oneBoro Forum

Next seasons kit

Just now, Brunners said:

Here we go again. You know what you were doing with your comment and it wasn't entirely related to the bridge. Stop it.

Of course it wasn't entirely related to bridges but I thought it was a word that had been reclaimed.  Apologies if I was mistaken about this.

• Confused 1
  • Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We should just go back to this, but change the year to 1876  

The thing is I'm not bothered about it.  I don't believe that the person who said it really meant it, and I doubt he was looking to really offend me with it, so I wouldn't report it or him.  A bit lik

Well to be fair they are just ideas put together by fans - either using some kit design website or art software. They probably weren't intended to be original. I'm guessing whoever did them was just t

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Of course it wasn't entirely related to bridges but I thought it was a word that had been reclaimed.  Apologies if I was mistaken about this.

It is still a slur. Lets just move on and learn from this.

22 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It is still a slur. Lets just move on and learn from this.

I did.  I just had a look around the internet and read some differing views on it 👍

Incidentally, I did get called Adolf yesterday, but you're not really looking for that kind of 'offensive' thing, are you?  

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I did.  I just had a look around the internet and read some differing views on it 👍

Incidentally, I did get called Adolf yesterday, but you're not really looking for that kind of 'offensive' thing, are you?  

When was that, I'm genuinely not sure if I saw that - I'm not around all the time and I don't read every post. Please feel free to flag posts like that for us though, it's what the report button is there for.

getting back to the topic matter, this is why , in general, im not a fan of the white band. when done simplistically as it was in its 73/74 form ,yes its a thing of beauty, but alternatively, when it is tinkered with it can turn out to be a monstousity. Soill be fair as i can with my comments on this particular effort, I Like the collar, i really am pleased weve opted for red shorts and socks and i but into Hummel being a better quality than adidas or errea , although looking back the designs under errea were by far the best weve had. Now then , the band is just too low, and the bridge although iconic is a monstousity itself (like the resulting shirt) and theres no way to make it pleasant on the eye within the design. the other positive i can add is that im on board totally wit thebetting company comments and btw CT I Loved your witty reply "i bet they dont" sometimes a few words can say so much. regarding the recent sidetracking between CT and Brunners , theres a massive irony in the previous post regarding moving on and learning.

Edited by Essuuaitch

The thing is I'm not bothered about it.  I don't believe that the person who said it really meant it, and I doubt he was looking to really offend me with it, so I wouldn't report it or him.  A bit like me using that word last night, which clearly wasn't meant to insult or offend anyone at all.  The intention of the use of a word matters or at least it should matter.  But I will not use it again either way, just trying to make a point 👍

• Like 6
46 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

The thing is I'm not bothered about it.  I don't believe that the person who said it really meant it, and I doubt he was looking to really offend me with it, so I wouldn't report it or him.  A bit like me using that word last night, which clearly wasn't meant to insult or offend anyone at all.  The intention of the use of a word matters or at least it should matter.  But I will not use it again either way, just trying to make a point 👍

Ok, I don't really want to go on about this because you've got a view of the world that just isn't how it works in reality, but just because you didn't use it as a slur or think of it as a slur doesn't mean that it isn't. I'm not accusing you of intentionally trying to offend anyone, just to be more careful about your choice of language.

54 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

getting back to the topic matter, this is why , in general, im not a fan of the white band. when done simplistically as it was in its 73/74 form ,yes its a thing of beauty, but alternatively, when it is tinkered with it can turn out to be a monstousity. Soill be fair as i can with my comments on this particular effort, I Like the collar, i really am pleased weve opted for red shorts and socks and i but into Hummel being a better quality than adidas or errea , although looking back the designs under errea were by far the best weve had. Now then , the band is just too low, and the bridge although iconic is a monstousity itself (like the resulting shirt) and theres no way to make it pleasant on the eye within the design. the other positive i can add is that im on board totally wit thebetting company comments and btw CT I Loved your witty reply "i bet they dont" sometimes a few words can say so much. regarding the recent sidetracking between CT and Brunners , theres a massive irony in the previous post regarding moving on and learning.

Couldn't disagree more. Errea got about 5 right out of 15. That's not a great record. The only thing wrong with the new shirt, imo is the tranny plastered all over it. I don't get the band being too low thing. On the picture of the shirt drapped over a mannequin it looks spot on to me. The XXXL shirt used to announce it might be why it's perceived as being low possibly?

It was a great effort but poor in its final execution which is a shame.

All the ingredients were there to make it iconic, the Transporter and the White band. The band is far too low but may be passable at best with red shorts and the Transporter scribbles are an overkill. All done with the best of intentions but like the Boro badge it just looks like it was designed by a seven year old.

All the right notes, just not necessarily in the right order which is really sad. I do appreciate the intent so some credit has to be given for that. As for the sponsors logo the less said about that the better, it destroys the shirt apart from it being immoral along with offensive and painful to many. I can't understand why for example tobacco products are banned in sport yet gambling is permitted, both destroy lives and families.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I can't understand why for example tobacco products are banned in sport yet gambling is permitted, both destroy lives and families.

Part of the ongoing battle that mental health issues should be treated similarly to physical issues. We can physically show someone the effects a cigarette will have on your insides but when it comes to the brain, that's not really possible to the same extent. So some will have varying beliefs as to how much control a person should have over something like a gambling addiction.

Mind you, at least we accept that sports betting is a problem in football to an extent and have these messages somewhat taking responsibility for what they do to people. I know its not much but we can't even agree within the games industry about what constitutes gambling. Quite close to home, FIFA's Ultimate Team is the absolute worst for it and it's only just starting to take some minor steps to making it more manageable after being banned in Belgium.

• Like 2