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, boro-unger said:

"Two World Wars and one World Cup" sing the English fans. 

"Everything else" reply the Germans.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

The Germans...great at football...sucky at war... 😁

14 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

If we get past Germany - big if - the winner of Sweden vs Ukraine awaits. Not easy, but not frightening. Then the Dutch will be a harder challenge, and then the best team from the other half of the draw will be a remarkable final - if we get that far. It's a  tough route, but it could have been worse.I

Having said all that, I suspect the Germans will beat us. How typically England would that be?

Wonder if the whole squad will end up doing a pizza commercial wearing paper bags over their heads?

• Haha 1

What makes some of you so sure, that you will play Holland in the Semi Final, if you can win the next two games??????????????????? 

Are they suddenly some sort of favourites for a medal? ... The other day I was corrected by several members, for calling them even a dark horse 😄  😄 

If Denmark can keep it going, we will play Germany in the semi final ... Take that ... !!!!!!!  It stings, right? 😛 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
7 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

I dont understand why the group winners play 2nd placed team. Surely the reward should be against 3rd place for winning the group

Because there are 6 group winners, but only 4 3rd place qualifiers

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

I have had it on good authority that America won both worlds Wars. 
This is a common t shirt by many US forces 🤦‍♂️

B7F45782-3D1D-40BD-B3E7-F464525E2C74.jpeg

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

What makes some of you so sure, that you will play Holland in the Semi Final, if you can win the next two games??????????????????? 

Are they suddenly some sort of favourites for a medal? ... The other day I was corrected by several members, for calling them even a dark horse 😄  😄 

If Denmark can keep it going, we will play Germany in the semi final ... Take that ... !!!!!!!  It stings, right? 😛 

To be fair the Welsh will give the Dutch a tough game in the Quarters. 😉

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

we couldnt beat an egg, tuesday will see us out. danes will batter the welsh.

1 minute ago, Uwe said:

I have had it on good authority that America won both worlds Wars. 
This is a common t shirt by many US forces 🤦‍♂️

B7F45782-3D1D-40BD-B3E7-F464525E2C74.jpeg

I feel like Russia don't get half the credit they deserve for helping win the 2nd World War.

Don't get me wrong they weren't exactly saints themselves but their policy of literally throwing men at the Eastern Front was the biggest factor! 😂

• Like 1