oneBoro Forum

It is very likely that most of the crowd will either be Danish or cheering them on, as travel rules not helping Welsh. Both teams are in the situation that there are no huge expectations about them and they will both be thinking, we can beat them..  it is "only" Wales/Denmark not France, Italy or Netherlands, so this has the potential to be a really good game..  now if I can just find something to do for two days...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ouch 🤣

When you see something like that it makes you think about stuff and I think its an appropriate time to also say how positive this forum is for myself and my mental health and mood.  It’s a great place

The problem with the gesture itself (in my opinion) is that there are no concrete goals. 'End racism' is a noble idea, but how do we know when that's been achieved? Can it be achieved? I wonder i

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Sonni, is that you?

...winning gold for Denmark in the Beerlympics... 🥇🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think Wales are somewhat playing above their collective on-paper abilities. They've been quite impressive, especially Joe Rodon in defence and Danny Ward in goal. So I don't think the match is a foregone conclusion though I'd be a little surprised if Denmark's all-round quality didn't shine through. Not playing in Copenhagen could make a difference, too.

Nothing is a conclusion and as danes we all know what can be achieved when a collective is stronger than the individual talent. I'm not making us massive favourites although if I should put percentages on I'd probably say 60-40

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Borodane said:

If I should put percentages on I'd probably say 60-40

I'd agree with that. You have the stronger starting XI, but Bale is a world-class talent who drags the rest of their team up a notch.

Wales will be the underdogs, but they pretty much relish that role. It's part of the reason they did so well at the last Euros, putting out Belgium - incredible as that seems with hindsight.

7 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I'd agree with that. You have the stronger starting XI, but Bale is a world-class talent who drags the rest of their team up a notch.

Wales will be the underdogs, but they pretty much relish that role. It's part of the reason they did so well at the last Euros, putting out Belgium - incredible as that seems with hindsight.

eye could be like the belgium game, your bossing it all the chances. then bale pin points and unbelievable pass to ramsey clean through on goal like vs turkey and ur one down.  wales are weird side we brushed them aside not long back 2-0 or something totally dominant. but they do have a great belief and solidity, they can really up their game. 

i hope the danes win big though. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Borodane said:

Nothing is a conclusion and as danes we all know what can be achieved when a collective is stronger than the individual talent. I'm not making us massive favourites although if I should put percentages on I'd probably say 60-40

Definitely be shouting Denmark on, play with the same passion and intensity that they did the other night and they'll beat Wales.

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Definitely be shouting Denmark on, play with the same passion and intensity that they did the other night and they'll beat Wales.

yes i do think they will have to much for the welsh. the swiss dominated them from the off and they were very lucky not to take a heavy beating in that game. danes are a much stronger side than the swiss or turkey to. against the italians they defended well but really could have been tanked on another day.

• Like 1

personally i,ll be supporting Denmark against Wales, but in fairness thats more to do with a dislike of wales rather than a love of Denmark. 

seriously though, man for man and collectively denmark are superior and i can see maybe 2-0 or 3-1 . yes wales will point out thier wonderful dynamic duo of bale and ramsey who tbf are quality , Rodon has looked good so far and the keeper has had the rub of the green so far but theres always that dubravka moment witing round the corner. the really annoying one for me is connor roberts, ive suffered a whole season of hearing him being lauded by pundits and commentators and now hes being overhyped by those in this tournament too. cast your minds back to his stint on loan with boro for a more reasoned assessment. 

i actually have a bit of a fancy for czech rep against Holland which goes against all the expectations, Italy look flawless and Austria for me are the easiest team they could have drawn,  Portugal have misjudged thier abilities by not being too bothered about how thier final two games panned out in thier group fancying themselves to win in this round regardless. i think they probably didnt assume they would be paired against Belguim and they will  fall on thier own sword as it seems. Sweden are this years Greece so far. and they could get away with carrying on in the same manner of negativeness, teamwork and an odd moment of skill to get past ukraine. France will have too much for switzerland, Spain v Croatia is the difficult one to perdict for me as both have been underwhelming so far and im going for a penalty lottery to decide this one and finally england v germany.....  im reasonably and suprisingly optomistic about the outcome purely based on gut feeling , i had the exact same gut feeling about the scotland game and i think we will do them this time. we wont get two goals clear or win on pennas , not in a major touno anyway, but i can see another 1--0  

My oldest son (7) turned to me yesterday and said that he wants Denmark to win 'because of Christian Eriksen. For a bit of context we love in Wales and my oldest was born here so is essentially Welsh. I thought my father in law was going to cry 🤣🤣

• Haha 2
23 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

@Essuuaitch Connor Roberts played one game for us in 2017 when he was like 20, I think it's fairer to judge him on his season this year and his current tournament form than that!

ok, i bow down to your stat knowledge and yes, it is unfair of me to judge him on his one game here. however i stand by my annoyance at the massive amount of  hype ive heard about him from pundits and media  the last year or so. hes a decent solid performer, nothing more.  im genuinely suprised btw it was only one game for us but even so , i dont recall many boro fans clambouring for signing him permanently. hes also learned a thing or two from Ayew at swansea on how to roll around the floor after minimum contact.

Edited by Essuuaitch
1 minute ago, Essuuaitch said:

ok, i bow down to your stat knowledge and yes, it is unfair of me to judge him on his one game here. however i stand by my annoyance at the massive amount of  hype ive heard about him from pundits and media  the last year or so. hes a decent solid performer, nothing more. 

He's got 5 goals and 7 assists at Swansea this season and is virtually an ever-present in their team, starting 44 games this season in the league. Swansea made it into the play-off final. I don't know what you expect the pundits to be saying, to be honest.