Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We should just go back to this, but change the year to 1876  

The thing is I'm not bothered about it.  I don't believe that the person who said it really meant it, and I doubt he was looking to really offend me with it, so I wouldn't report it or him.  A bit lik

Well to be fair they are just ideas put together by fans - either using some kit design website or art software. They probably weren't intended to be original. I'm guessing whoever did them was just t

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Weasel said:

I always thought this crest redesign was slick as hell:

image.thumb.png.a4d04fc1455cb0b2e05582accc725b1a.png

Credit: https://www.behance.net/gallery/69903317/Middlesbrough-FC-Crest-Redesign-Concept-2

That's gorgeous! The lion, 86 and 1876, the Transporter Bridge, a circle and a shield...mmm...

How did we end up with our current overdesigned and underwhelming logo when this beauty was in contention?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

That's gorgeous! The lion, 86 and 1876, the Transporter Bridge, a circle and a shield...mmm...

How did we end up with our current overdesigned and underwhelming logo when this beauty was in contention?

Nobody really knows but there were a few rumours at the time that it came from a source close to Gibbo which is why it went through "unopposed" or from a Student at a local College (or maybe a mixture of the two). To my knowledge the original source never really came to light and considering the fans opinions at the time and ever since it's not a surprise it was kept quiet.

It was done by a bloke that worked at the club. He was in some kind of junior marketing/commerce position. I remember him referencing it on twitter at the time and then receiving a lot of stick as it was so bad.

4 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

We should just go back to this, but change the year to 1876

250px-Middlesbrough_crest_old.png

I did like that badge, but would love to see us go to a minimalist badge with just a lion, or a lion with MFC underneith. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, HolgateBoy said:

How many weeks after the home shirt does the away shirt usually come out? Can anyone remember back to last pre-season for a rough idea?

Think they were both out at the same time last year

22 hours ago, Brunners said:

Ok, I don't really want to go on about this because you've got a view of the world that just isn't how it works in reality, but just because you didn't use it as a slur or think of it as a slur doesn't mean that it isn't. I'm not accusing you of intentionally trying to offend anyone, just to be more careful about your choice of language.

I think the point CT was trying to make is that not all "world views" are in fact global.

The majority of the time, some people find certain things offensive, while others don't. Even when it comes to words relating to themselves.

Also, as CT said, the intent behind the use of a word can carry as much meaning as the word itself (though that can be less obvious on an internet forum).

In a nutshell, just because the prevailing or politically correct view is to find something offensive, not everyone will. Assuming everyone is aware of, or agrees with said view can cause as much argument as the topic itself...as we occasionally see here.

Anyway, thats just my 2 cents.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
Just now, AnglianRed said:

I think the point CT was trying to make is that not all "world views" are in fact global.

The majority of the time, some people find certain things offensive, while others don't. Even when it comes to words relating to themselves.

In a nutshell, just because the prevailing or politically correct view is to find something offensive, not everyone will. Assuming everyone is aware of, or agrees with said view can cause as much argument as the topic itself...as we occasionally see here.

Anyway, thats just my 2 cents.

I'll be honest, I don't really care if you are offended or not - it's still considered a slur, so I'm not going to allow it, it's that simple.

18 hours ago, Weasel said:

I always thought this crest redesign was slick as hell:

image.thumb.png.a4d04fc1455cb0b2e05582accc725b1a.png

Credit: https://www.behance.net/gallery/69903317/Middlesbrough-FC-Crest-Redesign-Concept-2

Thats a nice piece of work - though really you could make 2 badges out of it. Get rid of the shield and you've basically got the 1986 badge.

For a new design, I'd keep the shield, have "MIDDLESBROUGH FC" in a bar across the top and "1876" where the 86 is.

I'd also change the blue bits to red.