Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Recommended Posts

Just now, Brunners said:

Here we go again. You know what you were doing with your comment and it wasn't entirely related to the bridge. Stop it.

Of course it wasn't entirely related to bridges but I thought it was a word that had been reclaimed.  Apologies if I was mistaken about this.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We should just go back to this, but change the year to 1876  

The thing is I'm not bothered about it.  I don't believe that the person who said it really meant it, and I doubt he was looking to really offend me with it, so I wouldn't report it or him.  A bit lik

Well to be fair they are just ideas put together by fans - either using some kit design website or art software. They probably weren't intended to be original. I'm guessing whoever did them was just t

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Of course it wasn't entirely related to bridges but I thought it was a word that had been reclaimed.  Apologies if I was mistaken about this.

It is still a slur. Lets just move on and learn from this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It is still a slur. Lets just move on and learn from this.

I did.  I just had a look around the internet and read some differing views on it 👍

Incidentally, I did get called Adolf yesterday, but you're not really looking for that kind of 'offensive' thing, are you?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I did.  I just had a look around the internet and read some differing views on it 👍

Incidentally, I did get called Adolf yesterday, but you're not really looking for that kind of 'offensive' thing, are you?  

When was that, I'm genuinely not sure if I saw that - I'm not around all the time and I don't read every post. Please feel free to flag posts like that for us though, it's what the report button is there for.

Link to post
Share on other sites

getting back to the topic matter, this is why , in general, im not a fan of the white band. when done simplistically as it was in its 73/74 form ,yes its a thing of beauty, but alternatively, when it is tinkered with it can turn out to be a monstousity. Soill be fair as i can with my comments on this particular effort, I Like the collar, i really am pleased weve opted for red shorts and socks and i but into Hummel being a better quality than adidas or errea , although looking back the designs under errea were by far the best weve had. Now then , the band is just too low, and the bridge although iconic is a monstousity itself (like the resulting shirt) and theres no way to make it pleasant on the eye within the design. the other positive i can add is that im on board totally wit thebetting company comments and btw CT I Loved your witty reply "i bet they dont" sometimes a few words can say so much. regarding the recent sidetracking between CT and Brunners , theres a massive irony in the previous post regarding moving on and learning.

Edited by Essuuaitch
Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is I'm not bothered about it.  I don't believe that the person who said it really meant it, and I doubt he was looking to really offend me with it, so I wouldn't report it or him.  A bit like me using that word last night, which clearly wasn't meant to insult or offend anyone at all.  The intention of the use of a word matters or at least it should matter.  But I will not use it again either way, just trying to make a point 👍

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

The thing is I'm not bothered about it.  I don't believe that the person who said it really meant it, and I doubt he was looking to really offend me with it, so I wouldn't report it or him.  A bit like me using that word last night, which clearly wasn't meant to insult or offend anyone at all.  The intention of the use of a word matters or at least it should matter.  But I will not use it again either way, just trying to make a point 👍

Ok, I don't really want to go on about this because you've got a view of the world that just isn't how it works in reality, but just because you didn't use it as a slur or think of it as a slur doesn't mean that it isn't. I'm not accusing you of intentionally trying to offend anyone, just to be more careful about your choice of language.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

getting back to the topic matter, this is why , in general, im not a fan of the white band. when done simplistically as it was in its 73/74 form ,yes its a thing of beauty, but alternatively, when it is tinkered with it can turn out to be a monstousity. Soill be fair as i can with my comments on this particular effort, I Like the collar, i really am pleased weve opted for red shorts and socks and i but into Hummel being a better quality than adidas or errea , although looking back the designs under errea were by far the best weve had. Now then , the band is just too low, and the bridge although iconic is a monstousity itself (like the resulting shirt) and theres no way to make it pleasant on the eye within the design. the other positive i can add is that im on board totally wit thebetting company comments and btw CT I Loved your witty reply "i bet they dont" sometimes a few words can say so much. regarding the recent sidetracking between CT and Brunners , theres a massive irony in the previous post regarding moving on and learning.

Couldn't disagree more. Errea got about 5 right out of 15. That's not a great record. The only thing wrong with the new shirt, imo is the tranny plastered all over it. I don't get the band being too low thing. On the picture of the shirt drapped over a mannequin it looks spot on to me. The XXXL shirt used to announce it might be why it's perceived as being low possibly?

Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a great effort but poor in its final execution which is a shame.

All the ingredients were there to make it iconic, the Transporter and the White band. The band is far too low but may be passable at best with red shorts and the Transporter scribbles are an overkill. All done with the best of intentions but like the Boro badge it just looks like it was designed by a seven year old.

All the right notes, just not necessarily in the right order which is really sad. I do appreciate the intent so some credit has to be given for that. As for the sponsors logo the less said about that the better, it destroys the shirt apart from it being immoral along with offensive and painful to many. I can't understand why for example tobacco products are banned in sport yet gambling is permitted, both destroy lives and families.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I can't understand why for example tobacco products are banned in sport yet gambling is permitted, both destroy lives and families.

Part of the ongoing battle that mental health issues should be treated similarly to physical issues. We can physically show someone the effects a cigarette will have on your insides but when it comes to the brain, that's not really possible to the same extent. So some will have varying beliefs as to how much control a person should have over something like a gambling addiction.

Mind you, at least we accept that sports betting is a problem in football to an extent and have these messages somewhat taking responsibility for what they do to people. I know its not much but we can't even agree within the games industry about what constitutes gambling. Quite close to home, FIFA's Ultimate Team is the absolute worst for it and it's only just starting to take some minor steps to making it more manageable after being banned in Belgium.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • If that was the case, every keeper out there would just feign death and fall over whenever the ball was anywhere near their goal and every game would end 0-0 for all eternity.
    • Nice to hear Wilder was complimentary of Leo in saying he has really taken to him. I know people might say people should have a a job on merit and not emotion but with Leo it seems he here on both counts.   I guess its nice knowing there someone in the set up who genuinely has the same passion and love for the club we fans do. And that he appreciated by the new boss as much as he is by us fans.
    • Well let’s hope the weather favours those making the journey and the predicted blank of snow holds off.  I can remember my early days pumped up full of beer travelling around the country to games in the back of freezing vans. The worst I remember was a crammed Luton huddled together in the compartment above the cab trying to stay alive. The spilt beer and urine had turned to ice sending everyone flying every time it stopped, took off or cornered. The only stops allowed were for petrol, or a pub so containers a pipe and funnel were essential equipment.  Although I did hire a new Ford Granda in 1980 for a 1 - 1 cup night match at Portsmouth. Terry Cochrane scored, latter we became good friends, but it was a toxic atmosphere and lost my bother who took off while being threatened. Drove around town until we found him being chased down the street by a few hundred agitated morons. Picked him up on the move but someone cracked the windscreen. I remember leaving work at lunch, drove down and back after the game and in to work next day. BORO mad back then.  
    • I didn't see the problem with it personally, whatever the rules actually are, I feel like it should be a goal. It's not a foul as its a challenge by his own player. It's not a head injury so it doesn't need immediate attention. And you're gonna have a hard time convincing me he's not making the most of that just to stop play anyway. Admittedly, he probably doesn't realise himself who's actually stood on his foot but note that by the time the shot hits the back of the net, there only seems to be one player who realises he's down and is asking for play to be stopped... the man who stood on his foot to begin with.
    • excellent news    

×
×
  • Create New...