Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We should just go back to this, but change the year to 1876  

The thing is I'm not bothered about it.  I don't believe that the person who said it really meant it, and I doubt he was looking to really offend me with it, so I wouldn't report it or him.  A bit lik

Well to be fair they are just ideas put together by fans - either using some kit design website or art software. They probably weren't intended to be original. I'm guessing whoever did them was just t

Posted Images

That's rather lovely, isn't it? Mind you, we'd doubtlessly ruin even a top this attractive with the garish logo of a gambling company, pawnbroker or knocking shop. We haven't had a respectable sponsor since Garmin.

• Like 1

Manky.

I am honestly a huge fan of the general style of this season's kit, just not a great fan of the material.

Last season's was really nice too.

Hopefully next season is another knockout. 

3 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Am I right in thinking our shirt sponsors ended this season? It would be nice to see the shirt without the sponsor on like a few seasons ago. 

I'm still hoping for that green kit. I think although not Hummel this would be a nice design if they are still hoping for a nostalgic look.

LAGALAXY_COMMUNITYKIT_SOCIAL_1920X1080_GR-05.jpg

The 32red deal was due to expire at the end of last season so unless they've extended it we should see something new.

I wouldn't  mind if they stuck the airports name on the kit or something. Would be way better than having a gambling sponsor.

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

The 32red deal was due to expire at the end of last season so unless they've extended it we should see something new.

I wouldn't  mind if they stuck the airports name on the kit or something. Would be way better than having a gambling sponsor.

That wouldn't be a bad idea. I hope they keep Zoes Place sponsor on the kids kits as well. 

31 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

That wouldn't be a bad idea. I hope they keep Zoes Place sponsor on the kids kits as well. 

they didn't have zoe's place on last year did they, that was just that two seasons ago? Didn't kids kits go back to sponsorless last year?

20 minutes ago, Brunners said:

they didn't have zoe's place on last year did they, that was just that two seasons ago? Didn't kids kits go back to sponsorless last year?

You could be right i think I just assumed they would keep it on. It was good PR from the clubs point of view and good for the charity. 

So long as it incorporates a band to keep and build an identity that is instantly recognisable from the Forest and Liverpool kits etc. I can live with it. To me that should be the foundational starting point of a Boro Shirt and just for the avoidance of doubt a sash isn't a band.

Sponsorship is a necessary evil in this day and age unfortunately. I would prefer a sponsor that didn't destroy lives but the nature of Football attracts organisations who ply their trade on misery in a lot of cases so it's more likely to be another gambling company who will stump up the cash. I have often wondered if Bulkhaul would gain more than they would lose in terms of marketing by sponsoring the Shirts?

• Like 4

Like the Denmark top, but I think making it a Boro top with a white band would ruin that design. I am very happy with a few of the Hummel designs I've seen released so far so I'm looking forward to ours.

here we go again white band gate vol 54.  its purely down to personal opinion , i get that, but it divides our fans . 

Me, im not a diehard supporter of having it but there again im not totally a diehard of the actual red and white being the templateto work with.  almost every team that has tried variations akin to the band has failed ,the only two exceptions that have been completely successful in varying to a design or style that has become synonamous with thier identity are Ajax and Arsenal. 

the white band was wonderful in its original conception back in 73 but subsequent horrendous versions ruined its appal to me, yeah it was nice to see a return to it ,if only for nostalgic reasons but dont clambour for it year after year. its not our identity , it was a very neat conception in its original form, but it has outrun its ways of being utilised or redesigned.

indded, ive also wondered why weve never gone along the stripe route with the home shirt  as both newcastle and sunderland are instantly recognisable and associated with striped shirts , even hartlepool if that adds any weight to the sentence.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

indded, ive also wondered why weve never gone along the stripe route with the home shirt  as both newcastle and sunderland are instantly recognisable and associated with striped shirts , even hartlepool if that adds any weight to the sentence.

The fact that it's instantly associated with Newcastle and Sunderland is reason enough to not do it, they've both played in that style for over a hundred years.

Sunderland play in red and white and our nearest rival.

We play in red and white.

If we randomly started playing in stripes after virtually no history of doing so, it would absolutely look like mimicry of Sunderland.

The pinstripes in 15/16 were bad enough.

Should always have the band for me, barring Bristol City occasionally copying it, we're one of the few teams to use it and it's identifiable.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 4