oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹

1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

There is a great deal of loyalty and enthusiasm on here and I respect that sincerely. Let’s just remember this is England v Scotland so the form book goes out the window and we have inept GS to worry about. 

I don't get how you can call Southgate inept?

He's the only England manager to get us to a semi-final since Terry Venables 25 years ago.

He's also been in management for far less time than any of his predecessors.

Taking all that into account I don't think he's done too badly. Maybe he's not good enough to win us any silverware (though thats also partly down to the players) but he's far from the worst we've had in a long time.

On a completely unrelated note...can anyone explain why Scotland fans are wearing t-shirts with cheesy 70s disco lyrics?

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

There is a great deal of loyalty and enthusiasm on here and I respect that sincerely. Let’s just remember this is England v Scotland so the form book goes out the window and we have inept GS to worry about. 

This game unlike others can go badly wrong if we don’t grasp the game by the scruff of the neck, be bold, movement, energetic and put away chances. No one can hide, no one can be anything less then 100% committed. It can be ugly, it will and England must show intent from the start to finish. It’s not a game to be passing across the back line, or passing back, slow play or hanging on to slim leads and time wasting.  

This is a game that will separate men from the boys. This is desire v skill and who is willing to shed blood and sweat for the cause. Who are the brave, the weak and who will step forward and who cowers. 
This is a game of heroes and zeros. 

i am excited and nervous. 

The same inept GS who got us to the World Cup Semis in 2018, had a virtually flawless Euro qualifying record and who ignored the media and popular supporter opinions so that he could set up his team in order to beat Croatia last week?

Christ, you're a moron.

Edited by Denzel Zanzibar
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

The same inept GS who got us to the World Cup Semis in 2018, had a virtually flawless Euro qualifying record and who ignored the media and popular supporter opinions so that he could set up his team in order to beat Croatia last week?

Christ, you're a moron.

I've mentioned this to him before but for some reason sanddancer seems unable to be even the slightest bit positive whatsoever. I'm not sure I've ever seen him make a positive post about England or Boro for that matter.

• Like 1

Lot of talk about if this was a game for Mings or Maguire but maybe it's a game for both. Maybe this is where we match them up and play 3 at the back.

If that's so, can see it looking something like this:

Pickford
Stones Maguire Mings
Trippier Rice Phillips Chilwell
Mount
Sterling Kane

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Christ, you're a moron.

I think he is inept, as inexperienced and so do others. I believe this squad under a more experienced manager could or would have done better. It’s an opinion as is yours that some else couldn’t. 

I suggest you lay off the name calling my friend.  

30 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Pickford

James

Stones

Maguire

Shaw

Phillips

Rice

Sterling

Mount

Grealish

Kane

4231 then? Don't mind that. Could be a good game for Grealish this.

Bit of a shame that we're unlikely to ever see Mount, Foden & Grealish all play at the same time mind.

What I find funny is that Southgate rested the Champions League players in the friendlies, so they weren't overplayed, and now the media narrative is that they're desperate for game time because they haven't played since the Champions League final.

10 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I think he is inept, as inexperienced and so do others. I believe this squad under a more experienced manager could or would have done better.

England has had managers with plenty more experience than Southgate with just as much talent available at different times, in certain areas of the pitch you're talking about players who the current crop will struggle to ever touch individually, and every one of those managers has faltered.

I don't for one second think that Sven, Capello or Hodgson would have achieved what Southgate did in the last World Cup and yet these are 3 very experienced coaches we've had in the role.

Others can talk about qualification but honestly, the quality of the groups means success is always tainted to me as there's no way we should ever drop points against Kosovo, Bulgaria or Montenegro. Not qualifying, hell not winning the groups we get put in for qualifying for any tournament with our squad has pretty much always been something worth looking down upon.

What matters is what happens when we get to the tournament. Especially in the knockouts, no matter who you play, every game is going to be a challenge. And we got to the semi-final with this inexperienced, inept bloke in charge.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

I've mentioned this to him before but for some reason sanddancer seems unable to be even the slightest bit positive whatsoever. I'm not sure I've ever seen him make a positive post about England or Boro for that matter.

I assume you are referring, negative as in my statement inept. I don’t believe inept as being negative and neither do I need to accept others proposing the term acceptable as a form of acceptance. 

I post as I feel and not what others think I should, that’s not being negative, but as they don’t align with yours and a few others on here you join ranks to condemn and not just myself. There is a big difference in what is communicated in writing and that of speech because written excludes tone. I’ll leave that with you..   

I joined and participate in the forum as I believe it provides a balanced prospective from all parties and not just a selected few. It’s not a closed shop and if you and a few others don’t like that, I am fine with it also, but do try to cut out the profiling you don’t know me personally. 

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't for one second think that Sven, Capello or Hodgson would have achieved what Southgate did in the last World Cup and yet these are 3 very experienced coaches we've had in the role.

Get through a group with Tunisia and Panama, then sneak past Columbia by penalties and then Sweden? While also getting beat twice by Belgium and knocked out by Croatia?

Come on man. There's no way you believe what you just said. It would take an incredibly poor manager to not do what England did at the world cup with the squad they have 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Get through a group with Tunisia and Panama, then sneak past Columbia by penalties and then Sweden? While also getting beat twice by Belgium and knocked out by Croatia?

Come on man. There's no way you believe what you just said. It would take an incredibly poor manager to not do what England did at the world cup with the squad they have 

I absolutely 100% believe what I said or I wouldn't have said it.

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I absolutely 100% believe what I said or I wouldn't have said it.

I think you're massively over estimating the difficulty of what he accomplished. All those teams are way below England in the world rankings and it frankly would have been a massive shock if England had of lost to any of them. He did what was expected up until the semi (which he probably should have won given the two squads), nothing more. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I assume you are referring, negative as in my statement inept. I don’t believe inept as being negative and neither do I need to accept others proposing the term acceptable as a form of acceptance. 

I post as I feel and not what others think I should, that’s not being negative, but as they don’t align with yours and a few others on here you join ranks to condemn and not just myself. There is a big difference in what is communicated in writing and that of speech because written excludes tone. I’ll leave that with you..   

I joined and participate in the forum as I believe it provides a balanced prospective from all parties and not just a selected few. It’s not a closed shop and if you and a few others don’t like that, I am fine with it also, but do try to cut out the profiling you don’t know me personally. 

I don't condemn you man, jesus christ I wish people would stop with this victim complex. 

Your posts are often overly negative, whether you want to phrase it that way or not. That is all, you are welcome to be negative if that's how you feel and I hope you continue posting true to yourself, but you are negative, a lot. That's just the truth of it.

• Like 2
  • Uwe changed the title to EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹