Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We should just go back to this, but change the year to 1876  

The thing is I'm not bothered about it.  I don't believe that the person who said it really meant it, and I doubt he was looking to really offend me with it, so I wouldn't report it or him.  A bit lik

Well to be fair they are just ideas put together by fans - either using some kit design website or art software. They probably weren't intended to be original. I'm guessing whoever did them was just t

Posted Images

Given the transporter bridge theme this year, I wonder whether we will get transporter blue for the away kit again.  I loved that away kit, until Sunderland went and copied it a couple of years later.

I think the shirt itself looks really good, one of the better ones in the last few years.

Having said that is anyone else completely fed up with the gambling sponsor? Not only does it ruin the look of the shirt but ethically it leaves an awful lot to be desired. Hopefully isnt too much longer before its prohibited to have them advertise in football the way they currently do.

• Like 2

Considering that Ben "PR" Houchen gets his face all over Boro media due to him being Tory Gibson's best mate, I'm just relieved that it's the outline of the transporter bridge and not his face yet again. 

Being sponsored by a gambling company sits very badly with me. I only just learned that 300,000 people in Britain have a gambling addiction. This article on Andros Townsend was very informative: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12327062/andros-townsend-exclusive-interview-overcoming-a-gambling-addiction-and-helping-others-do-the-same

Edited by p_mards
  • Like 2
37 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Considering that Ben "PR" Houchen gets his face all over Boro media due to him being Tory Gibson's best mate, I'm just relieved that it's the outline of the transporter bridge and not his face yet again. 

Being sponsored by a gambling company sits very badly with me. I only just learned that 300,000 people in the Britain have a gambling addiction. This article on Andros Townsend was very informative: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12327062/andros-townsend-exclusive-interview-overcoming-a-gambling-addiction-and-helping-others-do-the-same

There is a huge gambling crisis in the UK that barely gets talked about, it'll only get worse with how much gambling is rammed down our throats here.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Weasel said:

There is a huge gambling crisis in the UK that barely gets talked about, it'll only get worse with how much gambling is rammed down our throats here.

last I saw they wanted gambling sponsors off kits by 2023, I hope they stick to that.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Weasel said:

If you watch any late night TV - thats all you see in ad breaks...the monotony of it pisses me off as much as anything.

For those of us that think gambling's for mugs, its just an annoyance. But I do spare a thought or two for those in the grip of gambling addiction, or trying to recover from it.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

A knackered bridge that doesn't work, and 'set your limits', two things that beautifully encapsulate Boro 🙌

It still looks nice though - its a historic part of the Teesside skyline. 😉

I do get what you mean though. They could do an entire series of Abandoned Engineering on Teesside. The bridge, the steelworks, whatever's left of the old ICI plant (if anything), the hydraulic clock tower. Must be plenty more besides those.

I hate it. Also, the club badge looks so bad now, they need a redesign, or to just go back to any of the previous version.

Also, they way people bleat on about gambling ads... who really gives a ***? just get as much money in as possible. people will gamble irrespective of where we have 32Red on our shirts.