oneBoro Forum

Euro Greatest Boro XI

4 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Huth ahead of Pogatez and Southgate head of Ehiogu and you've got yourself a canny back four there.  Need a different 'keeper though.  Just pick Schwarzer.  If the Aussies can be in Eurovision then they can be in the Euro Champs as well.

That confused the hell out of me...just as much as Israel being in Eurovision. 

Seriously GIF

2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

That confused the hell out of me...just as much as Israel being in Eurovision. 

Seriously GIF

FWIW it's the same reason Israel is in UEFA too, because they politically don't have anywhere else to go.

Australia is in Eurovision because they're the biggest market outside Europe & they joined for one celebration year, did really well & then got put in permanently.

13 hours ago, Brunners said:

FWIW it's the same reason Israel is in UEFA too, because they politically don't have anywhere else to go.

Australia is in Eurovision because they're the biggest market outside Europe & they joined for one celebration year, did really well & then got put in permanently.

Still a load of ***.

So what if Israel doesn't have anywhere else to go? Why do they need to be included in a bloody song contest?

Australia doesn't even have that excuse. Why not start up a Southern Hemisphere song contest?

If you're going to start doing that, its not Eurovision anymore...its basically anyone who fancies a go.

12 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Still a load of ***.

So what if Israel doesn't have anywhere else to go? Why do they need to be included in a bloody song contest?

Australia doesn't even have that excuse. Why not start up a Southern Hemisphere song contest?

If you're going to start doing that, its not Eurovision anymore...its basically anyone who fancies a go.

Eurovision is made up of countries in the EBU (European Broadcast Union), not the EU. It's not a political thing (although we all know why the UK hasn't won in decades, and it's not necessarily because the songs are bad!)

Is anyone honestly surprised that Australia loves Eurovision? They were the obvious guest country and I'm glad they're a permanent fixture.

As long as we don't ever invite the Yanks to participate.

On 6/8/2021 at 9:38 PM, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Eurovision is made up of countries in the EBU (European Broadcast Union), not the EU. It's not a political thing (although we all know why the UK hasn't won in decades, and it's not necessarily because the songs are bad!)

Is anyone honestly surprised that Australia loves Eurovision? They were the obvious guest country and I'm glad they're a permanent fixture.

As long as we don't ever invite the Yanks to participate.

I for one am looking forward to the All American Eurostars Universal Vocal Championships and I will be supporting my favourite franchise The United Kingdom of States. It sure does confuse me that only part of the Irish franchise is being represented. They're my backup option as I'm Irish - my great, great Granddad once ate a bag of Taytos so I have heritage.

Rule Brittania y'all!